Disney's Q3 FY15 Earnings Results

ULPO46

Anyone notice the 10 dollar drop in Disney stock? On a side note I found the layoffs segment a little bit nerve wrecking because since I hadn't worked at my division for more than 5 years I feared that as a green horn, I'd get laid of since they believe the finance department uses to many benefits and on and so forth. How ever I feel safe for now.

ULPO46

The problem with the ESPN network and cable providers is that they are just greedy businesses. ESPN used to be a great business but now a days it's really the only division holding Disney down. I believe that Disney won't sell them for now, but drastic changes will come to ESPN soon. Hopefully those changes wont include rising the prices of subscription to the channel.

ULPO46

Was there any warning to investors about large upcoming park expenditures?
There was a memo sent out at the last shareholders meeting. Other than that its a hush hush thing thats making investors a little annoyed. Especially anyone who owns more than 100 shares.
BUT, the only way it makes 2 Billion+ is if it's really good.
That I recall none of the prequels or even the original for that matter made over 1 Billion dollars. Phantom Menace is the only one of the entire saga to actually hit 1 billion. Sure now the world is a lot wider and distribution is better. But it all depends how the movie is. I mean it's been ten years an I know and love J.J. Abrams film techniques but if this is like an other half assed Star Trek then don't expect it to be popular. I know that for older generation star wars brings back memories. But truth be told younger boys and girls don't care about Luke Skywalker and Company. Charts show at least 1.5 billion at the box office but will this film bring as much nostalgia and hype as way too many people are claiming, December 18 needs to come sooner. Still wonder how and why Avatar was the success that it was, but we shall wait and see what is to be with star wars, it's clearly safe to assume it wont be a flop, but it may not bring in the cash that corporate so desperately wants. It will just be a long commercial for all new Action figures and toys.

Mouse Trap

Looks like lots of profit-taking today.

Edit: Waitaminute. They missed expectations by a mere $130M in revenue? AYFKM?

Theme Parks are up, Studios are up and Media Networks are up. What the hell, yo?

Up close to 30% ytd before this move. Absolutely smashing the S&P, so unless Disney blew it out of the water AGAIN this quarter a big move was bound to happen. I actually think this $110 is a more stable price and I'd be buying up some more shares if my current Disney holdings didn't swell up and hog my portfolio the past few years.

As they say, buy on the rumor... sell on the news. Oh Wall Street...

Nubs70

Looks like lots of profit-taking today.

Edit: Waitaminute. They missed expectations by a mere $130M in revenue? AYFKM?

Theme Parks are up, Studios are up and Media Networks are up. What the hell, yo?
The MACD for $DIS looks like it hit a brick wall. Technical Analysis yields a bearish outlook.

FutureCEO

I totally didn't expect the drop of $10. Maybe $2 or so but not that. Wall Street is crazy. They beat earnings but only miss profits.

Mouse Trap

Just noticed Disney wasn't the only media company that got hit today. Their earnings shook up Comcast and Discovery pretty hard just to name a few.

Comcast down almost 5%
Discovery down 11%

The media industry is changing so rapidly, luckily I think Disney as a content creator has much to gain especially if they can package and distribute their channels in new ways.

Mouse Trap

Another sell-off today of DIS stock...

It's not just DIS. It's a selloff in media as a whole. Comcast, Fox, Time Warner, all getting carried away. It's about time this happened though, media has had a massive run-up the passed few years second only to biotech.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Did you see Wolf of Wall Street?

IgerWolf.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom