DisneySea at Walt Disney World?!?

Would you like DisneySea as a 5th Theme Park coming to Walt Disney World?

• Total voters

Braden20

Original Poster
How about or What If they add some Overseas Attractions & Entertainments in either Disneyland or Walt Disney World Resorts Disney Theme Parks,

(From Tokyo)
Jungle Cruise: Wildlife Expeditions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
like Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast at Disneyland,
Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Replacing Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh either at Disneyland or Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom)
or Tokyo's 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea in either Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland or at Magic Kingdom's Rumored Theme Land Discovery Bay along with Journey to the Center of the Earth.
or the Tangled Ride in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot.
or Peter Pan Ride from Tokyo DisneySea at Magic Kingdom Park (Replacing Peter Pan's Flight in MK) and Add Neverland Area in Fantasyland MK.
or Sinbad's Storybook Voyage and The Magic Lamp Theater in Morocco Pavilion at Epcot.
or Venetian Gondolas in the Italy Pavilion at Epcot
or Nemo & Friends Searider in World Nature at Epcot
or King Triton's Theater in either WDW's Magic Kingdom, or Disney California Adventure
and Monsters Inc Ride & Go Seek at Disney's Hollywood Studios along with a Monsters Inc Theme Land.

(From Paris)
Crush's Coaster in either Disney Animal Kingdom's Rumored Land of Australia along with Great Barrier's Reef Addition, or Disney's Hollywood Studios.

(From Hong Kong and Shanghai)
Buzz Lightyear's Planet Rescue at Disneyland, or Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (Retheming the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster at DL, & Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at WDW)
or Peter Pan's Flight, Shanghai Version in WDW's Magic Kingdom.
and, Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, in either Disney's Hollywood Studios or WDW's Magic Kingdom.
even, City of Zootopia in Disney's Hollywood Studios or WDW's Magic Kingdom.

These are the Additions of what I would like to see and experience these Attractions or Entertainments in American Disney Parks Someday.

I decided not to see DisneySea coming to either Disneyland Resort as a 3rd Park, or Walt Disney World Resort as a 5th Theme Park.
Instead, my opinion is I would like to experience these attractions & Entertainments that was on this list, coming to either Disneyland Resort in Anaheim California, or Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando Florida.

MistaDee

I would hate if a fifth gate was a recreation of an already-existing park, even if it's the magnificent DisneySea. We're already in an era in which Disney is in its most creatively-bankrupt, if we got a fifth gate, I would much rather it be innovative and exciting. Or, I guess more realistically, at least original.

While it's commonplace to bemoan the current era, surely the era that produced DCA, WDSP, and HKDL in their original incarnations was far more "creatively bankrupt."

Take Shanghai Disneyland or any one of the recent expansions, while surely not perfect, but to claim creative bankruptcy is disingenuous. There's a lot to appreciate in this era.

No Name

I voted no. DisneySea is a pun of sorts that works only in conjunction with Disneyland. The concept would make for the most generic park in WDW, even as they stand today. It’s really not a good theme park at its core, it’s just very nice looking and very fleshed out. DisneySea is great, in Tokyo.

CoasterSnoop

While it's commonplace to bemoan the current era, surely the era that produced DCA, WDSP, and HKDL in their original incarnations was far more "creatively bankrupt."

Take Shanghai Disneyland or any one of the recent expansions, while surely not perfect, but to claim creative bankruptcy is disingenuous. There's a lot to appreciate in this era.

I was referring more to Disney as a whole rather than just the parks. While the parks you mentioned were certainly way worse than Shanghai opening day, those parks are still part of an era that brought creative if mostly unsuccessful movies. That era (I’m assuming you’re referring to Eisner post-heart attack) also brought Animal Kingdom, Test Track 1.0, Everest, and DisneySea, higher highs, in my opinion, than anything from this more recent era more interested in making rides that more or less function as advertisements for Disney’s next biggest movie (granted, I still haven’t experienced Pandora or TSL).

And I understand that bit about the parks is very opinionated, but I’d still argue an era in which Disney is attempting new stories and breaking new ground in animation (Stitch, Treasure Planet, New Groove) is far less creatively-bankrupt than an era in which the company wants to absorb as many studios as it can, create unnecessary live-action remakes of films that are already adaptations themselves, and essentially turn Pixar into a sequel-factory (this looks to be changing, but 2015 looked pretty good as well and look what happened immediately after), yadda yadda yadda this is all technically off topic, but that’s what I meant referring to this era.

PiratesMansion

Disney simply will not build everything noteworthy in the international parks in the US. You need to go there yourself to experience these things if that's what you want. And frankly, I've never understood the desire to "just bring it to WDW" because then you lose the cultural experiences (and world class cities next to them) that make the international resorts so interesting.

But for the topic at hand, here's why this won't happen:
1. As many people have stated, all existing parks at WDW (with the possible exception of Magic Kingdom) are attraction-deficient, and arguably maintenance-deficient. In addition, to my understanding, the addition of Animal Kingdom did not actually increase resort attendance and simply cannibalized attendance from the other park.
2. American vacations are getting shorter, not longer. Another park would not encourage most people to stay longer, but to cut something else instead. See above point about cannibalization of attendance.
3. If DisneySea was built here, it simply WOULD NOT be the park as it exists in Tokyo. There would likely be more IP, way less money spent on the building of the park, and it WOULD NOT be maintained as well. Even if they had built DisneySea in Long Beach, it probably would have been cost cut to death. I don't think now, with the costs of WDI in general spiraling out of control on a regular basis, that you could do a DisneySea without making sacrifices that would kill what makes the park special.

If you want to experience the cool things at the international parks (and you should, as a lot of Disney's best work is overseas, and none of that is the stuff coming to WDW right now), just go. There's no point wishing for something that will never be. If you are already going to one Disney resort or another on a frequent basis, you might just be able to afford an international trip. Heck, it's actually really easy to combine the three Asian resorts into one trip (and I saved $600 on airfare in doing so). That will produce better results than hoping that maybe someday all of these things will come to the US.

It Is What It Is

I would very much like DisneySea to be the 5th park. The US should represent the best of what Imagineers come up with. And even though it is opinion based, my observation makes me think most think DisneySea is the best of what Imagineers have come up with.

The probability of this happening in my life? It's pretty low it seems. Any 5th gate? I'm in my 50's, so I think low. But to those of you who say it's never going to happen, ugh, you discredit yourself. That's like telling me you know who the next CEO is and what's on their mind or what their priorities are. You have very little clue other than they will want to grow the Disney empire and make the shareholders more money.

And someone please show me in the contract with OLC where it says DisneySea can't be replicated elsewhere in the future. You can't, because I'm 99.9% sure you haven't seen the contract. You have probably heard there is a five year window on new attractions in Tokyo going to other parks, but even that, is that true or did someone guess at that? If you know, please share that section of the contract with us. It would make sense that there was something like that in place but how is that known?

So for those of you like me that would love a DisneySea as a fifth gate, don't give up hope but probably don't put any money down on it happening in Vegas!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you saying you don't want there to be a fifth gate, you don't think there will be a fifth gate, or both?

Don’t think there will be...

The main reasons lack of a market big enough to prevent costly park cannibalization and huge long term guaranteed operational costs being the key culprits.

I could see maybe something more “boutique-y” still...maybe...
But nothing where you pay a reasonable upfront price and the rides are all included...

We’ve drifted with their tides away from that. The die is cast

JIMINYCR

As much as I would like to see another park built, I would rather it not be a copy from. anyone. I would like it to be something unique to the Disney parks. Its about time WDW got the respect it deserves and give our side of the world something the others look at and say... Hey thats really something... and have them hope they can one day copy from us. The Imagineers have the ability to dream up something special, so let them at it.

MistaDee

I was referring more to Disney as a whole rather than just the parks. While the parks you mentioned were certainly way worse than Shanghai opening day, those parks are still part of an era that brought creative if mostly unsuccessful movies. That era (I’m assuming you’re referring to Eisner post-heart attack) also brought Animal Kingdom, Test Track 1.0, Everest, and DisneySea, higher highs, in my opinion, than anything from this more recent era more interested in making rides that more or less function as advertisements for Disney’s next biggest movie (granted, I still haven’t experienced Pandora or TSL).

And I understand that bit about the parks is very opinionated, but I’d still argue an era in which Disney is attempting new stories and breaking new ground in animation (Stitch, Treasure Planet, New Groove) is far less creatively-bankrupt than an era in which the company wants to absorb as many studios as it can, create unnecessary live-action remakes of films that are already adaptations themselves, and essentially turn Pixar into a sequel-factory (this looks to be changing, but 2015 looked pretty good as well and look what happened immediately after), yadda yadda yadda this is all technically off topic, but that’s what I meant referring to this era.

Yeah if you're talking about the company as a whole I'd definitely be inclined to agree. From a parks perspective I think we should be happy with the level of capital investment, but I also agree on an overemphasis on IP.

I'd be curious to see the numbers from Everest, Mystic Manor, and other recent original investments compared to the IP palooza. In other words, is there a business case to support the Chapel/Iger school of thought, or do guests primarily come for great new experiences period?

Goofyernmost

Don’t think there will be...

The main reasons lack of a market big enough to prevent costly park cannibalization and huge long term guaranteed operational costs being the key culprits.

I could see maybe something more “boutique-y” still...maybe...
But nothing where you pay a reasonable upfront price and the rides are all included...

We’ve drifted with their tides away from that. The die is cast
I agree, it becomes less likely the more popular Uni gets. It is hard enough to be able to get that much consecutive time off now and if they start to split that time between two parks, the a fifth gate would be nothing more than overhead. There is just so much time that people have and right now if a family only has the time or resources for one week of vacation time then the 4 park is just about perfect to keep them on property. The more improvements or additions that they add to those four parks the more likely it is that will happen. Add another park and then you let in the bigger possibility that people will more likely split their time since they are going to miss something anyway. As we all know an empty fifth is not a good thing in any sense of the word.

I don't agree that the die is cast, because demand, or lack of demand, can still flex its muscle and make that go away.

Last edited:
We discussed a 5th Theme Park would be coming to Walt Disney World. My opinion is I would like DisneySea come to Walt Disney World, because it's one of the most best Disney Theme Park ever. especially Tokyo DisneySea opened back in 2001,

I would love to see or experience DisneySea at Walt Disney World someday, which was the same theme park from Tokyo Disney Resort.
I for one would not. Let the over seas parks have their unique themes . Zootopia soon, etc. Just like I wouldn't want an E.P.C.O.T. overseas. It's part of the appeal of visiting foreign parks IMO. 5th park should be a fresh new idea. And since WDW is needing another park just for the crowd disbursement during peak seasons, it should be a park focused on each age demographic with adult only areas and another area for little ones like Fantasyland. But Just remember, everytime Disney builds something super and great, it cost us 10-15% more to visit so be careful what you wish for.

Wendy Hopkins

We discussed a 5th Theme Park would be coming to Walt Disney World. My opinion is I would like DisneySea come to Walt Disney World, because it's one of the most best Disney Theme Park ever. especially Tokyo DisneySea opened back in 2001,

I would love to see or experience DisneySea at Walt Disney World someday, which was the same theme park from Tokyo Disney Resort.

I think before DisneySea at WDW they would do a purely Marvel park as soon as the rights expire for Universal Studios. Even if they continue to allow Universal rights to a few Marvel attractions there are still a wealth of Super heroes and villains. This park would give WDW the biggest bang for their buck!

GoofyCathy

I so hope not. We don’t need another Sea World.

lazyboy97o

I think before DisneySea at WDW they would do a purely Marvel park as soon as the rights expire for Universal Studios. Even if they continue to allow Universal rights to a few Marvel attractions there are still a wealth of Super heroes and villains. This park would give WDW the biggest bang for their buck!
The deal with Universal does not expire.

I'm not fond of the idea of bringing an entire park across the pond, and while I like the idea of a 5th gate full of original rides, I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen.

So because of that, I say bring JttCotE to Animal Kingdom, because that park really needs a reason to visit besides Pandora and Everest. Build Discovery Bay as it was originally planned in Magic Kingdom (A steampunk, Jules Verne-themed land would be amazing and might even drag me away, temporarily, from my love of Universal) and throw in 20,000 Leagues. Bring some of the best rides from the international parks to Disney World. After all, they're already starting to, with Tron and Ratatouille.

With as big as Disney World is, and as much land as they have that they can develop, there's a lot they can do. Honestly they probably won't, which is a real shame, but I think many people would love if they did.

Hiyumo

As much as I would like to see another park built, I would rather it not be a copy from. anyone. I would like it to be something unique to the Disney parks. Its about time WDW got the respect it deserves and give our side of the world something the others look at and say... Hey thats really something... and have them hope they can one day copy from us. The Imagineers have the ability to dream up something special, so let them at it.
Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story land and Pandora???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom