Disneyworld, Fl - EPCOT Soarin' wait times

Merlin2006

In December, 2005, I spent two weeks at Disneyworld, Fl. I went on EPCOT's Soarin' several times usually with a FastPass. Wait times during the day ranged from 20 minutes to 90 minutes. I noticed the wait times never went below 20 minutes.

Each time I went on Soarin' when the wait time was 20 minutes I could walk right up to the "merge" with NO wait. The "merge" is where both FastPass holders & regular ride guests converge. In other words, don't waste a FastPass if the wait is only 20 minutes! I had no problems using my FastPass at a later time even though for this ride, I believe, they state you cannot use your FastPass more than 1 hr past its' expiration.

Enjoy!

Merlin2006

RonAnnArbor

The line reaches 4 hours all the time at peak...it is because the fast passes are all gone by 10:30 or 11:00 am and if you arrive after that and really want to do the ride, you have no other choice but to wait on line.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

The ONLY way to guarantee a fastpass for SOARIN', especially on busy days, is to get there when the park opens and go directly to The Land pavilion and either ride immediately, or get a fast pass. There is a seperate thread on this called Riding Soarin' under the Tips forum

Upvote 0

brookskk

March 27th EPCOT

My family was at DW from 3/24-3/29.

3/25 MK: Pretty heavily crowded. Most wait times 60+. Lightened a little in afternoon.

3/26 AK in AM and MGM in PM: Rode EE 2xs (1 with FP and 1 without) by noon. All others about 45 min.s but streets VERY crowded.

3/27 EPCOT: Highest crowds I have EVER seen here (even after coming 7/4/2005 and 10/31/2005 and 11/28/2005 and 12/20/2005. TT was 60 min. at 10 AM and FP were for 1:30. Went over to Soarin at 1:20. SB was 80 min and FP for 8:30!!!

3/28: Stayed at FWCG and played there!

3/29: Braves Spring Training at WWoS

Upvote 0

Rora

ouch, 4 hours? during EMH once I waited an hour and a half and I thought I'd die. It was the one and only time I despised people walking by with fast passes :lol:

Upvote 0

rocnroller2009

ARRRRGGGHHHH wait

yeah i was down their with my band from pa in january, the hour wait went by so slowly. and we had these jerks in front of us swearing the entire time.

Upvote 0

Magic*of*5

soarin wait time

I just got back from Disney World this Saturday. Soarin had wait times of 130 minutes on Thursday. There were long lines. The ride was spectacular. Totally wrth the wait. I was able to go on all the rides except for Mt Everest, the lines were ridiculous. Can't even tell you the wait time. FastPass had a long line :eek:

Upvote 0

ChemFan589

Hey I'm heading up to Disney on May 7th and going to a handful of the parks on the 8th (a Monday) what can I expect for Soarin' or any of the other stuff (i.e. Everest)??

Upvote 0

chupamiubre

ok soring will not go below 60 min on a normal day

test track will be around 70 on a good day (that is if everything is working)
and 90 on a bad day

on the other hand mission space has no wates all day long for the most part you might see 30 or even 60 min just come back in 2-3hr and it will be a walk on

and if you want to gop on soring go there first ride it then get a fast pass for tes track then finally stagger on over to mission space

now these times are on normal weekends if its close to a holiday or around early to mid may then add about 20 min

but it is not uncommon to see sorin at 90 all day

Upvote 0

maxlbrown

soarin

When we visited last june /july we had to wait about 40 mins and fast passed later. however i can honestly say how disappointed i was with the ride the video footage was so badly stitched together a 40 min wait was a joke for such a poor ride. This was no spiderman and definitely no mission space..
For a disney ride this really is a minor ride not the mainstream big ride it was made out to be
When we visit Florida Epcot has always been our mainstay park. and visit it at least twice if not 3 times a stay.

2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 and coming back in may 2006

Though first time this year in a disney hotel:lol:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I guess you occasionally get a reply like the one above, although the general concensus seems to be that it is not only one of the best rides at WDW, it's one of the best rides in the country.

I guess if you didn't like it, you were lucky you had only a 40 minute wait and not the 4 hour wait that is usual at peak.

Upvote 0

jmvd20

I am pretty sure this is the first time I have heard highly negative things about the ride. I thought the video was great, the wind and smell effects are great. Other than the wait there is nothing about the ride I do not like. It is definitely in the top 5 at least IMO.

Upvote 0

kev1000

we just got back and we went on twice the first we walked on with no wait that must have been a lucky one the next time we had about a 20 min wait but well worth it it is great.

Upvote 0

YQY747

Hey guys I just got back and I went to Epcot on May 13th, the wait time for Soarin' was about 40 minutes at 11 in the morning, I didn't check later in the day, and I must say this is one of the best rides I have ever been on.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom