DisneySea @ WDW

Pixardust

Original Poster
I've heard of several opinions of what will be the next Disney park at WDW. It seems the most popular, and logical, would be DisneySea. However, I have also heard things about a sports themed park (which to me would be completely disappointing!!). I think a DisneySea in Orlando would be great. Then they could shut down Living Seas at Epcot, and intergrate some sort of hands on exhibit that would replace it at the new park.

The Living Seas is getting old btw. It looks dated and run down. The ride is no longer working either. It should be replaced with something like the Ripley's Aquriums were part of it is a hands on experience where you can touch string rays and other aquatic life. And then maybe a big indoor tank with killer whales and stuff (ala Shead's aqurium, Chicago). Just some ideas.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Money for a 5th park is going to be used to improve the existing 4. Project Gemini is one phase the the refurbishment.

Pixardust

Original Poster
What is project Gemini, not familar with this... And in my opinion money could have been better used at building a more interesting park than DAK.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Project Gemini is a plan to refurbish Epcot. Do a search of this forum for Project Gemini. You will find everything you will want to know.

It would be great to see DisneySeas in WDW.

I agree with PIXARDUST about DAK, but i think that a new park is not a good idea for Disney. I think that the already existing parks need some help. the is open space in some of the parks that should be filed. I think and most people might agree that EPCOT needs the most help. It is getting a major attraction added but it needs more than one thing to change everything. It needs a combintion of things. i really hope they can pull epcot up to a great park

jmarc63

Originally posted by Pixardust
What is project Gemini, not familar with this... And in my opinion money could have been better used at building a more interesting park than DAK.

Pixardust

since your new here I'll refer you to the following for more information on project gemini

go to the following links for

http://www.wdwmagic.com/project_gemini.htm
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16941&highlight=project+gemini
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15118&highlight=project+gemini
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14946&highlight=project+gemini

Pixardust

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mickeyman819
I agree with PIXARDUST about DAK, but i think that a new park is not a good idea for Disney. I think that the already existing parks need some help. the is open space in some of the parks that should be filed. I think and most people might agree that EPCOT needs the most help. It is getting a major attraction added but it needs more than one thing to change everything. It needs a combintion of things. i really hope they can pull epcot up to a great park

I do agree with you both that the other parks, especially Epcot and DAK need attention first. There is a lot of work to be done to develop these parks out. Epcot needs 2-3 new countries in World Showcase, although they do a good job at keeping the existing countries up. Future World on the other hand in wayning. There are a few new rides (Test Track & upcoming MTS) but the others are far outdated.

Epcot: HISTA should be replaced. As well as the Entire exterior of the Imagination Pavilian should be modernized. The Land is fine, as Living with the Land is a classic ride. The Pavilian also could use modernization thoughout. Living Seas.. hehe. It was nice when I was a kid (visit '86), but just sad to see it now. This attraction should be entirely scraped, only keep with the Aquatic theme. The other side of FW seems to be ok, as it has been getting attention with new attractions. The ride inside Space Ship Earth also needs to be renewed.
Lastly, I miss the large Disney Gallery at Epcot, which is now just another huge shop. The Disney Gallery doesn't have as much cool stuff as it used to anyhow.

DAK: Nice park but with little to see that you wouldn't see at a zoo. Just 3-4 REAL E-ticket rides. Lots of walking! Conservation station should have something more exciting to see, nothing to justify the 20 minute walk back there from the train station.

More to come!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Pixardust
BTW - Now that Paul Pressler has come to work for my company, who is running Theme Parks division?

Jay Rasulo, formerly of Disneyland Paris

Testtrack321

Ok, Pixardust, your starting to scare me. First, DAK is a good park that was slashed beyone recognition (that's opinion, now facts.) A 5th park rumor has been circulating since April 8th 1998. Are there ideas? Yes. But just like when they built MGM, all the new ideas were so far off and so economicaly feasable that it would take years to get back to normal. Third, the necessary income to build TDS at WDW would be mind boggaling. It would cost more due to the poor soil quailty at WDW and the fact they couldn't get water from the bay TDS is near. Fourth, I don't like it when people come in here saying that they know Disney's next step when many sources say "No new park. Look for improvements."

jcrb

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Ok, Pixardust, your starting to scare me. First, DAK is a good park that was slashed beyone recognition (that's opinion, now facts.) A 5th park rumor has been circulating since April 8th 1998. Are there ideas? Yes. But just like when they built MGM, all the new ideas were so far off and so economicaly feasable that it would take years to get back to normal. Third, the necessary income to build TDS at WDW would be mind boggaling. It would cost more due to the poor soil quailty at WDW and the fact they couldn't get water from the bay TDS is near. Fourth, I don't like it when people come in here saying that they know Disney's next step when many sources say "No new park. Look for improvements."

dude relax - he a newby - give him some slack

Scooter

First let me say this. I wish you people would stop abbreviating everything. I had to get out my Birnbaum book just to figure out that HISTA means Honey I Shrunk The Audience! It really doesn't take that much extra time to type out the words. :hammer:

OK...now that I got THAT out of the way.

I don't know why everyone dislikes The Living Seas so much. I have been there 10 times and I can STILL spend hours in there everytime I go. Just the size of that Giant TANK amazes me. There are movies to see and hands on exibits and computers to play with. I don't know where all YOU people live, but In the Chicago suburbs we don't get to see Manatees very often. The Living Seas is STILL one of my favorite pavillions. They could throw a few more sharks in the tank, but other than that, I'd leave it just the way it is.:)

As far as Animal Kingdom goes...It's becoming one of my favorite parks. It all seems so real to me..the music in the African village, the safari ride...the Tiger exhibit in Asia. There is sooo much to see and I Love to walk those trails. Lots of good eating places too. ( I Love the fried chicken at The Tuskerhouse :slurp: )
I have to say though...my feet are really tired when I leave THIS park.:cry:

Pixardust

Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321

Oh Testtrack321, lets not go crazy ok. I'm going to address all your belly aching right now.

1) I don't think DAK is a fine park, and an extremely innovative idea. However, it is 4th on ranking of WDW parks. One, it doesn't say 'Disney' to me all that much. At second I don't think that the layout is that great. To humor me also, please tell us what you mean by slashed beyond recognition..??

2) I know that rumors regarding the a 5th park have been circulating since DAK opened in 1998.

3) Disney Theme Park division is one, if not, the most profitable division Disney has. If it weren't, the magnitude of it's development would not have ever reached the levels it has today. Lets face it, unlike Walt who said DL was built for the enjoyment of his and other children, WD theme parks today are no longer developed out of his kind intentions. They are built to bring in money.

4) My point from above is that Disney has money, whether they've had a few bad years or not. People may be mistaken to assume that the international parks are draining their budget. Those parks get lots, if not a majority, of fund from other sources. AKA Chinese Government picked up all but $100 M of the bill for HK DL, and TDK is as advanced as it is b/c TLD picks up a lot of the bill.. and it is ran separately, as will HK DL, from the rest of the Walt Disney Co.

5) Water?? Ha... where do you think the other giant lakes around WDW came from. The place is saturated!

6) I was not attempting to state a fact. (I don't like it when people come in here saying that they know Disney's next step when many sources say "No new park. Look for improvements.") I don't care if you don't like it either. This board is for people to sound out all ideas surrounding Disney, and I'm not going to sit around and bottle up something just b/c I don't have a document from WD Co. that says it's true.

7) Thanks for the defense to the above post, seeing as I am new TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD. However, I take offense to anyone who suggests that I am a newbie to Disney. I've been studying the Disney Parks through books and internet for years. Thanks!

Testtrack321

Ok, I'm sorry, but the fact still remains that IMHO the water table and soil quality will ruin the park plans, causing all those cool features (like the real mountain) to be cut out or replaced. And as for newbie, I was refering to the message boards. You can change a lot in terms of Disney when posting here, because I have posted some things I never would have considered before.

You really change as a Disney fan because of these boards.

darthdarrel

Actually I think the idea of a Disney Seas in Orlando is an AWESOME IDEA!
I saw that Travel channel special on the Disney seas and I was taken back at the magnitude of the park! Soil and water aside,If anyone can find a way to get around those problems,Disney can!:D

kayarei

i honestly don't think that the water or soil is the biggest concern in creating a TDS in WDW; i think it's the money. they need to find a backer with lots and lots of dough to do it right; and not just build a cheap clone of a part of TDS.

now with all the speculation about microsoft becoming the new sponsor of SE, i'd like to see MS stand up and say, "you know what, why sponsor just one ride when we can sponsor a whole new park". i know this just wishful thinking, but that's what i would do if i were bill gates. :D

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by kayarei
i honestly don't think that the water or soil is the biggest concern in creating a TDS in WDW; i think it's the money. they need to find a backer with lots and lots of dough to do it right; and not just build a cheap clone of a part of TDS.

now with all the speculation about microsoft becoming the new sponsor of SE, i'd like to see MS stand up and say, "you know what, why sponsor just one ride when we can sponsor a whole new park". i know this just wishful thinking, but that's what i would do if i were bill gates. :D

Yeah, just think if Microsoft sponsored Test Track...think of how many times you'd actually crash :lol: :hammer: :lol:

kayarei

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Yeah, just think if Microsoft sponsored Test Track...think of how many times you'd actually crash :lol: :hammer: :lol:

oh i agree. i don't want MS to have anything to do with the planning, building, running, maintaining, etc. just their money to let the imagineers run wild with their ideas! :D

CAPTAIN HOOK

While DisneySeas sounds impressive, it would have TO BE impressive to even compete with SeaWorld. SW is well established and well liked.
On the other hand - when we first visited MGM in '94 we were advised to do US last because US "was so much better than MGM" - now its a case of US is so disappointing compared to MGM perhaps Disney COULD give SeaWorld a run for their money (if Disneyseas were ever to get built)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom