DisneySea planning help

Jwhee

Original Poster
Hi! In serious need of help for planning 1 day at DisneySea in April. Apparently early April will be pretty packed. Looking for a good plan at DisneySea, like which fastpasses to get first etc. skipping Midway Mania. Any help is welcomed

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi! In serious need of help for planning 1 day at DisneySea in April. Apparently early April will be pretty packed. Looking for a good plan at DisneySea, like which fastpasses to get first etc. skipping Midway Mania. Any help is welcomed

Arrive at least an hour before opening. Head straight to TOT to get an FP, then go ride JTTCOE on standby. If you want to ride Nemo Searider, head there next for an FP (it's a skippable ride IMO, and there are better things to do in TDS if you only have one day). Indiana Jones is the other FP biggie, but it offers single rider as well which you can take advantage of if needed.

Keep an eye on the Mermaid Lagoon Theater queue and FP return times. You may need to grab an FP if standby for it is longer than 30 minutes.

20K and Sindbad rarely have waits, which is fine, because you'll likely want to repeat.

Try to ride the electric railway between Port Discovery and American Waterfront if you can. Enter the Big Band Beat lotto, if you lose, try to do standby for the earliest show.

Fantasmic is skippable. The Easter harbor show is cool if you can catch it. Don't miss Fortress Explorations - it's an incredible place to explore. Magic Lamp Theater is fun but not a priority (it also is the only attraction in TDS that offers English caption devices). Raging Spirits sucks.

Ride the park-circling steamer boats if you can. An amazing view of Mysterious Island in particular. If you're looking for a sit-down meal, Magellan's is the place to go. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in American Waterfront is an incredible bar - as beautiful as Club 33 IMO.

Jwhee

Original Poster
Arrive at least an hour before opening. Head straight to TOT to get an FP, then go ride JTTCOE on standby. If you want to ride Nemo Searider, head there next for an FP (it's a skippable ride IMO, and there are better things to do in TDS if you only have one day). Indiana Jones is the other FP biggie, but it offers single rider as well which you can take advantage of if needed.

Keep an eye on the Mermaid Lagoon Theater queue and FP return times. You may need to grab an FP if standby for it is longer than 30 minutes.

20K and Sindbad rarely have waits, which is fine, because you'll likely want to repeat.

Try to ride the electric railway between Port Discovery and American Waterfront if you can. Enter the Big Band Beat lotto, if you lose, try to do standby for the earliest show.

Fantasmic is skippable. The Easter harbor show is cool if you can catch it. Don't miss Fortress Explorations - it's an incredible place to explore. Magic Lamp Theater is fun but not a priority (it also is the only attraction in TDS that offers English caption devices). Raging Spirits sucks.

Ride the park-circling steamer boats if you can. An amazing view of Mysterious Island in particular. If you're looking for a sit-down meal, Magellan's is the place to go. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in American Waterfront is an incredible bar - as beautiful as Club 33 IMO.

Thanks! Also, with fastpass- can I get another set of passes only after I used the first ones? Or is there like an hour time limit until I can get more?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks! Also, with fastpass- can I get another set of passes only after I used the first ones? Or is there like an hour time limit until I can get more?

Each Fastpass you get will tell you the time you can get your next one. It's the old paper FP system, nothing fancy.

Edward M

This is a great plan except for a few things. First, DON'T GO ON THE WEEKEND. Unless 3+ hour waits are something you enjoy, go on a weekday. April will be insane, so I would just have it in your mind to skip Nemo and Toy Story. They're both not worth that much effort (especially Toy Story). Doing TOT FP then Journey is by far the best way to go. I don't know if you will be alone but, either way, DO SINGLE RIDER on Indiana Jones. The line was 150 minutes, and I walked right on, multiple times. No one uses it. The one at Raging Spirits is enraging (hehe) for how slow it is. I would just skip that coaster altogether in fact. For 20,000 Leagues, get a FP in the afternoon; it's always the last ride to have it. Sinbad will always have a short wait, so don't worry about that. Just be sure to ride it. I would say skip Mermaid Lagoon and the Aladdin show just cause exploring the park will be much more rewarding than those shows. Try your hand at the Big Band Beat lottery (look up how to use it; it's really easy) and go if you win. If not, you can still go, but it will take up a lot of time. I would skip the night shows as well since Disneysea is 10x better at night. That should cover it! Seriously, be sure to do Fortress Explorations though; it's the hidden gem of the park. Lastly, be sure to go all counter service since food at the resort is amazing. And get popcorn, Chandu's Tail, and a Gyoza Dog. I swear, you won't regret getting any of them.

Greenkai3000

I too would love suggestions for my visit in February.

Indy, and the Electrical Railway will both be down. ToT will be in Level 13 mode, the steamer boats and Nemo will be new to us. We are visiting on a Thursday. Any suggestions on a plan of attack for getting as many FPs as possible? We can skip TSM, but would rather not since one of us going hasn't done TSM at TDR yet.

GiveMeTheMusic

I too would love suggestions for my visit in February.

Indy, and the Electrical Railway will both be down. ToT will be in Level 13 mode, the steamer boats and Nemo will be new to us. We are visiting on a Thursday. Any suggestions on a plan of attack for getting as many FPs as possible? We can skip TSM, but would rather not since one of us going hasn't done TSM at TDR yet.

TSM (if you plan on doing it), TOT and JTTCOE are the FP priorities. If you have to do TSM, you need to make sure you're near the front of the line to get in that morning, so show up early. Go straight to TSM FP (it's where most of the crowd will be going, so not hard to do). Then standby TOT if the line is still short, otherwise FP it as soon as your TSM FP allows.

jaxonp

If you're staying at Disneyland hotel, how early do you need to be at the either parks gates before opening? Side note: It feels so odd not knowing what to do when I could literally give tours of WDW and DLR blindfolded. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

GiveMeTheMusic

If you're staying at Disneyland hotel, how early do you need to be at the either parks gates before opening? Side note: It feels so odd not knowing what to do when I could literally give tours of WDW and DLR blindfolded. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

If you're staying on site, you get 15 minutes early entry to the parks. It doesn't sound like much, but it literally makes all the difference in getting onto major rides on crowded days, and then being able to grab FPs at opening before the mob arrives. Your hotel will give you details on where to be for your 15 minute early entry, so I'd be at that spot no later than 45 minutes prior to opening to feel out the crowd that day.

At TDS, Big Band Beat, King Triton's Concert, the daily event harbor show (changes seasonally) are must sees. Fantasmic is worth seeing if you have the time. Out of Shadowland is 100% in Japanese and has no characters, so it's harder to follow but still beautiful.

jaxonp

Yes never go on the Weekend (or Golden Week. BEWARE).
We rag on the wait times in Orlando but they pale in comparison to TDL and Sea. At least the service, cleanliness and hospitality is top class over there.

Unfoturnetly for us, we're going on the last day of Golden Week (Sunday) but we're staying through Wednesday so hopefully the crowds will dissipate quickly on Monday. We bumped our trip back one day because they are closing ToT and Jttcote on Monday. Couldn't go all the way to Tokyo Disney and not ride those two, so we will brave the crowds on Sunday just to ride those two!

GiveMeTheMusic

Unfoturnetly for us, we're going on the last day of Golden Week (Sunday) but we're staying through Wednesday so hopefully the crowds will dissipate quickly on Monday. We bumped our trip back one day because they are closing ToT and Jttcote on Monday. Couldn't go all the way to Tokyo Disney and not ride those two, so we will brave the crowds on Sunday just to ride those two!

Oh man I can't believe they're closing TOT and JTTCOTE at the same time. That's nuts.

jaxonp

Oh man I can't believe they're closing TOT and JTTCOTE at the same time. That's nuts.

I know. How do you close 2 of the top 3 rides at the same time????? And.. of course most people over there seem to care the most about Midway Mania which don't even like to ride here so... we're probably crazy for going a day earlier to deal with those crowds but we just can't pass up the opportunity to ride both. Tokyo looks like they do major refurbs often compared to WDW and DL.

Pikapop

What shows are must see at Sea?

TBH I probably could have done without the Shadowland show. All original characters, no Disney. I felt like I was watching an episode of a magical girl anime aimed at 8 year olds, but darker, louder, and without all the amazing costumes. If you're pressed for time and lines and love Disney parks because of Disney, I'd sort of be inclined to skip it.

The one thing I did not expect to love was the different flavored popcorn. Honestly, I'd look at a map and factor the popcorn stands into your planning routes. Be prepared to buy a collectable bucket ($17-$35 depending on how much you want to spend on one) and load up throughout the day (once you buy a bucket I think the refill is like 200 yen or so). The shoyu/soy sauce flavored one was our favorite. I haven't been to any Disney parks stateside in a few years but I think this is a Japan only thing (someone correct me if I'm wrong)? I didn't remember seeing them in HKD.

Nj4mwc

What are the best times of the year to visit the parks in Tokyo or is it like the states where it's busy year round now. The Tokyo parks are in my 5 year vacation plan

Jwhee

Original Poster
Anyone have a good fast pass strategy for Disneyland?

I’m thinking- send the group towards Pooh at park opening, have a runner go towards monsters to get FP.

After riding Pooh, do Jungle Cruise or thunder until I can get a second FP which would most likely be for Space Mountain?

Small World & Mansion will be closed.

Any help is appreciated!

*Also- are there any rides that don’t ever get long waits?

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Anyone have a good fast pass strategy for Disneyland?

I’m thinking- send the group towards Pooh at park opening, have a runner go towards monsters to get FP.

After riding Pooh, do Jungle Cruise or thunder until I can get a second FP which would most likely be for Space Mountain?

Small World & Mansion will be closed.

Any help is appreciated!

*Also- are there any rides that don’t ever get long waits?
Plan on getting an FP for Pooh, even after you ride it. Of the multitude of groups I have ever heard back from about going, only one has ever not decided to redo Pooh (and his decision was only due to his train leaving soon). Also, After Monsters and Pooh, Space is a good call, and definitely plan on riding Jungle Cruise and Thunder Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom