Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

OG Runner

Thinking about possibly going for a virtual half or challenge in this weekend. Just so I could have a race in between Marathon Weekend and Springtime Surprise to keep me motivated.
Hi, I really do not mean to give you a hard time, but have you ever run an actual, in person, Disney race?
I have seen you do the training and have run a lot of virtual races. I think anyone that has participated in
a race at Disney World will tell you there is nothing like an in person Disney race. Running through your
neighborhood on your own just doesn't compare to running through Cinderella's Castle with a few thousand
friends. If it is money, save up by not doing all of the virtual races and experience the reality of RunDisney.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hi, I really do not mean to give you a hard time, but have you ever run an actual, in person, Disney race?
I have seen you do the training and have run a lot of virtual races. I think anyone that has participated in
a race at Disney World will tell you there is nothing like an in person Disney race. Running through your
neighborhood on your own just doesn't compare to running through Cinderella's Castle with a few thousand
friends. If it is money, save up by not doing all of the virtual races and experience the reality of RunDisney.

What does it matter if he has been doing virtual or live races? He is out there, training and participating in a way that works for him at this time in his life. He’s been pretty clear in his posts that his virtual race participation has helped him get into shape and that he uses these race to keep him motivated for his ultimate goal which IS to participate in a live runDisney race.

OG Runner

What does it matter if he has been doing virtual or live races? He is out there, training and participating in a way that works for him at this time in his life. He’s been pretty clear in his posts that his virtual race participation has helped him get into shape and that he uses these race to keep him motivated for his ultimate goal which IS to participate in a live runDisney race.
I tried my best to let him know that it does not matter, while at the same time trying to put forth how much I think he would really enjoy
doing an in person event. I did the Lion King virtual challenge this Summer for both myself and my girlfriend. It was about $145.00 each.
You know I have been on these boards for a while and I know Surferboy567 has done a lot of virtual races, usually even opting for the challenges. I just thought I would put it out there again, that I think he would enjoy an in person race more than the virtual races. I think
most people here would admit running a race through the parks is cooler, more fun, more exciting, than running through our own neighborhoods. Reread my post. I never said it mattered, I just had a question. You were nice to "defend" him but there was really no need to.

Surferboy567

Nope, but the 2022 Springtime Surprise will be my first LIVE runDisney event.
He is out there, training and participating in a way that works for him at this time in his life. He’s been pretty clear in his posts that his virtual race participation has helped him get into shape and that he uses these race to keep him motivated for his ultimate goal which IS to participate in a live runDisney race.
Bingo, couldn’t of said it better myself. The goal is to run them LIVE but in the meantime (as well as race weekends I can’t be there) virtuals are definitely a great option.

OG Runner

Nope, but the 2022 Springtime Surprise will be my first LIVE runDisney event.

Bingo, couldn’t of said it better myself. The goal is to run them LIVE but in the meantime (as well as race weekends I can’t be there) virtuals are definitely a great option.
That really is fantastic and you know you will have a lot of support here. I really do wish though people would really read what I write
before assuming I was trying to give you a hard time or be judgmental. I wasn't. I really think you will enjoy the live event.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That really is fantastic and you know you will have a lot of support here. I really do wish though people would really read what I write
before assuming I was trying to give you a hard time or be judgmental. I wasn't. I really think you will enjoy the live event.
You may not have meant that but reading your post it does come across that way.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hi! New here and first time Disney runner.

I saw Wine & Dine had an after party and I’m trying to find out if the Princess weekend does?

Any ideas?

Thank you 😊

The only Post Race Party is the one following the W&D Half.

However, if runDisney would like to add a party to each race weekend, that would be lovely. It would be great to have MK all to ourselves Sunday evening of the Princess Half.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wow! Good luck! Still very much working on my running!!! Completing the 5k will be a big achievement for me 😬🤞

The 5K is so much fun. A piece of advice. If you are planning on a costume, make sure to wear it during one of your training runs. You don't want to find out race morning that something is uncomfortable.

runDisney has a YouTube channel. There are short videos of prior race weekends so you can get an idea of what type of costumes runners wear.

Wine&Disney

The 5K is so much fun. A piece of advice. If you are planning on a costume, make sure to wear it during one of your training runs. You don't want to find out race morning that something is uncomfortable.

runDisney has a YouTube channel. There are short videos of prior race weekends so you can get an idea of what type of costumes runners wear.
I am running the Princess 10k and it’s Princess Tiana so I am wearing a Mardi Gras style outfit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom