Disneytopia: My Dream Resort

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Before I say anything else, I'm just going to say that I didn't want to start another thread for Disneytopia. I just did it because I was told that my previous one, which you can see here, was a little disorganized. Because of this, I plan to go further into it, bit by bit.

I'm going to say it now, this resort is not perfect. It has some things in places where they don't belong and some ideas are not as good as others. However, with help from the people of this forum, I hope to make it the best it can be.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Table of Contents
(This post will be updated daily)
Introduction
Magic World Introduction and Park Map
Main Street, U.S.A. and modes of transportation on Main Street
Magic World Wizards and Walt Disney Cinema
Shopping and Dining on Main Street
Entertainment on Main Street
Tomorrowland and Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Star Rescue and Monsters, Inc. Ride-and-go-Seek
Autopia, Stitch Encounter, and Space Mountain
Avengers Adventures Part 1
Avengers Adventures Part 2
Avengers Station and Avengers Station Theater
Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment in Tomorrowland
Adventureland, Aladdin's Flying Carpets, Adventure Island, and Tarzan's Treehouse
Tarzan: Call of the Wild and Jungle Cruise
Explorer Canoes and the Enchanted Tiki Room
Splash Mountain/Ocean Mountain
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Adventureland
Fantasyland, Enchanted Fairytale Castle, and Mickey's PhilharMagic
Dream Voyage, Merlin's Carousel, and Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Peter Pan's Flight and the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Frozen Ever After
"It's a Small World" and Beauty and the Beast: A Tale as Old as Time
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Fantasyland
Frontierland and Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Pirate Island and Frontierland Shootin' Gallery
The Tale of Pocahontas and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Rivers of America Riverboat and Pirates of the Caribbean
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Frontierland
Waterfront Square and the Haunted Mansion
The Making of Modern America
Nemo's Underwater Expedition and Disney Cruise Line: A Tribute
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Waterfront Square
Park-Wide Entertainment
Seasonal Events at Magic World
Neo World Introduction and Park Map
Future City North and Main Plaza
Land Pavilion
Sea Pavilion
Space Pavilion
Digital Pavilion
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Future City North
Future City South and Engineering Pavilion
Animation Pavilion
Communications Pavilion Part 1
Communications Pavilion Part 2
Robotics Pavilion
Force Pavilion Part 1
Force Pavilion Part 2
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Future City South
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance
Smuggler's Run and Hidden Secrets
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge
Wild Island, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Pride Lands Discovery Trails
Rami Jungle Trek, Journey to the Secret Caves, and Wild Island Wildlife Trails
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Wild Island
Park-Wide Entertainment and Seasonal Events at Neo World
Adventure World Introduction, Park Map, and Park Backstory
World Bay, World's Fair Exhibits, and Wilderness Explorers
The Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins, S. S. Victoria Explorations, and Adventure World Steamer Line
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in World Bay
California Coast, the Bakery Tour, and Red Trolley
Surf's Up and Water Patrol
Animation Academy and the Disney Gallery
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and MuppetVision 3-D: Muppets on Broadway
Studio Tram Tour and Rock'n'Roller Coaster
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in California Coast
European Harbor, Venetian Gondolas, and Venetian Fortress Exploration
Ratatouille: Remy's Adventure
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in European Harbor
Discoveryland and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
From the Earth to the Moon and Around the World in 80 Days
Aquatopia and Orbitron
Dining and Shopping in Discoveryland
Mermaid Kingdom and Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Ariel's Playground
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Mermaid Kingdom
Pixar Pier, Dog Force Fliers, and Up, Up and Away
Emotional Whirlwind and Imagination Spin
Toy Story Mania and Jessie's Critter Carousel
Games of Pixar Pier, Pixar Pal-a-round, and Tuck & Roll's Bumper Cars
Incredicoaster, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Luigi's Rocklin' Rodsters
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Pixar Pier
Adventure Outpost and the Digging Spot
Pharaoh's Revenge and Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Sun Mask
Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Many Treasures
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Adventure Outpost
Pandora--The World of Avatar and Valley of Mo'ara
Na'vi River Journey and Avatar Flight of Passage
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Pandora--The World of Avatar
Asian Gulf and Imperial Army Training Camp
Yellow River Rapids and Kunlun Quest: Legend of the Great Beast
Raya and the Dragon Journey
Dining, Shopping, and Entertainment in Asian Gulf
Park-Wide Entertainment and Seasonal Events in Adventure World
Conclusion

Last edited:

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Introduction
This is something I've been thinking of for a while. I first conceived this resort when I was 11 years old. I made it the main setting of a book called "The Marker's Magical Disney Adventure, which told the story of how a fictitious version of my family saved the resort from Captain Hook with the help of Mickey Mouse and Friends. Over the years, I have further developed the idea, first in a Minecraft world, then in a blog, and more recently, in three separate documents. I actually had links to those documents in my last thread for Disneytopia, but I was told to type their information on the thread because it would be easier for people to read, and even though I personally don't like that idea, I have been told that it would be better.

Like I said before, Disneytopia has a few flaws. I've placed things in obscure places (Splash Mountain in Adventureland, Pirates of the Caribbean in Frontierland, Monsters, Inc. and Avengers in Tomorrowland, and Star Wars in Neo World, which is supposed to be an Epcot-Animal Kingdom Hybrid.) I did have some attempts to make these things fit though. I've also noted how I have some things that people don't like (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, Pixar Pier), some similar attractions in the same park (Mission: SPACE and Millenium Falcon: Smuggler's Run are in the same park), and some questionable decisions on some attractions (Pirates and Jungle Cruise have references to their namesake films and I'm pretty sure I ruined the Country Bear Jamboree by trying to improve it). I was a little reluctant to even start posting about Disneytopia because I knew that there'd be criticism that would come with it. However, if someone criticizes me, I'd like them to do it how Walt Disney would do it. Instead of saying that he didn't like an idea, he would suggest doing something else.

There are three parks in Disneytopia: Magic World, Neo World, and Adventure World. Magic World is a Magic Kingdom-style park, even though it has some different approaches than other kingdoms. Neo World is a mix between Epcot's Future World (or what remains of it) and Disney's Animal Kingdom, which splits their attraction range between entertaining (for those who get bored of educational stuff) and educating (to those who do like being educated.) Adventure World is an ambitious park inspired in tone by Tokyo Disneysea. It allows guests to go around the world, through stories, through time, through space, and even through movies and TV. In a way, it is Tokyo Disneysea+Disney's Hollywood Studios+Disney's California Adventure.

More posts are yet to come. Since it is my first day, I shall have two posts. This is the first post. Come back later today, and I will post an introduction to Magic World.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Magic World

0FJORmF2OrYy6sLCmgtUrGeA6cmiEaXXkzoFaBb-P28lDYocrJUbBulmtEc8cjudBu6ntsr5RFxkzQN0ajsln9xYdVtmMPOA6SZ0ubgl2WFZJ_543dOS42EhzqjbNENpOibmAvJ2PnC-0ZV5
Inspired by Walt Disney’s original Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, this resort will be what comes into people’s minds the most when they think of Disneytopia. Within six themed lands--Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Main Street, U.S.A., Tomorrowland, and Waterfront Square--you will find wonder, imagination, and magic. As well as keeping many classic Disney theme park traditions, this park also forgoes some in a whole new way. This makes a unique park experience that stands out in the family of Magic Kingdoms.

Size: Approx. 180 acres
This makes this the second largest Magic Kingdom-inspired park, just behind Shanghai Disneyland and right above Disneyland Paris.

Park Map

Note: I hope that someone could digitally remake this map using the details from this thread.
Y4LOL1iM8Fya64_Mhb8umVM6Ck4lcwd09peKR9YdkT525qg0g8GxHsg_fcEKiOYhStcp3VzxrnaIbExqd7X2Q2SyezVBnJq4Bf0xQNGA5aDJa9_2SMWlYYBIeZFRYDefFS6q5dkC6C5hpiIz

OVERVIEW:
Join us as we explore the six magical lands of the Magic World. Like all Magic Kingdom-style parks, our journey begins on Main Street, U.S.A., a Midwestern American town in the early Twentieth Century. Going down takes us to the hub, where we travel to the five other lands.

Going clockwise around the park, our first destination is the science and science fiction world of Tomorrowland, where aliens, space rangers, monsters, scientists, astronauts, and super heroes unite to share their visions of the future. Up north of that is Adventureland, a land where we explore the mysteries of our world, traveling through the deserts, jungles, seas, and forests.

The largest area of the park is Fantasyland, a land where guests are immersed in their favorite fairy tales. The area goes around a magical river where the Dream Voyage takes place, and it is home to the Enchanted Fairytale Castle, the biggest Disney castle to date.

In the eastern portion of the park are the Rivers of America, which shares two areas. Frontierland is a rustic area where the Gold Rush of the west and the legends of the Native Americans meet the comfort and cuisine of the south. Waterfront Square is a tribute to the creation of the modern, blended culture of America within a seaside Gilded Age city.

Tune in tomorrow as we begin our walk down Main Street, stopping at the station on our way.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It's now time for the opening of the Main Street thread, where I introduce the street and talk about a few modes of transportation around the area.

I also drew some artwork for the area. I'm no Michelangelo, but I did my best.
IMG-6585.jpg

As you can see, it is supposed to be how it would feel like looking down the street at the Walt and Mickey "Partners" Statue. It is bigger than most of the other variations of the statue because it is also used as a stage, although I have had some thoughts of shrinking the statue down to its normal size and having the stage be on the castle. We'll see how it goes.

Without further adieu, Main Street and its Modes of Transportation
MAIN STREET, U.S.A.

YES0dnDC1zz4UzukPHOt0VMMnzxYziWJF6l01eZ-aRQEvLZlt6P-iRA4P54_g0gfKeHPUW33TN-wttZnUMmpMMmVQMzX31OfuQoNigo0LfGbP1_6GozbEC4YJzVwP98RWpqwaU_rk46CQC7B

OVERVIEW​
When being dropped off by a bus on the right or a monorail on the left, you will see a magnificent view. From over the top of a Midwestern train station at the turn of the twentieth century, you can see the spires of the castle. On the roof of the station, you can see the American flag wave in the wind. In front of the station is the face of Mickey Mouse in flowers.

But this is just the beginning. You haven’t entered the park yet. Once you go under the bridges of the train station and walk into the park is when the anticipation really builds. On the walls are posters for attractions within the park. Then, once you get in, you are immersed in a 1900s Midwestern town, and at the end of the street, you can see the castle much clearer.

However, there is more to be seen than what surrounds you. If you look further around, you will see the names of people who helped build the park in fictional businesses. Plus, there is nostalgia all around with its old timey flair. Underneath all of this, there is some magical force. With magic wands and hats (similar to Universal’s WWoHP wands), you will be interacting with magical objects around the land, as well as Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Frontierland. Plus, you can use these to take part in a park-wide interactive adventure that puts you in a secret battle between good and evil.

ATTRACTIONS

1 - Magic World Railroad

A-Ticket
Any Height​
8ecKIg7GhyuhU3R9CyzslYlsdygeX9m-zdgIbG4QL-L8iyZX2tACdm3hravUY_1KSLHsAuZLh-Fcw-l_JlwPtE8UiY0v5KGCH56F0OBcx6WjQOlFiA9yYkdbcXu9jfJwD4Necp5tcWT-ipfx

Main Street Station
All Aboard! Hop on the train in Main Street, which resembles a 1900s American train station in the Midwest. This is a brick building with a clock tower in the center of it. Here, you can hop on a train that will depart to Tomorrowland.

On your way to Tomorrowland, you will pass through a tunnel, dubbed “The Tunnel of Time.” From here, you will go through a twinkling tunnel that transports you from the past to the future. Within the tunnel, you will hear the voices of people such as Walt Disney, Howard Huess, and Neil Armstrong sharing moments that shaped the future throughout the twentieth century. As you travel through here, a sci-fi rendition of “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” can be heard in the background. Soon, you will see a model of Progress City, Walt DIsney’s original version of EPCOT. When you exit the tunnel, you will go past Autopia and go to the Tomorrowland station.

Tomorrowland Station
Between Autopia and Space Mountain is the Tomorrowland train station. This station is given a futuristic look with white spires, a hexagon-tiled domed roof, and vibrant colors amidst a silver building. From here, you can board a train that will depart to Fantasyland. This is also the station for Adventureland.

After moving past Space Mountain, you are immersed in a jungle environment. From here, you will pass by an explorer’s camp, which contains a bunch of artifacts from the nearby Jungle Cruise. You will also come across a Buddha statue, tiki statues, and a crashed plane, all of which can also be seen on the Explorer Canoes. Soon, you will go into another tunnel, which takes you through Splash/Ocean Mountain. The woven ground soon becomes a cavern full of diamonds and crystals. In this cavern are several Easter Eggs, including the glass slipper, Rapunzel’s tiara, and a statue of Prince Eric. You soon go past an audio-animatronic Doc the dwarf, who stands on a stool and welcomes you to Fantasyland.

Fantasyland Station
Between the entrance to Belle’s village and “It’s a Small World” is a cavern. For those who go into it, they will find a mine shaft once used by the Seven Dwarfs before they moved down to the mountain where Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is. However, here is where you can board a train that departs to Frontierland.

As you continue through the mine, you will see water screens showing several classic Disney characters, including Pinnochio, Peter Pan, and Dumbo. You end up going by Beauty and the Beast--A Tale as Old as Time and then go near The Tale of Pocahontas. You exit out of a mountain and go through a forest, Big Thunder Mountain standing mightily on your right. As you continue forward, you will see a Native American camp. Pretty soon, New Orleans comes into sight and you pass by the town, heading into the next station.

Frontierland Station
South of the building where Pirates of the Caribbean is housed, a nineteenth-century train station stands. With its location in New Orleans, it is designed with southern architecture and Antebellum-era styling. This train returns to Main Street, U.S.A., and it also serves as the train station for Waterfront Square.

As you chug along the Rivers of America, you will see several things. First, you go through a bayou reminiscent of the ones in New Orleans. You also will see Mama Odie’s tree from The Princess and the Frog and a sunken steamboat, similar to the one in The Rescuers. As you go further down the Rivers of America, you will come across more wild things, such as beavers building a dam, a grizzly bear scratching a tree, some deer, and a pair of possums hanging from a pine tree. You will soon be fully surrounded by forest without a river in sight. This is where you pass by Waterfront Square, although you may be unable to see it. From there on, you will head back into Main Street.​

2 - Omnibus

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Hop aboard a double-decker omnimover bus and ride down to the hub. This goes around the pond in the middle, which contains the large statue of Walt and Mickey (used as a stage.)

3 - Horse-Drawn Streetcars

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Ride some carriages pulled by white horses down to the pub and back down to the square. Includes four stops along the way, one at the hub, one in the square, and two on the street.

And that covers the first three attractions of the park, all of which are modes of transportation. For those with other ideas for Main Street transportation, comment below. Tomorrow, we will be going further down the street and exploring the remaining attractions on Main Street, U.S.A.​

Last edited:

D Hulk

FEEDBACK

Hello there, @MagicKingdom4Ever, and welcome to the Imagineer forum! I understand you are looking for in-depth constructive criticism of Disneytopia. Hopefully you’ll find my ongoing responses helpful. I’ve been a part of many projects with this community, from team creations to personal solo works (notably DisneySky), plus I've been to all 12 Disney parks worldwide, so you know where I'm coming from. With your blessing, I can offer ongoing Disneytopia commentary/thoughts as you post. Now onward!

This is an impressively ambitious project in scope and intent, spanning a whole new resort with three parks! That’s a lot of material to develop and fine tune. This is clearly a passion project, with hundreds of pages already written. As @spacemt354 suggested earlier, while you may see areas which need improvement, it already feels presentation-worthy.

From a cursory glance – both at your docs and at this thread’s content – Disneytopia overall feels like your idealized version of Walt Disney World, perhaps combined with a little Disneyland. You don’t seem to be designing for a specific location; if you are, let me know. Perhaps this is like an alternate history version of WDW? Magic World, for instance, is like an a Platonic ideal version of a Disneyland-style castle park, mixing and matching the best of Disney’s parks worldwide. You show impressive depth of Disney knowledge. This is a great approach to developing a park, though it can feel a little vanilla. Would you consider adding in more personal touches, or creating a more specific tone for Magic World? I’m thinking of how Disneyland Paris distinguishes itself with ornate details and a slightly darker tone, how Hong Kong Disneyland goes slightly lighter, how Shanghai Disneyland focuses on scale. Is there something about Magic World to distinguish itself from Magic Kingdom tonally, which would show your distinctive voice? The layout and attraction roster are distinct from other castle parks (while following the familiar template), so that's a start. If you decide to develop Disneytopia for a specific location, that can help your creative decision-making process. You could make more specific, informed choices.

Though your homemade artwork lacks polish, it helps make your ideas much clearer. The park map is especially appreciated. Eventually as this project evolves, you might find a collaborator on this Imagineer forum to help develop a more polished map.

Magic World’s lands are mostly familiar from the other castle parks, with Waterfront Square being unique yet still fitting. It’s not clear yet why you’ve located Tomorrowland on the west side, losing the classic Frontierland “old west land on the west side” balance. Shanghai Disneyland does this because Chinese culture reads right-to-left, so their western Tomorrowland still feels like a conclusion to the park’s rough chronology. This is the sort of decision which is more easily explained if your park has a specific creative intent or cultural context. Without that, relocating Tomorrowland feels like change for the sake of change. Mind you, I’m not trying to be ruthlessly critical, so please don’t read this (or any critique) as an attack. Magic World’s layout could be mirrored very easily to change this, or you could strengthen your thesis statement to justify a western Tomorrowland.

On to Main Street U.S.A., which feels very similar to the classic Magic Kingdom version. This is a fantastic version of Main Street, which you’ve described with evocative attention-to-detail…love that you’ve included the shop window “credits.” The visuals are nice, which is something a presentation can never have too much of. It would be interesting to see some more inspiration drawn from primary sources, such as genuine small-town America. With a little more personal research, you could add to the preexisting Disneyland / Magic Kingdom template. Disney alone shouldn't be the sole source of inspiration. Walt’s original Main Street imagined a nostalgic world which his older guests would have experienced, but now Main Street’s 1900s era is ~120 years old. Does it still hold the same nostalgic draw? Or would you enjoy experimenting a little, like Paris’ proposed (unmade) 1920s Prohibition Era Main Street? A 1950s version? Yet another time or place? Just spitballing new ways you could approach a familiar land.

The Main Street attraction descriptions so far are super solid. I love getting a park preview with the Railroad. You’ve put plenty of thought into what guests will see along the way. Well-conceived, well written. From these beginnings, I am very much looking forward to reading more about this resort. Let me know if you find reviews like this helpful. If so, I’ll try to chime in every 2-3 days and provide you with feedback.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
FEEDBACK

Hello there, @MagicKingdom4Ever, and welcome to the Imagineer forum! I understand you are looking for in-depth constructive criticism of Disneytopia. Hopefully you’ll find my ongoing responses helpful. I’ve been a part of many projects with this community, from team creations to personal solo works (notably DisneySky), plus I've been to all 12 Disney parks worldwide, so you know where I'm coming from. With your blessing, I can offer ongoing Disneytopia commentary/thoughts as you post. Now onward!

This is an impressively ambitious project in scope and intent, spanning a whole new resort with three parks! That’s a lot of material to develop and fine tune. This is clearly a passion project, with hundreds of pages already written. As @spacemt354 suggested earlier, while you may see areas which need improvement, it already feels presentation-worthy.

From a cursory glance – both at your docs and at this thread’s content – Disneytopia overall feels like your idealized version of Walt Disney World, perhaps combined with a little Disneyland. You don’t seem to be designing for a specific location; if you are, let me know. Perhaps this is like an alternate history version of WDW? Magic World, for instance, is like an a Platonic ideal version of a Disneyland-style castle park, mixing and matching the best of Disney’s parks worldwide. You show impressive depth of Disney knowledge. This is a great approach to developing a park, though it can feel a little vanilla. Would you consider adding in more personal touches, or creating a more specific tone for Magic World? I’m thinking of how Disneyland Paris distinguishes itself with ornate details and a slightly darker tone, how Hong Kong Disneyland goes slightly lighter, how Shanghai Disneyland focuses on scale. Is there something about Magic World to distinguish itself from Magic Kingdom tonally, which would show your distinctive voice? The layout and attraction roster are distinct from other castle parks (while following the familiar template), so that's a start. If you decide to develop Disneytopia for a specific location, that can help your creative decision-making process. You could make more specific, informed choices.

Though your homemade artwork lacks polish, it helps make your ideas much clearer. The park map is especially appreciated. Eventually as this project evolves, you might find a collaborator on this Imagineer forum to help develop a more polished map.

Magic World’s lands are mostly familiar from the other castle parks, with Waterfront Square being unique yet still fitting. It’s not clear yet why you’ve located Tomorrowland on the west side, losing the classic Frontierland “old west land on the west side” balance. Shanghai Disneyland does this because Chinese culture reads right-to-left, so their western Tomorrowland still feels like a conclusion to the park’s rough chronology. This is the sort of decision which is more easily explained if your park has a specific creative intent or cultural context. Without that, relocating Tomorrowland feels like change for the sake of change. Mind you, I’m not trying to be ruthlessly critical, so please don’t read this (or any critique) as an attack. Magic World’s layout could be mirrored very easily to change this, or you could strengthen your thesis statement to justify a western Tomorrowland.

On to Main Street U.S.A., which feels very similar to the classic Magic Kingdom version. This is a fantastic version of Main Street, which you’ve described with evocative attention-to-detail…love that you’ve included the shop window “credits.” The visuals are nice, which is something a presentation can never have too much of. It would be interesting to see some more inspiration drawn from primary sources, such as genuine small-town America. With a little more personal research, you could add to the preexisting Disneyland / Magic Kingdom template. Disney alone shouldn't be the sole source of inspiration. Walt’s original Main Street imagined a nostalgic world which his older guests would have experienced, but now Main Street’s 1900s era is ~120 years old. Does it still hold the same nostalgic draw? Or would you enjoy experimenting a little, like Paris’ proposed (unmade) 1920s Prohibition Era Main Street? A 1950s version? Yet another time or place? Just spitballing new ways you could approach a familiar land.

The Main Street attraction descriptions so far are super solid. I love getting a park preview with the Railroad. You’ve put plenty of thought into what guests will see along the way. Well-conceived, well written. From these beginnings, I am very much looking forward to reading more about this resort. Let me know if you find reviews like this helpful. If so, I’ll try to chime in every 2-3 days and provide you with feedback.
Okay, to begin with, I just want to say that I was going for the feel of the "American" parks. I wanted my Main Street to reflect the 1900s feel of the California and Florida parks. Even though the generation that remembers it has died off, that doesn't take away its nostalgic feel. I was going with the original lands because I wanted it to evoke the American parks, something we haven't seen in Magic Kingdom-style parks since Tokyo Disneyland (Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai were all modified based off of their culture.) Also, I have added touches of my own to the other lands. Frontierland focuses more on American History rather than the Old West. Tomorrowland has the Science Fiction feel to it, but has an elaborate backstory that focuses on many people coming together to build an ideal future. The reason why Tomorrowland is on the East side is because during the original draft of Disneytopia, Waterfront Square was Hollywood Square, which contained the Tower of Terror. I wanted each land to have its own corner of the park, and I felt like it would be weird next to Fantasyland, so I put it in its place and moved Tomorrowland to the west. I then boosted Adventureland above it and then relocated Frontierland to the east. I know it has a weird position on the east side, but I didn't know that then. I also tried to tie it in with Waterfront Square and the American theme, so I added the Rivers of America. Waterfront Square actually has changed a little from its first draft. It was originally themed to WWII-era America, but I changed it to the Gilded Age because I thought it both worked better with Frontierland and would be an interesting twist, because I feel like a lot of people don't know about this era.

And I was hoping to polish that map. I was hoping that someone like Imagineerland, who drew the astonishing map for Sydney Disneyland, would remake the map digitally.

Also, do remember that this is not my final draft of the park. I'm still working on it. This is just a blue sky version of the park.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
FEEDBACK

From a cursory glance – both at your docs and at this thread’s content – Disneytopia overall feels like your idealized version of Walt Disney World, perhaps combined with a little Disneyland. You don’t seem to be designing for a specific location; if you are, let me know.

If you decide to develop Disneytopia for a specific location, that can help your creative decision-making process. You could make more specific, informed choices.
And for your information, I was thinking about setting this in Texas, somewhere near San Antonio.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
the classic Frontierland “old west land on the west side” balance

This is not the case with Hong Kong. There, the Frontierland of the area (named Grizzly Gulch) is located on the southern side of the park. This is because the park faces east and not south like most Disneyland-style parks do.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It is now time for us to see what other attractions Main Street has to offer.

4 - Magic World Wizards: A Magical Disney Adventure

B-Ticket
Any Height​
NoeEEsy0V0PHburgPVufcvlxCcsaO-qsPNCNCqDsx7oh007ug_f0JnPpZn6su-djeGUvIaRUzJ-exyM9lVvZTiKmdXmPv6Qa34GSAjl1iOyRwuDN8zpQbp8sE0UoSggn9NivNAgCuPvTQgdo

BACKSTORY​
There is more than what appears on the screen when it comes to Disney. Although each world seems separate and unique in their own way, they are all connected by sorcerers, led by the great wizard Yen Sid, the sorcerer Mickey is apprenticed to. For generations, the sorcerers have made sure that the heroes always win and when the villains are defeated, although some of them are seemingly killed or are punished for their actions, they are sent to this dark realm between worlds known as the Shadowland. Over time, Yen Sid put together an order of sorcerers known as the Magic Guild, which includes the Fairy Godmother, the Blue Fairy, Grandmother Willow, Pabble, Mama Odie, Rafiki, and Merlin.

However, the Guild can’t stand alone this time. An army of Disney Villains led by the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs have escaped the Shadowland and plan to take over Magic World to make it their own paradise. From there, they plan to overthrow the Guild and make sure the heroes never defeat them again. Fearing that the Guild alone may be unable to defeat this new threat, he’s decided to unite the heroes and bring in new sorcerers, which is where the guests come in. With all of these sorcerers, the Guild may be able to defeat the villains and stop the Queen from fulfilling her dastardly plan.​
EXPERIENCE​
Next to City Hall is a Firehouse, which is seemingly empty. There is no firetruck, no firemen, and nothing else around it. Those who may be wanting to curiously see it can go in and take a look around.

When you get in there, you enter a room full of magical artifacts, including crystal balls, sorcerer’s hats, and even the Genie’s lamp on a shelf. In a magic mirror, Yen Sid constantly appears and gives you the backstory. Afterwards, he instructs you how to use these wands. You have to hold them and flick them a certain way. In magic spots, metal circles on the ground next to interactive areas, you will find lines that will show you how to wave your wand. To practice this, there is a magic spot in the building, where you flick your wand at a collection of portraits of Magic Guild members. When you flick your wand there, the portraits come to life and congratulate you.

You do have to buy these wands to begin your journey. Luckily, in the firehouse is a Magic Guild member (a Disney cast member) who sells wands. They are all made differently, making each one unique in looks. You can buy one for $10.00. With the wands come a map of all of the magic spots, which are scattered throughout Main Street, U.S.A., Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Frontierland. As well as showing where normal Magic Spots are, it also shows where the villains are hiding.​

• Cruella DeVil and Maleficent are found in Main Street.
  • Jafar, Clayton, and Scar are found in Adventureland.
  • Ratcliffe and Dr. Facilier are found in Frontierland.
  • Captain Hook, Ursula, Queen of Hearts, Mother Gothel, and Gaston are found in Fantasyland.

After defeating all of the villains, you will go into the Enchanted Fairytale Castle and duel with the Evil Queen herself. When the royal is finally defeated, Yen Sid will appear in the mirror and congratulate you. With this, he gives you the title of “Master Sorcerer,” and with this, you may set off and go on separate adventures. You can go back and rematch with villains (with the exception of the Queen) and explore other magical touches around the park.​

5 - Walt Disney Cinema

B-Ticket
Any Height​
Come inside an old Victorian-era theater and watch a collection of old Mickey Mouse shorts, including Steamboat Willie, Mickey’s Polo Team, Plane Crazy, The Moose Hunt, The Dognapper, and Traffic Troubles.

And that is all for the Main Street attractions. Tomorrow, we will look at the shops and restaurants of Main Street.​

Last edited:

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It is now time for us to see what other attractions Main Street has to offer.

4 - Magic World Wizards: A Magical Disney Adventure

B-Ticket
Any Height​
NoeEEsy0V0PHburgPVufcvlxCcsaO-qsPNCNCqDsx7oh007ug_f0JnPpZn6su-djeGUvIaRUzJ-exyM9lVvZTiKmdXmPv6Qa34GSAjl1iOyRwuDN8zpQbp8sE0UoSggn9NivNAgCuPvTQgdo

BACKSTORY​
There is more than what appears on the screen when it comes to Disney. Although each world seems separate and unique in their own way, they are all connected by sorcerers, led by the great wizard Yen Sid, the sorcerer Mickey is apprenticed to. For generations, the sorcerers have made sure that the heroes always win and when the villains are defeated, although some of them are seemingly killed or are punished for their actions, they are sent to this dark realm between worlds known as the Shadowland. Over time, Yen Sid put together an order of sorcerers known as the Magic Guild, which includes the Fairy Godmother, the Blue Fairy, Grandmother Willow, Pabble, Mama Odie, Rafiki, and Merlin.

However, the Guild can’t stand alone this time. An army of Disney Villains led by the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs have escaped the Shadowland and plan to take over Magic World to make it their own paradise. From there, they plan to overthrow the Guild and make sure the heroes never defeat them again. Fearing that the Guild alone may be unable to defeat this new threat, he’s decided to unite the heroes and bring in new sorcerers, which is where the guests come in. With all of these sorcerers, the Guild may be able to defeat the villains and stop the Queen from fulfilling her dastardly plan.​
EXPERIENCE​
Next to City Hall is a Firehouse, which is seemingly empty. There is no firetruck, no firemen, and nothing else around it. Those who may be wanting to curiously see it can go in and take a look around.

When you get in there, you enter a room full of magical artifacts, including crystal balls, sorcerer’s hats, and even the Genie’s lamp on a shelf. In a magic mirror, Yen Sid constantly appears and gives you the backstory. Afterwards, he instructs you how to use these wands. You have to hold them and flick them a certain way. In magic spots, metal circles on the ground next to interactive areas, you will find lines that will show you how to wave your wand. To practice this, there is a magic spot in the building, where you flick your wand at a collection of portraits of Magic Guild members. When you flick your wand there, the portraits come to life and congratulate you.

You do have to buy these wands to begin your journey. Luckily, in the firehouse is a Magic Guild member (a Disney cast member) who sells wands. They are all made differently, making each one unique in looks. You can buy one for $10.00. With the wands come a map of all of the magic spots, which are scattered throughout Main Street, U.S.A., Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Frontierland. As well as showing where normal Magic Spots are, it also shows where the villains are hiding.​

• Cruella DeVil and Maleficent are found in Main Street.
  • Jafar, Clayton, and Scar are found in Adventureland.
  • Ratcliffe and Dr. Facilier are found in Frontierland.
  • Captain Hook, Ursula, Queen of Hearts, Mother Gothel, and Gaston are found in Fantasyland.

After defeating all of the villains, you will go into the Enchanted Fairytale Castle and duel with the Evil Queen herself. When the royal is finally defeated, Yen Sid will appear in the mirror and congratulate you. With this, he gives you the title of “Master Sorcerer,” and with this, you may set off and go on separate adventures. You can go back and rematch with villains (with the exception of the Queen) and explore other magical touches around the park.​

5 - Walt Disney Cinema

B-Ticket
Any Height​
Come inside an old Victorian-era theater and watch a collection of old Mickey Mouse shorts, including Steamboat Willie, Mickey’s Polo Team, Plane Crazy, The Moose Hunt, The Dognapper, and Traffic Troubles.

And that is all for the Main Street attractions. Tomorrow, we will look at the shops and restaurants of Main Street.​
Interesting fact about Magic World Wizards. I originally had Chernabog as the big bad guy instead of the Evil Queen, but I changed it to her at the last minute because I felt like it.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Now that we have the Main Street attractions done, we shall now look at the dining and shopping on Main Street, U.S.A.

DINING

A - Walt’s American Restaurant

Inspired by the Disneyland Paris restaurant of the same name (except with American cuisine), this sit-down restaurant on Main Street celebrates the life and influence of Walter Elias Disney. In six themed rooms, you can journey around the park and through the times of the grand creator of the first Disneyland park in California. This is complete with concept art, drawings, and artifacts linked to Disney. (Reservations are required.)​

Rooms:
  • Fantasyland: In this library-like room, feel like you're in a fairytale with concept drawings of Disney animated classics such as Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins as well as inspiration for “It’s a Small World.”​
  • Tomorrowland: Celebrate the wonders of the future in this space-themed room, complete with scientific attractions for the original Tomorrowland and Walt Disney’s plans and drawings of EPCOT.​
  • Adventureland: In this 1930s-inspired room, see a bunch of concept art for the Jungle Cruise and the Enchanted Tiki Room as well as photos from Disney’s True-Life Adventures documentary series.​
  • Frontierland: In this Wild West-themed room, see concept art for the Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland (a predecessor to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) as well as concept art for New Orleans Square, including Pirates of the Caribbean.​
  • Waterfront Square: In this Victorian room, trace back Walt Disney’s German, Irish, and British heritage and see early artwork for what would become the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park.​
  • Walt Disney: In a recreation of a 1920s cartoon studio, see pictures and artifacts from the life of Walt Disney, from his early days as a cartoonist to his involvement at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair.​

Sample Menu​
Starters:
Cesar Salad……………………………………………...……………………………………...5.99
Tomato Salad…………………………………………………………………………………..5.99
Chicken Salad……………………………………………………………………………...…..5.99
Chicken Noodle Soup………………………………………………………………………….5.99
Broccoli Soup………………………...………………………………………………………..5.99
Sides:
Steak Fries……………………………………………………………………………………...8.25
Mashed Potatoes…………………………………………………………………………….....7.25
Tater Tots…………………………………………………………………………………....….8.00
Onion Rings…………………………………………………………………………………....8.00
Courses:
Cheeseburger……………………………………………………………………………….....10.15
Bacon Cheeseburger………………………………………………………………………….10.25
Fried Steak………………………………………………………………………….………….9.99
Fried Chicken…………………………………………………………………………....……..9.99
Country-Fried Steak…………………………………………………………………………..10.35
Chicken Sandwich………………………………………………………………………..…..10.00
BBQ Ribs……………………………………………………………………………………..10.15
BBQ Chicken………………………………………………………………………………....10.25
Pulled Pork…………………………………………………………………………………....10.00
Kids Meals:
Tiny Cheeseburger……………………………….…………………………………………….5.25
Chicken Nuggets…………………………………...…………………………………………...515
Chicken Tenders……………………………………....………………………………………..5.35
Hot Dogs…………………………………………………..…………………………………...5.55
Desserts:
Ice Cream Sundae (Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry)..............................................................9.55
Banana Split…………………………………………………………………………..………..9.45
Mickey Ice Cream Bar………………………………………………………………………....9.00
Chocolate Cake…………………………………………………………………………....…...9.25
Chocolate or Vanilla Pudding………………………………………………………………….9.25
Drinks: (all 0.15)
Water
Sprite
Coca-Cola
Dr. Pepper
Diet Coke
Diet Dr. Pepper
Sprite Zero
Fanta
Banq’s Root Beer
Vegetarian:
Lettuce Wraps……………………………………………………………………....………….5.35
Vegetable Sandwiches……………………………………………………………………….....5.25

B - Tony’s Deli

This casual New York-style restaurant on Main Street offers a selection of soups and sandwiches for you to eat.

C - 1900 Park Fare

Based off of the Magic Kingdom restaurant, this Main Street cafe offers a Midwestern cuisine, including cheese-filled bread balls, chili, and cornbread. This is designed to take inspiration from that area of the U.S. with its design and feel, as well as its references to Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri.

D - Jolly Holiday Ice Cream

It’s a Jolly Holiday here in this old ice cream parlor. Inspired by Walt Disney’s 1964 classic, Mary Poppins, this ice cream shop offers a delicious selection of desserts to leave your mouth watering. The best part is that you can have it made the way you want it.
Sample Menu
Ice cream flavors:
Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry
Mint
Peanut Butter
Swirl
Chocolate Chip
Grasshopper
Banana
Birthday Cake
Orange
Cookies & Creme
Rocky Road
Caramel Cashew
Moose Tracks
Mix-ins:
Oreos
Caramel
Hot Fudge
Bananas
M&M’s
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Snickers
Graham Crackers
Toppings:
Whipped Cream
Cherry

E - Plaza Restaurant

In this outdoors restaurant at the main hub, get a bunch of sandwiches and burgers to satisfy your hunger. Although you get your food inside, you eat entirely outside under the protection of several red umbrellas. Plus, if you want to watch a parade or stage show while you eat, this is the place to do it.​
SHOPPING

F - The Emporium

FFpjQjh3q07kAScHKBa2P9hD7N5KjEExuEAd2QUHxPn4dQ_wSb9wT84VUTyGIpB57PhGty9hXOX_yD2U5UaT562-uMPRdRBD-zrKVWv5UaFZG7jQ67gNljFLmSHngFrsvThobQZ9QfeNg1yQ

In the largest shop in Magic World, look through an assortment of Disney parks merchandise, including pins, apparel, toys, and souvenirs inspired by classic attractions.

G - Main Street Jewelry

This small shop on Main Street sells enchanting jewelry and charms to enhance your look. This includes bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and other charms.

H - Disney Clothiers

In this shop, find all you need for apparel, from hats to shirts to shoes. This also contains the largest selection of Mickey ears in the park.

I - Photo Parlor

Do you need a picture frame or photo souvenir (albums, autograph books, etc.)? Well, this is the place to go if you are looking for that. Here, you will find anything you need, plus, you can take an old-fashioned photo of you and your family.​

J - Goofy’s Candy Co.

Satisfy your sweet tooth in this cheery store full of candy. From gummies to candy bars to Mickey ice cream bars, we’ve got it all. Plus, if you look around the shop, you can see some old cartoon humor inspired by Goofy himself.

K - Dapper Dans’ Haircuts

Do you want a good haircut that gives you what you want? Well, come to this barber shop, named for the famous quartet, the Dapper Dans. Here, you will get a good cut and be immersed in an old-fashioned barber shop, but men and women get it instead of just men. An appointment is required for this shop.

We shall finish our tour of Main Street tomorrow, where we will go over entertainment in the area.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Now that we have the Main Street attractions done, we shall now look at the dining and shopping on Main Street, U.S.A.

DINING

A - Walt’s American Restaurant

Inspired by the Disneyland Paris restaurant of the same name (except with American cuisine), this sit-down restaurant on Main Street celebrates the life and influence of Walter Elias Disney. In six themed rooms, you can journey around the park and through the times of the grand creator of the first Disneyland park in California. This is complete with concept art, drawings, and artifacts linked to Disney. (Reservations are required.)​

Rooms:
  • Fantasyland: In this library-like room, feel like you're in a fairytale with concept drawings of Disney animated classics such as Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins as well as inspiration for “It’s a Small World.”​
  • Tomorrowland: Celebrate the wonders of the future in this space-themed room, complete with scientific attractions for the original Tomorrowland and Walt Disney’s plans and drawings of EPCOT.​
  • Adventureland: In this 1930s-inspired room, see a bunch of concept art for the Jungle Cruise and the Enchanted Tiki Room as well as photos from Disney’s True-Life Adventures documentary series.​
  • Frontierland: In this Wild West-themed room, see concept art for the Mine Train through Nature’s Wonderland (a predecessor to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) as well as concept art for New Orleans Square, including Pirates of the Caribbean.​
  • Waterfront Square: In this Victorian room, trace back Walt Disney’s German, Irish, and British heritage and see early artwork for what would become the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Park.​
  • Walt Disney: In a recreation of a 1920s cartoon studio, see pictures and artifacts from the life of Walt Disney, from his early days as a cartoonist to his involvement at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair.​

Sample Menu​
Starters:
Cesar Salad……………………………………………...……………………………………...5.99
Tomato Salad…………………………………………………………………………………..5.99
Chicken Salad……………………………………………………………………………...…..5.99
Chicken Noodle Soup………………………………………………………………………….5.99
Broccoli Soup………………………...………………………………………………………..5.99
Sides:
Steak Fries……………………………………………………………………………………...8.25
Mashed Potatoes…………………………………………………………………………….....7.25
Tater Tots…………………………………………………………………………………....….8.00
Onion Rings…………………………………………………………………………………....8.00
Courses:
Cheeseburger……………………………………………………………………………….....10.15
Bacon Cheeseburger………………………………………………………………………….10.25
Fried Steak………………………………………………………………………….………….9.99
Fried Chicken…………………………………………………………………………....……..9.99
Country-Fried Steak…………………………………………………………………………..10.35
Chicken Sandwich………………………………………………………………………..…..10.00
BBQ Ribs……………………………………………………………………………………..10.15
BBQ Chicken………………………………………………………………………………....10.25
Pulled Pork…………………………………………………………………………………....10.00
Kids Meals:
Tiny Cheeseburger……………………………….…………………………………………….5.25
Chicken Nuggets…………………………………...…………………………………………...515
Chicken Tenders……………………………………....………………………………………..5.35
Hot Dogs…………………………………………………..…………………………………...5.55
Desserts:
Ice Cream Sundae (Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry)..............................................................9.55
Banana Split…………………………………………………………………………..………..9.45
Mickey Ice Cream Bar………………………………………………………………………....9.00
Chocolate Cake…………………………………………………………………………....…...9.25
Chocolate or Vanilla Pudding………………………………………………………………….9.25
Drinks: (all 0.15)
Water
Sprite
Coca-Cola
Dr. Pepper
Diet Coke
Diet Dr. Pepper
Sprite Zero
Fanta
Banq’s Root Beer
Vegetarian:
Lettuce Wraps……………………………………………………………………....………….5.35
Vegetable Sandwiches……………………………………………………………………….....5.25

B - Tony’s Deli

This casual New York-style restaurant on Main Street offers a selection of soups and sandwiches for you to eat.

C - 1900 Park Fare

Based off of the Magic Kingdom restaurant, this Main Street cafe offers a Midwestern cuisine, including cheese-filled bread balls, chili, and cornbread. This is designed to take inspiration from that area of the U.S. with its design and feel, as well as its references to Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri.

D - Jolly Holiday Ice Cream

It’s a Jolly Holiday here in this old ice cream parlor. Inspired by Walt Disney’s 1964 classic, Mary Poppins, this ice cream shop offers a delicious selection of desserts to leave your mouth watering. The best part is that you can have it made the way you want it.
Sample Menu
Ice cream flavors:
Vanilla
Chocolate
Strawberry
Mint
Peanut Butter
Swirl
Chocolate Chip
Grasshopper
Banana
Birthday Cake
Orange
Cookies & Creme
Rocky Road
Caramel Cashew
Moose Tracks
Mix-ins:
Oreos
Caramel
Hot Fudge
Bananas
M&M’s
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Snickers
Graham Crackers
Toppings:
Whipped Cream
Cherry

E - Plaza Restaurant

In this outdoors restaurant at the main hub, get a bunch of sandwiches and burgers to satisfy your hunger. Although you get your food inside, you eat entirely outside under the protection of several red umbrellas. Plus, if you want to watch a parade or stage show while you eat, this is the place to do it.​
SHOPPING

F - The Emporium

FFpjQjh3q07kAScHKBa2P9hD7N5KjEExuEAd2QUHxPn4dQ_wSb9wT84VUTyGIpB57PhGty9hXOX_yD2U5UaT562-uMPRdRBD-zrKVWv5UaFZG7jQ67gNljFLmSHngFrsvThobQZ9QfeNg1yQ

In the largest shop in Magic World, look through an assortment of Disney parks merchandise, including pins, apparel, toys, and souvenirs inspired by classic attractions.

G - Main Street Jewelry

This small shop on Main Street sells enchanting jewelry and charms to enhance your look. This includes bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and other charms.

H - Disney Clothiers

In this shop, find all you need for apparel, from hats to shirts to shoes. This also contains the largest selection of Mickey ears in the park.

I - Photo Parlor

Do you need a picture frame or photo souvenir (albums, autograph books, etc.)? Well, this is the place to go if you are looking for that. Here, you will find anything you need, plus, you can take an old-fashioned photo of you and your family.​

J - Goofy’s Candy Co.

Satisfy your sweet tooth in this cheery store full of candy. From gummies to candy bars to Mickey ice cream bars, we’ve got it all. Plus, if you look around the shop, you can see some old cartoon humor inspired by Goofy himself.

K - Dapper Dans’ Haircuts

Do you want a good haircut that gives you what you want? Well, come to this barber shop, named for the famous quartet, the Dapper Dans. Here, you will get a good cut and be immersed in an old-fashioned barber shop, but men and women get it instead of just men. An appointment is required for this shop.

We shall finish our tour of Main Street tomorrow, where we will go over entertainment in the area.​
Sorry if the dining options are too cheap. I honestly had no idea that they had to cost more.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
To conclude the Main Street section of Magic World, we shall look at the entertainment of the land.

ENTERTAINMENT

Mickey’s Magical Adventure

In the Town Square Theater, an original 20-minute stage show plays. It is called Mickey’s Magical Adventure. To get to the show, you go through an elegant Opera House foyer, and then, you are loaded into the glamorous theater.

Once the audience is all seated, the balcony on the right will come up and reveal a cylinder screen where Jiminy Cricket is. He greets the guests and welcomes them to the theater, where for the first time ever, the mighty sorcerer Yen Sid and his apprentice will be performing. He then tells them to give a round of applause for Yen Sid as the curtains open and the wizard walks out onto a stage full of magical artifacts including the iconic Sorcerer’s Hat, followed by his apprentice, Mickey Mouse.

Yen Sid demonstrates his magic by putting his hat on and making things happen with the artifacts (“Mighty Magical Me”). After this song, a cast member comes on stage and informs Yen Sid of an incident backstage, causing him to leave the stage to investigate. As he walks out of sight, he tells Mickey to handle the show, which Mickey is reluctant to do because of his disastrous first time with the hat (a reference to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice sequence of Fantasia). Despite this, he puts the hat on and attempts to do some of the things Yen Sid did during his song. He tries to make knight armor dance, but instead, it creates a huge mess (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.”)

Upset how his magic had gone terribly wrong, Mickey wonders if he could ever be a great sorcerer like his master. Just then, Mary Poppins comes flying down from behind the stage. When she lands, she fixes the mess that Mickey made while helping him control the armor and makes it help them (“A Spoonful of Sugar”). When Mickey asks her how he could be a better sorcerer, she summons Jack the Lamplighter, and they tell how he should try to make the best of it (“Trip a little Light Fantastic.”) Mary and Jack leave, and taking her advice, Mickey tries to make a tree grow, but instead, it just sheds its leaves. Mickey frustratedly asks why nature is so hard to understand, making Rafiki show up and show him the power of nature (“The Circle of Life”). With this, Mickey tries to understand that the tree will grow on its own and so he decides to leave it be.

Mickey looks at a book and sees a spell to make it snow. Wondering how to do this, Mickey sees another spell that summons an expert at making it snow. Mickey tries this spell, and Elsa shows up. She demonstrates her powers and helps Mickey do the snowing spell (“Let it Go”). Elsa then leaves, but in her place comes Olaf, who is pleased by the snow. He goes around and sees a bunch of the artifacts, accidentally setting a few off, but he keeps reminding himself that one day, he will understand them (“When I’m Older”). Mickey tells him to stop touching things, but Olaf doesn’t listen and accidentally breaks a crystal ball. Mickey tries to do the Mary Poppin snap to fix it, but he is unable to. Olaf apologizes and sits on a box, and so does Mickey. Mickey forgives him because he felt the same way following his living broomstick incident. They soon open the box and find a Magic Lamp in it.

Mickey rubs the lamp and the Genie shows up. The Genie demonstrates all he can do (“Friend Like Me”) and then asks them for wishes. Mickey wishes that the ball was fixed and Genie instantly repairs it. Then, Mickey wishes to be a better sorcerer. To show him how, Genie summons Mama Odie (who appears on the left balcony in another cylinder screen), Tiana, Naveen, and others and they tell him to look deep inside to know what he is worth (“Dig a Little Deeper”). When Tiana and friends leave, Mickey takes this advice and sees that he has to believe in himself and know he is worth it to be a great sorcerer. Mickey then wishes that he could practice his magic for good, and so Genie sends him to help the Fairy Godmother get Cinderella ready for the ball (“Bippity Boppity Boo”). They soon accompany her to the castle, where Cinderella meets her prince Charming (“So This is Love”), but Mickey also sees Belle and the Beast (“Beauty and the Beast”), Rapunzel and Flynn Rider (“At Last I See the Light”), and Aladdin and Jasmine (“A Whole New World.”) Then, he sees Minnie come down, and they eventually come together to dance. He asks what she is doing there, and she tells him that she came for the show. Olaf then realizes that love is the greatest magic. With feelings of love, Mickey performs a great amount of magic in an incredible climax, leaving the audience to wow (“Mighty Magic Me (Reprise)”).

Following the ball, Mickey and Olaf are returned to the theater. Yen Sid comes back and asks if everything went okay, which Mickey replies with a yes. It is then revealed that Yen Sid had sent Mary Poppins, Rafiki, Elsa, and Olaf as well as hid the Magic Lamp to teach him to believe in himself. Mickey admits that he does, and to prove this, he makes the objects come to life in a magical way. Impressed by this, Yen Sid raises Mickey’s rank, and together, they perform magic, singing about their magic (“Finale”). After this, the cast comes out and bows. Following this, the curtains drop and the guests leave.​

Dapper Dans

From time to time, the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet will sing out in Main Street, U.S.A. They sing old-timey songs in a quartet style.

You can meet Mickey near the Main Street Theater
Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, and Donald are walk-around characters​

And that's all for Main Street, U.S.A. Join us tomorrow as we move clockwise around the park, going to the sci-fi world of Tomorrowland.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It is now time to head to one of the five major lands of the park..........Tomorrowland. I shall introduce the land as well as one of its attractions.

Like Main Street, I drew concept art for the land.
IMG-6586.jpg

As you can see, this is a bit of what the land has to offer. I set it against a sunset and then added a night sky above it, just to give it an otherworldly effect......even though I didn't do it well. Space Mountain is the centerpiece of the land, and on its sides are other attractions. This includes a refreshed Autopia, which is given a more futuristic look similar to the latest renovation of Disneyland's version of the ride. It also features Avengers Station, a sub-area inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This features Avengers Adventures, the park's most ambitious attraction where guests fight alongside the Avengers throughout the universe. It is actually three rides in one and guests have the ability to choose which of the three rides they will go on. (I'm not sure how I will post about it, either all at once or give each ride its own post. It is a Star Tours-style attraction where each ride is randomized, so no matter which ride you go on, there's still a lot that could happen.)

Now, without any more hesitation, we shall blast off into Tomorrowland.
TOMORROWLAND

mxXWUfLi8eax8KRVtSjBWGurriyadeynrQZJthW5jftQgpGBXVYGwXfLBxZncpLIFZsWYBlAb0CMvHv3Ya2nzW2KllbNDydt36AFLyACT68axdHPboKgPK1AAXAr-Ir22G2-f-ShPHL5Ja2L

OVERVIEW AND BACKSTORY:​
Throughout time, people have envisioned the future. While some of their ideas came to pass, some ideas were never fully realized and didn’t become reality. With this, ideas began to slip away without being presented.

Luckily, in the 1970s, this place was made. A collaboration between many scientists, the City of Tomorrow was a place where hopeful ideas for the future could be presented. Throughout the years, people like Howard Stark, John Glenn, and others would come to share their ideas from the future. With the advancement in space travel with the Space Mountain program, people discovered aliens, who came to the City of Tomorrow to share their ideas.

The 21st Century has seen a lot of new innovations come to the City of Tomorrow. Howard Stark’s son, world-renowned inventor Tony Stark, has set up a new place where they could train heroes to help them protect the world, thus adding the Avengers Station. To understand aliens, the Stitch Encounter was launched, giving visitors opportunities to talk with a volunteer alien from Hawaii, Experiment 626 AKA Stitch. Monsters living in closets came out of hiding to show how their transition from collecting screams to collecting laughter has benefited their world. The list of progress goes on and on.

So this may not be a very realistic version of Tomorrowland, but it’s a hopeful one. In this Science Fiction world, people are coming together to benefit their kind, which is what the spirit of Tomorrowland is all about. From monsters using laughter to power their cities and space rangers protecting the galaxy, to the advancements in space travel to learn more about the cosmos as well as Earth’s Mightiest Heroes coming together to make the world a safer place.​
ATTRACTIONS

6 - Astro Orbiter

B-Ticket
Any Height​
WB_NpdsQYsDIeRxdbojtCcyxNs7-mlFQLg866k4I7Of2Cg_7Ow7oiWOo6Ho5kTD8nCO0AeSnH3FGXg6YLYlfTIZFJo4tQhjjEtYyTc5-XJynLrC8Y4J_yhFkG4kU1i7pf4HDnIjD4ATv8FeK

Hop aboard a small rocket and fly it around these orbiting planets. As it spins, you can move a lever to make the rocket go up or down. As you do, you will get a good view of Tomorrowland and the Hub.

Sorry if today's lack of things is disappointing. I promise we will see more tomorrow with the "Pixar Pair" of Tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear's Star Rescue and Monsters, Inc. Ride-and-go-Seek.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
After yesterday's lack of attractions, we shall finally see more attractions of Tomorrowland. We are presented with the "Pixar Pair" of the area, Buzz Lightyear's Star Rescue and Monsters, Inc. Ride-and-go-Seek.

7 - Buzz Lightyear’s Star Rescue

D-Ticket
Any Height​
0STMwMnKPuAxD4UoFq2U_6Ha5fdXnuvP2A5FhzC48W5ntsNvv54V_7qc5Rg-SA_C-rn4qwpDb2Gqsl5KxJelKMFfU5EcWsIH4nd6fAohFTbXpgSSBCByrBwFdnbNkkllNNkdW9seah4okd22

BACKSTORY​
In another galaxy under the protection of Star Command, batteries have been the main source of power. However, in more recent times, sunlight has been discovered to be highly beneficial as well, giving more energy than batteries and being more healthy for the environment. To demonstrate how power is efficient in that galaxy, aliens from the Gamma Quadrant have come to earth to show off their solar power and how they are partnering with Star Command to create better, solar-charged weapons.

However, things are about to be put in jeopardy. The Evil Emperor Zurg wants all of the solar power of the Gamma Quadrant to himself, which he would use to power his robots and conquer the system. If things weren’t bad enough, rumors have spread that Zurg is also constructing a superweapon. How will he get all of the solar power to himself? He’s going to drain the power from the Gamma Quadrant’s sun, sucking it all until there is no more light left in the star.

In response to this, Star Command has sent Buzz Lightyear to earth to recruit new space rangers. Using the new solar-powered weaponry developed by Star Command, Buzz hopes that together, they will be able to stop Zurg and save the Gamma Quadrant.

(Fun Fact, this attraction is actually solar-powered, as is its next-door neighbor, Monsters, Inc. Ride-and-go-Seek.)​
QUEUE​
As guests walk through Tomorrowland past the Astro Orbiter, they will come to one of two expo buildings. This expo building is on the right, displayed by a sign of the Pizza Planet aliens with blasters. Guests would go around through the outside before going into the building.

Inside the building is an exhibition hall telling of the Gamma Quadrant’s evolution from using batteries to using solar power. This includes signs you can read that tell how solar power can save power and use natural resources for everyday use. At the left end of the exhibition hall is a pair of two-seater solar-powered spaceships which look like silver orbs. These are armed with blasters, which take their power from sunlight. A cast member comes out and explains that this is a new thing that the aliens have been working with Star Command on and that it will be used in battle. While explaining its properties, the cast member is cut off by another cast member who supposedly works for Star Command, who requests that guests come into the next room.​

PRE-SHOW​
Unlike most Buzz Lightyear attractions, this one has a pre-show. The second cast member will lead you into a small room with a platform, on the wall above that platform is a screen. Next to it is an Audio-Animatronic Buzz Lightyear, who greets the guests as they enter. When the room is full, the cast member closes the door and Buzz speaks.

Buzz: “Hello there, visitors. I am Buzz Lightyear. I work as a Space Ranger for Star Command. You may be wondering why I pulled you out from that exhibition. You see, we have a situation.”

The screen shows a picture of Emperor Zurg as Buzz explains the problem.

Buzz: “The Evil Emperor Zurg is at it again. For a long time, he was stealing batteries from us, but now, he’s turned to a bigger source for his evil machines.”

The screen shows a picture of the Gamma Quadrant’s sun. Soon, a ray gun is seen sucking power out of the sun.

Buzz: “This time, he’s stealing energy from the Gamma Quadrant’s sun. Using a new machine, he is draining the energy from the sun. What he’s using it for, we don’t know. What we do know is that if he fully drains the sun, the aliens won’t be able to use their solar power-based machines. What we need to do is stop him before he obtains all of the sun’s power.”

The screen shows the previously-seen spaceships from the exhibition hall.

Buzz: “What you will be doing is boarding one of our spaceships we’ve worked on with the aliens. With this, you will be able to travel to the Gamma Quadrant and track down Zurg. Don’t expect this to be easy. Zurg will probably be having his robotic minions defending his base.”

It shows a picture of a blaster on the spaceship.

Buzz: “Luckily, you can attack them. Your spaceship is armed with a blaster that has sun power. With this, you will be able to fight back.”

The screen shows a picture of one of Zurg’s robots with a “Z” on its chest.

Buzz: “Aim for anywhere marked with a letter ‘Z.’ That is their weak spot.”

The screen shows the Star Command logo.

Buzz: “Now I don’t want to pressure you guys, but the aliens are counting on you. We’ve got no time to lose. Let’s go now. Oh, and I believe in you, space rangers.”

After Buzz has finished talking, the cast members will open the doors and the guests will enter into a loading deck, full of futuristic-looking gadgets. From there, they will board an omnimover line with the spaceships. They will walk on a conveyor belt and enter their ships. Once they are on, the lap bars will come up, and with them, the blasters.​

RIDE EXPERIENCE​
The ships leave the station through a tunnel of light. From there, they are teleported to the Gamma Quadrant. They emerge in the middle of space. This has realistic-looking space compared to its other cartoon-like environments. When they approach the sun, currently being drained by a small planet, the blasters turn on. Guests will shoot the Z's soon, and as they do, they will gain points. Their score will appear on a screen near their blasters. Unlike the other versions of the attraction where you have to have good aim to shoot, this helps you know where you are aiming with lights coming from the blasters. This makes it easier to shoot.

The ride turns a corner and goes through a small asteroid, heading into the next room. In there, guests encounter the first wave of Zurg’s robots. These robots are less cartoonish and more real-looking than the ones in other variants of this ride. Guests will find them on both the left and right, but they can turn their vehicle with a lever between the blasters. Guests will also come across some small, drone-like robots attacking an alien ship, but they can shoo them away with their blasters.

The ride then enters a tunnel of light, where it heads down to the planet's surface. When it exits the tunnel, it goes across the rocky terrain of the planet, which mirrors the planet seen in the opening of Toy Story 2. Some robots appear behind rocks, while others are in plain sight. Guests shoot them and go through a tunnel into the next room. In the tunnel, they will encounter these crab-like robots on the walls, which they can blast.

When guests exit the tunnel, they will come across the robots from Toy Story 2’s video game. In the same scene, Buzz Lightyear is targeting a crystal, causing some robots in the background to explode, mirroring the scene from the movie. This is all on a screen, but the robots guests can shoot are animatronics. They will also see camera robots that they can shoot.

From there, they will go into the Z-shaped entrance to Zurg’s lair. They will go through the white tunnel, battling many robots as you do. They will also see a spiky wall that would be moving towards them if some helpful robots with the Star Command logo weren’t pushing it back. The ride takes a left and enters the next room.

In the next room, the ships arrive in Zurg’s chamber. The Evil Emperor has his back turned towards them while he fires his balls at Buzz Lightyear, who dodges them all. He occasionally turns around and looks at the guests, but his attention is turned back to Buzz when he has a disc thrown at him. Both Buzz and the discs are on a screen while Zurg is an animatronic. Guests can attack Zurg from behind, or attack his robots in his room, defending their master.

They will soon exit the room and enter a control room. Here, the aliens are seen turning off Zurg’s sun-draining weapon. They tell the guests to use an escape route and head out to space. However, they also warn them that Zurg’s secret weapon has been fully charged and is ready to attack.

The ships exit through a tunnel and then a chamber where Zurg is aboard a giant robot with guns for hands. Noises of jets running and the hatch door revealing stars above indicate that the machine is about to take off. The ships then go through an escape tunnel and head out into outer space, which is another tunnel made up of screens. Zurg can be seen flying around in his machine as they enter an asteroid field.

In the next room, Buzz Lightyear is battling Zurg. He delivers a blast to the robot's core while guests attack the rest of the robot. They can’t attack Zurg as he is in a cockpit, but he is shouting angrily about how he can’t be defeated. However, his robot sparks and lights on the shoulders flicker as it is attacked, proving Zurg’s statement is wrong.

After this climactic showdown, guests head through another vortex back to the Tomorrowland expo center. Here, the aliens are standing around, celebrating the guests’ success. Buzz Lightyear congratulates the guests as they go by. In the meantime, Zurg is in a glass box resembling a futuristic package for a toy, claiming that he will be back. From there, guests return to the loading station, the lap bars raise, and they exit their spaceships onto a conveyor belt.​

POST-RIDE​
Guests walk down a hallway to their right and into a room where their pictures, taken at the beginning of the ride, and their scores are shown. The scores have ranks on them with the point being listed below:​

• Level 1 Star Cadet: 0 – 1,000
  • Level 2 Space Scout: 1,001 – 10,000
  • Level 3 Ranger 1st Class: 10,001 – 100,000
  • Level 4 Planetary Pilot: 100,001 – 300,000
  • Level 5 Space Ace: 300,001 – 600,000
  • Level 6 Cosmic Commando: 600,001 – 999,998
  • Level 7 Galactic Hero: 999,999+

Guests soon ride a moving sidewalk down under the walkway of Tomorrowland and into a gift shop. In there, they will find the Star Command store, which sells Toy Story merchandise, but also Monsters, Inc. as well since that attraction also takes guests into this gift shop.​

8 - Monsters, Inc. Ride-and-go-Seek

D-Ticket
Any Height
BACKSTORY​
During the events of Monsters, Inc. a child walked into the monster world. This ended up leading to a panic outbreak in Monstropolis, already dealing with a power shortage from low screams, and other things. A scarer named Sulley P. Sullivan and his partner Mike Wozowski had to keep this child, whom they named Boo, safe until they could return her to her world. During this, they learned that laughter was more powerful than screams. However, another scarer named Randall Boggs was planning to replace scarers with a scream extractor, but soon he was banished by Mike and Sulley. Monsters, Inc. CEO Mr. Waternoose was deposed for allowing this to happen and refusing to return Boo to her world. Shortly after, Boo was returned to the human world.

However, Mike and Sulley eventually gained control over the company, but instead of having scarers collect screams, they have jokesters collect laughter. This helped benefit Monstropolis even better than screams ever did, thus ending the power shortage.

One night, a City of Tomorrow executive caught Mike doing comedy and, although originally startled to see a real-life monster, realized that he was not there for bad purposes. Mike showed this person the benefit that laughter had, and the executive wanted to have this showcased in an expo center. Mike agreed to this, and so a deal was made. However, instead of having monsters come to the human world, Mike decided that it would be better if the humans came to the monster world. Sulley took an interest in this, wondering if that meant that he’d be able to see Boo again. Monsters, Inc. agreed to this and thus set up their exhibition in the human world.

While researching humans, Mike discovered something called “flashlight tag.” Interested by this idea, Mike decided to have one big game of flashlight tag around Monstropolis. With permission from the city council, the event was set up. Luckily for the guests, they’ve been invited to engage in this activity.​

QUEUE​
As guests walk through Tomorrowland past the Astro Orbiter, they will come to one of two expo buildings. The one on the left is marked with a sign with Mike, Sulley, and Boo’s shadows in flashlights. Guests will go around outside before entering the building.

Inside the expo center are advertisements for the CDA (no longer the Child Detection Agency and now the Comedy Detection Agency), advertisements for Monsters, Inc., and billboards telling of how laughter was discovered to be a source of power. There is also an advertisement for the Magic Kingdom’s Laugh Floor, which is seen next to a display of laugh canisters.

Very soon, guests will walk through a door station and enter the lobby of Monsters, Inc., which appears how it did in the film. There is a map of the human world on the ceiling as well as Celia’s receptionist desk. From there, guests go down a hallway, where the jokesters of the month are seen on the right (it is an exact replica of the Laugh Floor billboard.) Down the hallway are screens on the walls that tell about why guests have been brought to the monster world as well as how laughter replaced screams as Monstropolis’s main power source. Guests soon exit the hallway and head into the loading area. Here, guests board groups of three two-person vehicles with flashlights.​

RIDE EXPERIENCE​
When the guests are seated, the ride vehicles leave the area along a track, the same kind of track as the Tokyo Disneyland version of the attraction, and head into a room. There, Sully is in front of Boo’s door with Boo, whom he has invited to join in the game. However, Boo is more interested in exploring and runs off while Sulley isn’t looking, even when he is telling her not to run off. He realizes this and is worried, immediately going off to look for her. This is all on a screen. On another screen on the other end of the room, which the vehicles turn around to see, Randall appears with a butterfly net, saying how he will find Boo and extract her scream.

The ride vehicles leave that room and enter another room, where it is revealed that it is nighttime in Monstropolis. An animatronic Mike Wozowski announces that he will turn the lights off for the game. He pulls a switch down and the lights go out, but the flashlights on the vehicles come on. With these flashlights, guests are able to interact with objects around the ride and make things happen.

The vehicles go down a hallway, where the guests can interact with objects using their flashlights. This makes some hiding monsters come out of hiding. This also makes things happen like canisters to laugh, printers to print, and phones to ring.

The ride then goes into the men’s locker room, where Sulley is looking for Boo with a flashlight. Boo can be heard in a bathroom stall. In the meantime, guests can shine lights on lockers and stalls to reveal monsters behind them, including George (the monster with the sock who was shaved, but since then has grown his hair back). As they exit the room, Randall appears and disappears.

The ride goes out into the Laugh Floor, where there is some trouble going on. Mike Wozowski is holding onto a moving door, and Smitty and Needleman are trying to help him. Guests can open some doors with flashlights as well as reveal a door where Sam and Ella from Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor at the Magic Kingdom are hiding. Marty Wozoswki from the same attraction greets you, telling jokes that are randomly selected from a list of them. Meanwhile, Sulley is wearing a hard hat and still looking for Boo, who is hiding behind him in a hard hat as well as a monster guests can reveal with a flashlight. In the meantime, Randall is hiding behind a door.

Guests then leave the factory and go out into the city. Here, they can make monsters appear from inside buildings and cars as they pass by. Also, Randall can be found on an alleyway about to catch Boo with his butterfly net. But Sulley comes out from a manhole and causes Randall to turn invisible to avoid being seen. Guests continue onward and make pay phones ring and pay parking meters expire.

Soon, the ride vehicles go into Harryhausen’s Sushi Restaurant, where Boo is found inside a take-out box while Harryhausen spins some boxes around. Mike Wozowski and Celia are seen by a dunking bin, which Mike falls into once the switch is activated by the lights. Guests move to a table, where some monsters are eating. Guests go through the kitchen of the restaurant, making toaster ovens beep, timers go off, and chefs appear with the flashlight.

Soon, guests go back to the factory, but first, they pass through a door station where they see the “Adorable” Snowman. He offers some snow cones to them (although they cannot take them) and the vehicles go through another door station back into the factory.

Back in the factory, the guests go through the garbage room. Randall has finally cornered Boo, and Sulley has seen it. However, Sulley orders that some light is shined on Randall. The guests do this and Randall falls into a trap door. They soon go down a hallway to see Sully and Boo watching a window (a screen), which shows Randall in the garbage compactor. Boo laughs as Randall goes through pain in the compactor. Eventually, a garbage cube with Randall’s head coming out of it comes out of the compactor, with Randall being heard groaning in pain as he is moved down a conveyor belt.

In the next room, guests see Sulley and Boo push Randall into a new door that sends him to the middle of the desert. Once he is inside, they close it. In the meantime, Mike turns the lights back on. The flashlights turn off and the guests go into another room. Mike and Sulley are outside of Boo’s door, returning her safe and sound to her world. Mike and Sully thank the humans for joining them and hope that they come back.

Before exiting their vehicle, the guests go through the filing room, where an animatronic Roz is. Like in DCA’s Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, Roz interacts with the guests. During Christmas time, she is also seen wearing a Santa hat. After this, guests are sent back to the loading area and disembark their vehicles.​

POST-RIDE​
Guests hop on a conveyor belt that takes them under the Tomorrowland walkway and to the Star Command gift shop.

Join us tomorrow as we see more attractions in Tomorrowland, including Space Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom