Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Magenta Panther

Yeah, but...

David Lowery (Pete’s Dragon) is still on board to direct with Toby Halbrooks, who co-wrote Pete’s Dragon, is on board wrote the most recent draft for the film. Jim Whitaker (A Wrinkle In Time) will be producing the project alongside Joe Roth (Maleficent: Mistress of Evil) which is currently casting.

Oh dear....:rolleyes::depressed:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another creative difference (the other is Doctor Strange itMoM's director)...

And not related...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Darkprime

That sucks about Hawkeye. But it always seemed like a weird one to have come at the end of the infinity saga. Much like Black Widow it should have been a movie back in Phase 2 or something.

LSLS

That sucks about Hawkeye. But it always seemed like a weird one to have come at the end of the infinity saga. Much like Black Widow it should have been a movie back in Phase 2 or something.

Yeah to be honest I dont really care much about a hawkeye series. But less marvel shows is a bad thing in my eyes

erasure fan1

But it always seemed like a weird one to have come at the end of the infinity saga.
It seems like a, here you go Jeremy, we know we didn't really utilize the character, so here's a limited series. He never really warranted his own movie. But a D+ show has name recognition, when you need original content. So it makes sense.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Honestly the only reason I can think that is the case is based on content. The app is nowhere near as smooth as Netflix. Though most shocking to me is 64% give Hulu high marks. Good lord that is far and away the WORST service (again, content aside).

It's much easier to find Frozen on D+ than Hulu!!

seascape

No one other than Disney knows the exact number of customers Disney Plus has. There have been 41 million downloads of the app from the Apple and Google stores. However, that completely ignores the Roku's, Samsung, and other television sites. This is especially important since Roku dominates the smart TV market. February 4 will be a very interesting day for Disney and it's stock. I think the over/under number will be 30 million. Anything under that and the stock will go down but anything over the 30 million and there will be a nice profit.

seascape

USA today reported Disney Plus may already have 40 million customers. At an average revenue of $5.00 a customer per month, Disney's revenue would be $200 million a month or $2.4 billion a year. Then add 30 million Hulu customers with an average revenue of $13.00 a month and that brings in another $390 million a month or $5.07 billion. Therefore, not counting Hotstars revenue for their 300 to 400 million customers, Disney's streaming services are bringing in approximately $7.5 billion or 40% of Netflix's last 12 months of revenue. Now, even figuring only $1 a month in revenue per each Hotstar customer that would bring in another $3.6 to $4.8 billion bringing the total to between $11.1 to $12.3 billion and that is before the full rollout of Disney Plus and Hulu around the world.

VaderTron

My money is invested based on my estimates of what will happen. You can agree with it or not but you seem incapable of giving me any credit. I predicted 12 billion worldwide box office before Artimus Fowl was delayed and you refuse to give me any credit. I predicted Disney Plus would blow away the publicly stated prediction. I went out and
put my predictions in writing. I would think you would at least recognize that because I knew if they didn't beat or at least come close to my predictions I would look bad. I even debated you on Disney Plus and I know if I was horribly wrong you would rightfully come back and tell me I was wrong. I believe the difference between us is I can admit when I am wrong but you can't.
I miss the days when people who had a disagreement would say, "Would you like to take this outside?!" and then go out and settle matters. Now we all have to suffer through the geek-slapping one painful keystroke at a time.

giphy-7_49718457806207.gif

Darkprime

USA today reported Disney Plus may already have 40 million customers. At an average revenue of $5.00 a customer per month, Disney's revenue would be $200 million a month or $2.4 billion a year. Then add 30 million Hulu customers with an average revenue of $13.00 a month and that brings in another $390 million a month or $5.07 billion. Therefore, not counting Hotstars revenue for their 300 to 400 million customers, Disney's streaming services are bringing in approximately $7.5 billion or 40% of Netflix's last 12 months of revenue. Now, even figuring only $1 a month in revenue per each Hotstar customer that would bring in another $3.6 to $4.8 billion bringing the total to between $11.1 to $12.3 billion and that is before the full rollout of Disney Plus and Hulu around the world.

When do you think the 1st price increase will come? We all know its coming im thinking in November around when Mando season 2 and WandaVision launch.

seascape

For me personally...not for at least 3 years. I pre-paid. 😁
I think you are right. Disney said they would lose money through 2023 and finally become profitable in 2024. The rest of 2020 they have the roll out in Europe and a large part of Asia. Profits will come, and probably sooner than my predicted end of 2022. In the meantime, there is so much work yet to be done. Besides Disney Plus's worldwide rollout there is the expansion of Hotstar and Hulu worldwide and ESPN+. The only real doubt is when Disney Streaming Services will become the largest revenue producing company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom