Disneyworld, Fl - EPCOT Soarin' wait times

Merlin2006

In December, 2005, I spent two weeks at Disneyworld, Fl. I went on EPCOT's Soarin' several times usually with a FastPass. Wait times during the day ranged from 20 minutes to 90 minutes. I noticed the wait times never went below 20 minutes.

Each time I went on Soarin' when the wait time was 20 minutes I could walk right up to the "merge" with NO wait. The "merge" is where both FastPass holders & regular ride guests converge. In other words, don't waste a FastPass if the wait is only 20 minutes! I had no problems using my FastPass at a later time even though for this ride, I believe, they state you cannot use your FastPass more than 1 hr past its' expiration.

Enjoy!

Merlin2006

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It was true as of Sunday, my friend went and opened the park, road Soarin', road test track (right into the preshow room), and then got a FP for Soarin just around 10:30am. It was at 4:30pm for return time.

Upvote 0

1stWDWtripster

mousermerf said:
It was true as of Sunday, my friend went and opened the park, road Soarin', road test track (right into the preshow room), and then got a FP for Soarin just around 10:30am. It was at 4:30pm for return time.

I guess you can tell this is my first trip to WDW. I have about researched myself to death. Would you suggest going to Epcot on the early magic hour and getting a fast pass first thing?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Or a normal day - the unofficial guide says arrive 45mins prior to park opening. That's not so much so you can be first in the gate, but rather so that you're there by opening. There are hundreds of ways to get delayed, slow bus tranport or getting lost for example, that planning on being there before you'd really need to be is the best idea.

Join the crowd of folks walking to Soarin', ride it, high tail it to Test Track and either ride it or get FP depending on the crowd, then hopefully make it to the Living Seas for Turtle Talk by 10am. If you get out of Soarin' late, goto Turtle Talk first, as Test Track will have some fastpasses throughout the day with the exception of holidays. Turtle Talk however immediately becomes a 60min wait and only grows through the day after it's 10am opening and does not offer Fastpass.

Upvote 0

1stWDWtripster

mousermerf said:
Or a normal day - the unofficial guide says arrive 45mins prior to park opening. That's not so much so you can be first in the gate, but rather so that you're there by opening. There are hundreds of ways to get delayed, slow bus tranport or getting lost for example, that planning on being there before you'd really need to be is the best idea.

Join the crowd of folks walking to Soarin', ride it, high tail it to Test Track and either ride it or get FP depending on the crowd, then hopefully make it to the Living Seas for Turtle Talk by 10am. If you get out of Soarin' late, goto Turtle Talk first, as Test Track will have some fastpasses throughout the day with the exception of holidays. Turtle Talk however immediately becomes a 60min wait and only grows through the day after it's 10am opening and does not offer Fastpass.

So your saying don't get fastpass first thing, just get in line to ride?

Upvote 0

sandyvillacis

Soaring during extra magic nights are better

I just got back from a magical vacation at Disney World, and i was able to experience Extra Magic hours at night, the park was open till midnight and i was able to ride soaring then, the wait time was marked as 40 minutes but it took us less than 20 to ride, i will definitely do Extra Magic hours again.. its so much worth it.

Upvote 0

madtheswine630

I was just in Disney from May 21-27, and I rode Soarin' twice. Got front row both times, which was nice (though I've never ridden before, so I wouldn't know if it's any less nice in one of the rear rows).

I enjoyed it, and I thought it really achieved the effect of flying. However, I have to say it isn't one of my favorites. I understand WHY a lot of people consider it their favorite, but I would have preferred one continuous scene instead of the cutscenes. It was too jarring for me to be sailing peacefully along the river one second, and then abruptly getting put in some other scene a few seconds later. I think it would be really cool if each ride was the same length, but a continuous scene...but each time, you got something different. So one time maybe you got the river (sorry, don't know what area of CA that was supposed to be!), and then another time you'd be in LA, etc. That would be MY ideal ride, lol (but since I'm probably the only one who thinks so, that's okay. ;))

Anyway, as for the wait times...I got a fastpass sometime around 2 in the afternoon, I think it was. The return time wasn't until 6-7, but that was alright because it gave my mother and I time to go see other things. Standing wait lines were 60 minutes most of the time, but on Friday (the day we went), the time had gone up to 80-90 minutes. About average, I guess, judging by what I've read here!

Upvote 0

mac41099

I am just completely shocked at some of the wait times mentioned for Soarin' and other rides. I was there the last week in Sept '05 and out of all 4 parks, Soarin', Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, and Dumbo had the longest waits at 15-20 minutes each. Everything else (and we rode everything) was 2-10 minutes. Sometimes they had the Fast Pass closed at rides because they weren't needed. Even the normal lines were 5 minutes long. In fact, the thing that took the longest on the wait was walking thru maze and lanes just to get to the boarding area of the ride.

We are going again this September and I don't think I'll go any other time of the year because of the lack of waiting in line.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom