Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Surferboy567

I’ve been experimenting with possible ways to document my virtual race weekends. This time around I’m going to try and document it in one big post like this and see how it goes.

As always, it was very important to me that whenever I take on a challenge I want to “honor” that challenge. This being no different, I went in trying to run all virtual weekends like I was actually there so consecutive days. Something to say I am happy that I was able to complete.

Anyways with all the talk out of the way here are my stats for this virtual fairytale challenge and 5K:

runDisney 2023 Virtual - Disney Princess 5K - February 18

Time: 36:33
Distance: 3.11 miles
Avg Pace: 11:45

runDisney 2023 Virtual - Disney Princess Enchanted 10K - February 19

Time: 01:16:08
Distance: 6.21 miles
Avg Pace: 12:15

runDisney 2023 Virtual - Disney Princess Half Marathon - February 20

Time: 02:49:21
Distance: 13.12 miles
Avg Pace: 12:55

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Surferboy567 - Just curious: do you also try to run them at (more or less) the same time each day or do you run at a random time that works into your schedule? I think mostly I am asking about how much recovery time you had between your virtual races. An impressive feat to do a virtual challenge on consecutive days, since no one but yourself would know if you did or didn’t, so kudos on the self motivation!

Surferboy567

@Surferboy567 - Just curious: do you also try to run them at (more or less) the same time each day or do you run at a random time that works into your schedule? I think mostly I am asking about how much recovery time you had between your virtual races. An impressive feat to do a virtual challenge on consecutive days, since no one but yourself would know if you did or didn’t, so kudos on the self motivation!
Thanks! Not really at the exact same time but they are pretty close. I normally go out for a run in that 10 AM - 2:00 PM timeframe.

To better answer your question for this weekend:

5K: 12:53 PM
10K: 2:00 PM
Half: 11:39 AM

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Quick update for all virtual runners: There are a few changes on how time is submitted. First off, bibs are available in accounts. When you go to submit your time AS PART OF THE CHALLENGE, they now ask where you ran your race. Options range from trail, road, treadmill etc. This question is NOT asked when submitting time for the 5K. Once you submit your times you will now receive THREE finisher certificates. One for the 10K, One for the Half, and One for the full challenge. The one for the full challenge I don’t remember seeing as part of virtual races only in person I like this change a lot.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
My first princess was a success. I expected worse in terms of the crowds and personalities but it wasn’t bad at all. I wouldn’t rule this weekend out in the future.
Congrats on your race success! I was there too and thought the same. I was blown away this time with the amount of people (family, friends and volunteers) cheering runners on everywhere. It was wonderful to see that.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
This is really nice to see.
My mom came with me this year and she stood near the Beach Club for the 10K and the crowd around her were spotting for me and cheering me on. And then for the half she was in MK and the people around her also doing the same, they all were cheering each others runner along.
Just a positive time from me, though I did start in A and B and we weren't really running on-top of each other like I saw in the later groups.
I'm gonna do Princess next year, prob just the half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom