Disney's Storybook Kingdom Park

james4023464

The Hercules ride sounds pretty cool, you need to put more. So you just go through the pool and loop and then your done? Otherwise your on the right track to a grat ride, keep up the good work.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Well, there is more in the segment between entering the underworld and entering the pool of souls. This actually takes up most of the ride. Most of it, however is in the dark with some effects. Forgot to mention that park, it looks like. While you loop over the pool, you hear Herc's voice saying that he'll take care of Hades and for you to just escape from the Underworld. You escape and rush out of the Underoworld and back to the station. Does that sound any better?

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Hercules Flying Charriot Adventure

Here's another attraction in Hercules Plaza:

Guests begin by walking though a queue which looks like the streets of Thebes, which appears to have been destroyed. Near the end of the queue, Phil appears (discuised video screen so he looks like he's standing with you) and says that the Titans have escaped and you've got to help stop them. He gives you a quick lesson on how to be a hero and you enter a large room with many chariots parked in it. Each chariot accomodates two people, one will stear the chariot by taking the reigns and another will battle the Titans with a "lightnig sword". Guests put on a virtural reality headset and begin their journey. A door is in front of you and you fly out of it, you chariot being pulled by a Pegasus. You now fly through Thebes looking for Monsters. You battle the Titans. Because the ride is virtual, each time you experience it would be different depending which way you go. In the end, Hercules appears and saves the day. You then return to ground level, where Phil congratulates you.

Any thoughts? Also, the name isn't that good, but I can't think of a better one. Can anyone else think of a good one?

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Zero to Hero: A Muse-ical Adventure

The next attraction is the first of the park's two Broadway-style stage shows, "Zero to Hero: A Muse-ical Adventure":

This live show takes place in the Thebes amplitheater. The set on stage is made up of large pots and urns which will be used in the show. The Muses narrate the show as they do in the film, and sing a number of the songs in the show begining with "Gospel Truth". Hercules comes out next and sings "Go the Distance". "One Last Hope", "Zero To Hero", and "A Star is Born" are also included in the show. Many of the film's other characters from the film are also featured including Hades, Pain, Panic, Phil, and Megara (who, of course, sings her show-stopping number "I Won't Say"). The show also features a giant puppet of the statue of Herc's father, Zeus moving sets, and other effects.

It's hard to tell what the show is like from the description, but that's the best I can do without boring you by just saying what happens in the movie. How does it sound?

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Pegasus Flights

The last of Hercules Plaza's attractions is this one in the land's main courtyard:

The Pegasus Flights is a hub and spoke spinner ride like Dumbo the flying elephant in Fantasyland. Guests board flying horses like Hercules' for an areal flight over the plaza. In the center stands a large collum with a Baby Pegasus sitting on top, watching the rest as the pass him by.

Ok, it's a Dumbo clone. They can't all be e-tickets. I'll start on the last land, "Belle's Village", soon.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
The Court of Beauty and the Beast

On to Belle's Village. What would a Beauty and the Beast land be without a broadway-style stage show? Here it is:

The Court of Beauty and the Beast tells the story of Beauty and the Beast in this spectacular broadway-style musical presented daily at Le Theatre de la Village. Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts narrate the tale which includes many of the film's memoable musical numbers including "Belle", "Gaston", "Be Our Guest", "Something There", "Kill the Beast", and "Beauty and the Beast". Unlike the version which has played at other Diney parks, the Beast and Enchanted objects will have costumes which allow their face to be seen and allow then to speek and sing as opposed to lip-synching to the film's songs (more like MGM's Hunchback of Notre Dame show), as well as borrowing some elements from the Broadway verison.

Like the Hercules show, it's hard to be able to tell what it will be like, but this should give some idea about what the show is like. How does it sound?

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Chip's Teacup Spin

This is the last of my original dark ride for the park, which will go in Belle's Village:

Guests ener the queue which is themed to the oversized world of the Enchanted Castle as seen through the eyes of an enchanted object. Next, they board their vehicals, which are all enchanted tea cups (although only one is Chip). You start your ride by passing Mrs. Potts who says not to be late for dinner. You pass other teacups who are spinning and say "come on" and you are now able to spin your teacup around. You pass some dancing feather dusters (one of whom is being romanced by Lumiere), talking plates, drawers that open and close, twirling napkins, the footstool, who is peeking at the objects from under a table, as well as other objects. For the finale, you enter the dining roon which looks just like the "Be Our Guest" scene from th film. Cogsworth chimes in saying "Just in Time!" while the others dance and Lumiere sings from atop a giant cake and a giant Belle watches the show. Mrs. Potts tells you to go "Back to the cuboard" and you exit.

So how does this sound?

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Maurice's Workshop

Here is the last of the parks major attractions (currently, there's always room for expansion):

Maurice's Workshop can be found at the end of the main street in Belle's Village. Guests enter Belle and Maurice's cottage and proceed to the queue and holding area before enetring the Theater. When entering the Theater, they find themself in a theater that looks like Maurice's workshop. When the show starts, Maurice welcomes his guests and lets him know how happy it is to see them, explaining that no one else in town other than Belle has ever wanted to see any of his inventions. Suddenly, Gaston and his side kick Le Fou burst in, much to the suprise of Maurice. Behind Maurice's back, Gaston tells the audience that Belle's father is crazy and that if they want to have some real fun they should go to the Tavern and see his newest hunting trophies. Maurice, oblivious to Gaston's innvitation, begins his presentation of innventions. The first blows up in his face (literaly). The second doesn't work either, hurling eggs at the audience and spewing smoke. By this time, Gaston and Le Fou have had enough and are about to leave. Maurice pleeds for them not to go, and decides to show them his greatest invention: his log-chopping device. However, it hasn't had all the bugs worked out and the machine goes mad and heads toward the audience, ax chopping, Gaston grabs his shotgun and stops the machine, causing another explosion and parts fly everywhere. Gaston and Le Fou rush out, but Maurice is not discouraged and goes right back to fixing it, Guests then exit the theater as Mauric continues his work.

How does it sound? I'll start posting some of the gift shops and restaurants soon.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Storybook Square

OK, the shops and restaurants arn't the most thrilling part of the parks, but I'll start post it anyway, since I've done some work on them. Here's Storybook Square's:

Restaurants:
The Village Haus: Storybook Square's main full service restaurant. The dishes and decor have the theme of many different European nations including England, France, Italy, Germany, and others. Favorite Disney Villains like Hook, Cruella, and others appear for breakfast.

The Mad Hatter's Unbirthday Snacks: Refreshment stand based on The Mad Tea Party scene from Alice in Wonderland. Here, guests can have cake, cookies, ice cream and other sweets to celebrate their unbirthday.

Mulan's Tea House: Small restaurant neer the corner of Storybook Square is found in an oriental garden. Serves a variety of oriental dishes, tea, and snacks.

Shops:
Kingdom Emporium: Bigest gift shop in the park. Here, guests find a wide selection of souvenirs of the park and it's attractions, Character gifts, and toys.

King's Gallery: Home to a wide array of Fantasy themed merchendise and gifts including coo-coo clocks, swords, crystal sculptures, and glassware.

A Whole New World: This shop based on Aladdin and Jasmine's around-the-world carpet ride sells gifts of many of the countries represented in the park including France, Greece, Italy, and Germany.

Never Land: Themed to Peter Pan's home, there is a wide variety of toys, clothing for kids, and a selection of merchendise based on the newest Disney films.

House of De Vil: Named after the flaymbouant villainess of 101 Dalmatians, guests will find a wide variety of clothing and accesories for adults, including some with Disney characters.

Merlin's Workshop: Guests will find a wide variety of magic tricks here, along with merchednice based on the park's landmark, Storybook Tower.

Mr. Toad's Darkroom: This photo shop is decorated with photos of Rat, Mole, and all of Mr. Toad's freinds (photography is his new mania, you know).

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Mickey's Kingdom

On to Mickey's Kingdom:

Restaurants:
Happy Valley: Fast food restaurant decorated with murals on scenes from "Fun and Fancy Free." Guests dine on favorite foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, and other meals.

Princess Minnie's: Small stand neer the Sorcerer's Apprentice serves lemonaide, soft serve, and other snacks.

Kingdom Fruit Market: Outdoor market neer the entrance of the land serves a selection of fruit and juices.

Shops:
Sir Mickey's: Small emporium based on the short "The Brave Little Tailor" sells a selection of Mickey Mouse and Fantasmic merchendise.

Fantasia: Shop neer the Sorseror's Apprentice is decorated with characters from Fantasia. Home to Disney colectables and animation art.

Mickey's Christmas Caroll: Cozy Victorian Christmas shop based on the Disney featurette includes a large selection od Disney themed Christmas decorations.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Pleasure Island

Pleasure Island is next

Restaurants:
Monstro's Harbor House: This full service restaurant neer "EScape from Pleasure Island" has a seafood menu and a theme of the sea. The restaurant is decorated with fishing and whaling tools, ships in bottles and other instruments of the sea.

Pinnocchio Pizzaria: Festive restaurants serves some of the most famous dishes of Italian cuisine: pizza, pasta and others.

Cleo's: Little stand named after Geppetto's goldfish that sells Itailian pasteries along with coffe.

Shops:
Geppetto's Toy Shoppe: Based on Geppetto's shop from the film, guests will find a variety of toys based on Pinnocchio and other Disney characters.

Jimmany's: Gift shop at the exit of "Escape From Pleasure Island" where guests will find souvenirs of the atraction and Pleasure Island.

The Marionet: This shop includes gifts from Italy including glassware, porcelin figures, crystal, venitian masks, and the shop's namesake.

Pleasure Island Candies: Small shop neer the back of Pleasure Island includes a delicious assortment of candy and sweets.

Stromboli's Wagon: Small outdoor cart neer the Puppet Theater which sells an assortment of Disney pins.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Snow White's Forest

Here are the shops and restaurants planned for Snow White's Forest:

Restaurants:
Snow White's Kitchen: This little counter service restaurant neer the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage features sandwiches, braughtworst, strudle, pretzles, and other German specialties. Includes indoor seating and an outdoor picnic grounds.

Mine Refreshment: Drinks and snacks are served in this small stand neer the Dwarf's Diamond Mine.

Candy Cauldron: This shop in a smalll village area neer the castle includes freshly dipped candy apples and caremel corn.

Shops:
Dwarf's Mining Company: Another shop neer the mine sells merchendice based on Snow White and friends, as well as the neerby attractions.

The Wishing Well: This pretty shop includes a variety of German gifts such as nutcrackers, clocks, figurines, and others.

Magic Mirror: Another shop in the miniature village, this one allows guests to have their immage incerted into Disney moments with blue screen photography

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Ariel's World

On to Ariel's Grotto on land and sea:

Restaurants:
Eric's Galley: This restaurant located on Prince Eric's ship serves drinks, hot dogs, ice cream, and snacks.

Sabastain's Calypso Corner: Festive restaurant with an undersea atmosphere neer the "Under the Sea" theater. Includes tastes of the Caribnean.

Shops:
Skuttle's Landing: Nautical gifts and souvenirs in the village area neer Eric's castle and the exit to the Little Mermaid attraction.

Sleepy Whale Shoppe: Another concept borrowed from TDS, this shop in the Under the sea area resembles a sells Little Mermaid toys and merchenidce.

Whatsits Galore: Small shop also in the under the sea area that sells a selection of autograph books, film, totes, and sundries.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
100 Acre Woods

Restaurants and shops in Pooh's 100 Acre Woods:

Restaurants:
Rabbit's Garden: Counter Service restaurant with dining in the vegetable garden outside Rabbit's House. Icludes healthy and vegetarian meals.

Kanga's Poarch: Small stand at Kanga's house which serves peanut butter sandwiches, lemonade, and other snacks.

Shops:
Gophor's 100 Acre Company: A wide variety of Winnie-the-Pooh merchendice and souvenirs inside Gophor's tunnles.

Tresspasser's Will's: Another shop of Winnie the Pooh merchendice inside Piglet's house.

Owl's Country Crafts: Country crafts and gifts of the English Countryside can be found in Owl's toppled-over treehouse.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Hercules Plaza

On to Hercules Plaza:

Restaurants:
Speedy Pita: This counter service restaurant in the Plaza is an ancient Greek fast food restaurant. Includes pita raps, gyros, kabobs, and other flavors of Greece.

Hercul-ade: This drink stand can be found in the Agora (shopping and dining area on the plaza’s far right side).

Shopping:
The Hercules Store: This shop is home to a large selection of merchandise based on Hercules, his friends, and the nearby attractions such as Mount Olympus.

Phil’s Gym: Named after Herc’s trainer, this shop features a variety of sports-themed merchandise, including some with Disney characters.

The Big Olive: Named after the city of Thebes, the city where Hercules fought the Hydra, this shop is where guests can find many gifts of Greece.

The Underworld: This creepy shop themed to Hades’ Underworld is where a variety of merchandise themed to Disney Villains can be found.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Belle's Village

Here are the shopping and dining for the French-themed Belle’s Village:

Restaurants:
Lumiere’s: In a dining room based on the Beast’s grand ballroom, guests enjoy fine French food and dishes. Includes breakfast with Belle, her Prince, and other characters from Beauty and the Beast.

Village Patisserie: This quaint establishment near La Village Theatre is where guest will find an array of delicious French pastries and bake goods.

Mrs. Potts’s Cupboard: Small drink stand sells a variety of beverages including coffee, tea, and soft drinks near Chip’s Teacup Spin.

Shops:
Belle’s Book Store: Book store named after the famous heroine where guests find a variety of books, including some based on Disney films.

Chip’s Toy Shop: This is where guests will find many toys based on characters from Beauty and the Beast, along with other Disney films.

Cogsworth’s Timepieces: This shop named after the stuffy mantle clock includes a selection of watches, including limited edition and custom made timepieces.

Le Cuisine: French for “the kitchen”, guests will find a variety of French and Disney themed cookware and culinary items.

Le Chapeau: This small hat shop includes a variety of headgear, including character hats, Mickey Mouse ears, and monogramming.

Village Gifts: This is where guests will find a selection of merchandise based on the French countryside, along with some based on nearby attractions.

For now, that's it for shops and restaurants. Any sugestions, ideas, criticism? I'll be moving on to entertainment soon, but I'd love to hear about what you think so far.

meeko_33785

Original Poster
Well, I'm back from WDW, so I'll probably be posting here some more. I'll start posting more about the entertainment, but I still havn't thought up a parade that would work in this park. I'll continue posting a little latter, but how does it sound so far?

magicboy68

I have to say that your ideas are amazing, in-depth and just great. I have Ideas that you do not have to follow, just my opinion. I think that by making areas themed to movies, you are blocking yourself in. Storybook square was a really great idea. I have ideas sort of like yours, but different. lol. I really think your areas need to be generalized, especially for movies like Hercules(amazing movie. but not as popular as other classics). I would definitely keep storybook square. and mickey's kingdom. My ideas:
Have story book square look beautiful. Just breathtaking, with bricks, wandering minstrels, magical stores. Keep the clocktower. Have a ride inside hosted by Merlin. I think this ride should be like a tour. Each vehicle would be enclosed and contain a lot of people. It could be decorated (the car) very fantasy like. In side the vehicle would be a screen(like disney quest's entrance elevator screen)(it is 3-dimensional) -There is also an archimedes animatronic in the vehicle. Merlin welcomes everybody and tells them about the park. The ride is traveling underground and comes out at the border of one of the areas. The screen disapeard and you view this area while he is talking. Then you go to each area(the screen appears inbetween) and get a peak of them. I am sorry. It is hard to explain my ideas. The other areas in my ideas would include a folf lore area(paul bunyan, etc.), A forest area including snow white things. ...

meeko_33785

Original Poster
I think I see what your saying, but you're looking at the diffrent areas as "lands" like Magic Kingdom. There each land has a very broad theme (Frontier America, the Future, Exotic places of the world, ect.) The areas of this park are more like those at EPCOT, "pavillions" if you will, that have smaller topics (Health, Nutrition, Mexico, France, ect.) and fewer attractions that the lands of the Magic Kingdom. Also, expansion plans for this park would most likely add more "pavillions" insteed of adding more atractions to exhisting lands.

MilleniumRex

Great park, but....

I really do love this park. I think it's one of the most in-depth ideas I've seen on this board. however, some of the lands here seem a little weak, such as the hundred acre woods, and some with great potential, like Aladdin, were left out. I also think you may be boxing yourself in by only using disney movies as inspiration. But we might just have very different opinions about what makes a good park, as we saw by your post in the shadowlands. Keep on designing, we need more people with real imagination, and you do have a pretty good park here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom