Disney's Q3 FY15 Earnings Results

Mouse Trap

Beat on the top line, very slight miss on the bottom line. All in all looks like another decent quarter for DIS. Stock price is taking a little stumble after hours, but this can be expected with such a large run-up Disney has had recently.

UpAllNight

$1billion domestic resort capital expenditure with $865million depreciation pretty much shows that they have just been treading water in terms of investing domestically, if I have interpreted the results correctly.

Mouse Trap

Glad Iger is discussing opening up to the idea of distributing ESPN direct to consumer. If I remember correctly 2-3 years ago he said there would never be such need. The cable box will become an obsolete technology sooner than many think and I'm glad the leader of one of the largest media companies in the world now sees that.

the.dreamfinder

I know nothing of China,but isn't this statement (somewhat) correct? I remember reading the original trilogy was available for the first time this year in China.
Only as a special retrospective at the Shanghai International Film Festival which the company overhyped in the Western media. Disney doesn't want Wall St., who they have already overhyped on what "Force Awakens" should gross, to realize a MASSIVE market like China might not turn out when the film comes out.

Mouse Trap

Only as a special retrospective at the Shanghai International Film Festival which the company overhyped in the Western media. Disney doesn't want Wall St., who they have already overhyped on what "Force Awakens" should gross, to realize a MASSIVE market like China might not turn out when the film comes out.

Gotcha. But at this point other than a record smashing performance across all categories will put Star Wars in the shortfall category. I feel expectations are already through the roof. Every analyst is putting the low end of gross at 1.5-1.7 billion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom