Disney's report details deaths and injuries to the state

To put things in a bit of perspective (this was out of my own sheer curiosity)

Based on attendance averages in the Unofficial Guide in the last 2 1/2 years there have been approx 100,000,000 guests pass through the WDW parks.

The article states that 11 have died, that is 0.000011% of guests to WDW that die. I'm sorry, but that number is exceptionally low. I just love how things are slanted because it is Disney. It is a shame that anyone should die in WDW, but it is to be expected based on the sheer number people that pass through the parks.

Piebald

Clearly I have learned one thing from this post; YOU GET FREE BEER AT SEA WORLD???

I know it's owned by Anheuser Busch (sp?) but ... how does this work? Is it like the coke station at Epcot or what?

JML42691

To put things in a bit of perspective (this was out of my own sheer curiosity)

Based on attendance averages in the Unofficial Guide in the last 2 1/2 years there have been approx 100,000,000 guests pass through the WDW parks.

The article states that 11 have died, that is 0.000011% of guests to WDW that die. I'm sorry, but that number is exceptionally low. I just love how things are slanted because it is Disney. It is a shame that anyone should die in WDW, but it is to be expected based on the sheer number people that pass through the parks.
And of that 0.000011%, how many of them had health problems and still went on the ride ignoring the warnings. Or had health problems that they did not know about. I would say that Disney can probably not be blamed for any of the most recent deaths that made news. I cannot think of any incidents in DisneyWorld where Disney could be given the blame for injuries or deaths. The only thing that slightly comes to mind is the BTMR crash several years ago. But that was in DisneyLand and not the World.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Clearly I have learned one thing from this post; YOU GET FREE BEER AT SEA WORLD???

I know it's owned by Anheuser Busch (sp?) but ... how does this work? Is it like the coke station at Epcot or what?
Anheuser Busch hospitality center offers 2 free beer samples per day... but it's very possible to get more sample. Many more :D

ImaYoyo

Anheuser Busch hospitality center offers 2 free beer samples per day... but it's very possible to get more sample. Many more :D
And at times they offer samples of new products that come out or are To Be Released, such as Tilt and those AWEFUL Spikes. EWW those are nasty.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm not going to comment on the injuries in WDW. I'll note, however, that the risk of being killed or injured seems to be far greater on the drive to WDW than in the parks themselves. We should compare these risks in the context of other everyday risks we take without a second thought.

Len

crazydaveh

And at times they offer samples of new products that come out or are To Be Released, such as Tilt and those AWEFUL Spikes. EWW those are nasty.

You can get more beer in the "Beer Tasting" room as well. It's where Beer School used to be held, but they've changed it.

They're also offering more of the AB high end imports now... So good beer is flowing at SeaWorld! The hospitality house helps Shamu jump higher in my opinion!

boldlyreal

(sigh) I love SeaWorld............the stingrays I can't help myself and the frozen Doc Otis hard lemonade samples in the summer....I kind of liked the chocolate spike, I had it with Amberbock :lookaroun Is that spelled right? I also love the flex pay feature for the annual passes. I wish Disney had it!

T~

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ugh... the Spikes. I've never had to have a chaser after a beer based beverage until then

I actually bought a few cans of Tilt when it first came out cause... well... it was cheap and I had $3 cash on me.

I got the worst hangover from 2 cans of that.

ImaYoyo

ugh... the Spikes. I've never had to have a chaser after a beer based beverage until then

I actually bought a few cans of Tilt when it first came out cause... well... it was cheap and I had $3 cash on me.

I got the worst hangover from 2 cans of that.
We were on the 14th hole of Osprey last summer and the beverage cart came around. She didn't have any bud or budlight left, but she said she could go get some for us. We declined and took the cans of Orange Tilt... I couldn't stand the stuff but the rest of my foursome raved about it all day. BLEH!!!

As for the Spikes, DW got a sample of them when she was with clubs. Came with 3 of the melon, 5 or 6 of the chocolate and 2 lime. If I'm not mistaken, we still have 2 and 2/3 melon, 5 and 2/3 chocolate, and 1 and 2/3 lime siting in our liquor cabinet. Anyone want some Spikes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom