• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

DisneySea planning help

Jwhee

Original Poster
Hi! In serious need of help for planning 1 day at DisneySea in April. Apparently early April will be pretty packed. Looking for a good plan at DisneySea, like which fastpasses to get first etc. skipping Midway Mania. Any help is welcomed

GiveMeTheMusic

Advertisement
Hi! In serious need of help for planning 1 day at DisneySea in April. Apparently early April will be pretty packed. Looking for a good plan at DisneySea, like which fastpasses to get first etc. skipping Midway Mania. Any help is welcomed
Arrive at least an hour before opening. Head straight to TOT to get an FP, then go ride JTTCOE on standby. If you want to ride Nemo Searider, head there next for an FP (it's a skippable ride IMO, and there are better things to do in TDS if you only have one day). Indiana Jones is the other FP biggie, but it offers single rider as well which you can take advantage of if needed.

Keep an eye on the Mermaid Lagoon Theater queue and FP return times. You may need to grab an FP if standby for it is longer than 30 minutes.

20K and Sindbad rarely have waits, which is fine, because you'll likely want to repeat.

Try to ride the electric railway between Port Discovery and American Waterfront if you can. Enter the Big Band Beat lotto, if you lose, try to do standby for the earliest show.

Fantasmic is skippable. The Easter harbor show is cool if you can catch it. Don't miss Fortress Explorations - it's an incredible place to explore. Magic Lamp Theater is fun but not a priority (it also is the only attraction in TDS that offers English caption devices). Raging Spirits sucks.

Ride the park-circling steamer boats if you can. An amazing view of Mysterious Island in particular. If you're looking for a sit-down meal, Magellan's is the place to go. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in American Waterfront is an incredible bar - as beautiful as Club 33 IMO.

Jwhee

Original Poster
Arrive at least an hour before opening. Head straight to TOT to get an FP, then go ride JTTCOE on standby. If you want to ride Nemo Searider, head there next for an FP (it's a skippable ride IMO, and there are better things to do in TDS if you only have one day). Indiana Jones is the other FP biggie, but it offers single rider as well which you can take advantage of if needed.

Keep an eye on the Mermaid Lagoon Theater queue and FP return times. You may need to grab an FP if standby for it is longer than 30 minutes.

20K and Sindbad rarely have waits, which is fine, because you'll likely want to repeat.

Try to ride the electric railway between Port Discovery and American Waterfront if you can. Enter the Big Band Beat lotto, if you lose, try to do standby for the earliest show.

Fantasmic is skippable. The Easter harbor show is cool if you can catch it. Don't miss Fortress Explorations - it's an incredible place to explore. Magic Lamp Theater is fun but not a priority (it also is the only attraction in TDS that offers English caption devices). Raging Spirits sucks.

Ride the park-circling steamer boats if you can. An amazing view of Mysterious Island in particular. If you're looking for a sit-down meal, Magellan's is the place to go. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge in American Waterfront is an incredible bar - as beautiful as Club 33 IMO.
Thanks! Also, with fastpass- can I get another set of passes only after I used the first ones? Or is there like an hour time limit until I can get more?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks! Also, with fastpass- can I get another set of passes only after I used the first ones? Or is there like an hour time limit until I can get more?
Each Fastpass you get will tell you the time you can get your next one. It's the old paper FP system, nothing fancy.

Edward M

This is a great plan except for a few things. First, DON'T GO ON THE WEEKEND. Unless 3+ hour waits are something you enjoy, go on a weekday. April will be insane, so I would just have it in your mind to skip Nemo and Toy Story. They're both not worth that much effort (especially Toy Story). Doing TOT FP then Journey is by far the best way to go. I don't know if you will be alone but, either way, DO SINGLE RIDER on Indiana Jones. The line was 150 minutes, and I walked right on, multiple times. No one uses it. The one at Raging Spirits is enraging (hehe) for how slow it is. I would just skip that coaster altogether in fact. For 20,000 Leagues, get a FP in the afternoon; it's always the last ride to have it. Sinbad will always have a short wait, so don't worry about that. Just be sure to ride it. I would say skip Mermaid Lagoon and the Aladdin show just cause exploring the park will be much more rewarding than those shows. Try your hand at the Big Band Beat lottery (look up how to use it; it's really easy) and go if you win. If not, you can still go, but it will take up a lot of time. I would skip the night shows as well since Disneysea is 10x better at night. That should cover it! Seriously, be sure to do Fortress Explorations though; it's the hidden gem of the park. Lastly, be sure to go all counter service since food at the resort is amazing. And get popcorn, Chandu's Tail, and a Gyoza Dog. I swear, you won't regret getting any of them.