Disney's Swan Hotel

Evil Moose

Have you guys been there before?I want to know if it is a good hotel.
Please give me ratings and what you didn't and did like bout the Swan.

soccer9miahamm

We stayed at the Swan in December. Our room was facing MGM, which was cool since we could wake up to the Tower of Terror. We also could see the Boardwalk, and from the end of our hallway Epcot, which includes a nice view of IllumiNations.

Location-not a horrible walk to MGM or Epcot, which we preferred over the boats most of the time
Room-Although it could have used a balcony, it was nice in size, good beds
Pool-Didn't swim in it, but it looks nice and the waterfall is cool

Didn't Like:
Room Service-Slow-sometimes we would go back to the room to take a quick nap, and room service would just be getting there at around 4. That was very inconsistent.
Bus-too many stops-Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk
Lack of Restaurants-Especially fast food-would have been nice to have had more of a food court or something-also Palio was closed for refurb while we were there, so we had to go to a park or the Dolphin to eat most of the time

We liked the hotel and would stay there again just for the location if nothing else.

Feel free to ask more specific questions if you can think of something I didn't mention.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
My husband actually preferred it to the BW or YC. :lookaroun We liked the Heavenly Bed so much that we bought one. :lol:

We had no problem walking over to the Dolphin for fast food, and usually ate our meals in the park, anyways. There is always the BW bakery on the way (if you're walking) in the morning, and Beaches and Cream at the BC. I really didn't notice any lack of food choices.

We're Starwood members, so we got a great rate the last time we stayed. They also frequently have specials for teachers, nurses, etc and offer special rates to wdwmagic members.

I agree that it might be a little too formal for those with small children, but for children of school age it was fine.

I believe the downside is that you can't charge to your room? The transportation issue is the same if you're staying at the BW, BC, and YC, and we only had to use it to get to AK and MK.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We stayed there in 9/06 and they were having some sort of mold problem. My husband was there for a sales meeting and there were alot of people that had to change rooms due to the problem. Others had to have dehumidifiers put in their rooms. Our room smelled like a mildew. Someone in the group said it had been on the news and that the Swan was suing someone over it. I didn't see the news story, so I can't personally vouch for it.

The beds are awsome! I slept great while I was there.

Upvote 0

tikiman

We just stayed in the Swan this December and we tried the Dolphin in 2004. We stayed for free using Starwood points so I cannot complain too much. It was a nice place and I liked it better than the Dolphin in some ways but out of all the resorts we have stayed it is my least favorite location. The walk is long to the parks and the boat takes forever. The busses do share with way too many resorts (which is a reason why we did not like the Yacht Club). The location is much better than staying at a Moderate resort and better than some other Deluxe resorts but if I had my choice when staying over near Epcot I would choose the Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Not that we will not try the Swan again (especially for free with points) but we split our stay and go to another resort.

The Swan does have a lot to offer and I can see why many love it but to me it does not beat some of the other places we have stayed. We prefer the Polynesian and we can take the bus from the Polynesian to MGM faster than taking the boat from the Swan. Also getting into Epcot is faster from the room at the Polynesian than walking or taking the boat from the Swan so for us it is much more convenient to stay at the Polynesian or even the YC/ BC or Boardwalk.

If you are interested I have a trip report with photos from the trip in December.

http://www.tikiman2001.net/trip2006.html

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Just saw in todays Allearsnet.com newsletter that from Aug 5th-Sept 15 you can book a room at the Swolphin for $125 a nite, which is a really good deal. You must book by Feb 15th though.

Upvote 0
I was quite young when we stayed there, but I remember the following:
Robes in the closet (I thought that was just THE coolest thing)

Big Cookies before bed every night (This was even COOLER!)

White sand beaches, hammocks (so beautiful!)

Pool was cold and uninviting to children (very "Look but don't jump in" feel)

Loved the easy boat transportation...just make sure you're on time!

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

We have stayed in both the Swan and the Dolphin.

Love them both! Location is great, beds are just too comfy. Only negative is no Magical Express but we took Quick Silver and had them do a comp. grocery stop....that way we stocked up on bottled water and some snacks, that ended up saving us some $$.

I agree about transportation....sometimes the boats fill up, I prefer walking to Epcot from there (and back!). Nvere had aproblem w/ busses.

Wow! $125 is a fantastic deal....especially for a Delux!

Upvote 0

hdcjenks

Swan

We stayed the first week of Jan. and really liked it. We didn't have any long waits for busses or boats. We took Quicksilver to and from the airport too, great service. The restaurants are a bit expensive, but that's the only negative we saw. Our room had a balcony, 2 queen beds, was clean and nice. The pools were fun, although the grotto pool was cold enough to stop your heart. It's really a short walk to Epcot, it took about 15 minutes with a 7 year old. We loved the location, it never felt like it took long to get to any of the parks.

Upvote 0

Evil Moose

Original Poster
We were planing to stay at Old Key West but we couldn't find it for a good deal.So we went on hotwire and found a good deal staying at the Swan so we booked it cause of it being on Disney properity for Spring Break(WOW).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom