News Disney's theme park no-fly-zones may be at risk from new legislation

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The self-described "aviation geeks" can probably speak to this better, but the runways at MCO run N/S, so the risk of having commercial planes flying at low altitudes over WDW when inbound/outbound to/from MCO is low.

My home is not in the compass direction for the runways at TLH. But I still have aircraft flying close by as the pilot lines up. It all depends on where the aircraft is flying to or from.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If the TFR is rescinded, are we free to do something like this to the helicopter tours that will inevitably fly more frequently over the parks and resorts? Asking for a friend.

arnold schwarzenegger explosion GIF

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

durangojim

These people are idiots because: 1. This harms no one but park guests, 2. see #1, and 3. their political opponents only need to point this out to the public (many of whom probably have gone to WDW and have appreciated the fact they were in a no fly zone even if they didn't realize it).

durangojim

If the TFR is rescinded, are we free to do something like this to the helicopter tours that will inevitably fly more frequently over the parks and resorts? Asking for a friend.

arnold schwarzenegger explosion GIF
I always wonder how the helicopters skirt this rule. When it's time for Illuminations, I mean, Harmonious, I mean whatever it is, the pool above the Riviera feels like helicopter central.

Comped

Considering the idea of a no-fly-zone over WDW was spearheaded by a few execs from Walt Disney Entertainment years ago (as the exec who got it from the FAA told me once), there is little need for it from a safety perspective. If there are safety concerns once it is gone, I am reasonably certain the TSA, FAA, FBI, and other law enforcement or regulatory agencies can deal with it. Disney doesn't need it for safety - it was designed to keep out advertisements, and actually made entertainment harder to do because they had to go to the FAA for exemptions.

MaryJaneP

if the no-fly zones are removed, can guests expect nonstop banner planes? Some may even advertise competing amusement options, places to stay or eat, or even political speech.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
How is this political if none of the other theme parks in the US have the same benefit?
Not sure if you were around for 9/11 but those targets were symbolic of America.

Disney is also highly symbolic of America. Think about all the ways WDW is highly attractive shiny target at the global terrorism level (Eta- that other parks are not even close).

This legislation in haste to discipline Disney is overlooking how they are not just knee-capping WDW but potentially the whole state of Florida with their actions. Cut off the nose to spite their face.

Ayla

Do the planes fly directly over the stadium DURING the game?
Not during, but flyovers at Lambeau right before the game starts happen every home game.

ETA- Lambeau is also directly under the flight path to GRB and yes, planes fly over during the game to land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom