Disney's Paperman

bsiev1977

Has Disney ever put black and white characters in the parks like Steamboat Mickey? Although extremely unlikely I think these guys would fit well in Main Street :D

As much as I LOVED Paperman when I saw it, I don't see how that many people would want to see these characters, or how they would even put them out there. Again, loved Wreck it Ralph, and thought Paperman was a beautiful short.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Has Disney ever put black and white characters in the parks like Steamboat Mickey? Although extremely unlikely I think these guys would fit well in Main Street :D

Steamboat Mickey drives the Steamboat during Fantasmic on both coasts.
images
images

juniorthomas

I love the short, but these characters would not work in the parks. Not enough people would recognize them.

While they may not fit in the parks alone, maybe they'd fit in via a show of some form. Could be a little side show street performance off Main Street or something slightly larger. It's a nice little story that could easily be represented in a variety of show lengths.

Timekeeper

Jack is in black and white:

d89974985ff363dd2e9c2f6021e6d6b6.JPG

Well, it sounds like the OP was inquiring more about black and white characters in general, and not specifically suggesting that these two (paper) characters be the ones added to the meet and greet roster.

I think it would be pretty cool to have some monochromatic characters appear in special "throwback" environments (the background environment would have to be decorated so as to provide a logical reason for the alternative appearance of the characters). Maybe have a special area for "vintage" Mickey...

juniorthomas

I think they'd fit in Hollywood Studios, and that they should be put there, as they are both new and can be blend well with the classic Hollywood era.

Absolutely. Maybe that puts them more in the Carthay Circle area at DL? Either way, I think they could make a place for them easily.

dreamfinder

I do believe that Steamboat Mickey made/makes appearances at DLR in Mickey's house at times.

Beyond that, holy schnikies. Hadn't seen the short yet, style/story reminded me of a Ghibli production. The music towards the end shifted away from that feeling, but that was still an impressive short.

AndyS2992

Original Poster
Well, it sounds like the OP was inquiring more about black and white characters in general, and not specifically suggesting that these two (paper) characters be the ones added to the meet and greet roster.

Yup :) I think B&W characters would fit well in DHS or a corner in Main Street and I think it would be interesting to see them in a B&W colored environment where the only colors present would be the guests.

juniorthomas

Yup :) I think B&W characters would fit well in DHS or a corner in Main Street and I think it would be interesting to see them in a B&W colored environment where the only colors present would be the guests.

Agreed. This would be really fun and different. They would stand out (in a good way)

Genie of the Lamp

Paperman should definitely be included in the WIR BLU-RAY. No, these characters shouldn't be incorporated into the parks as they only had 5-10 minutes of acutal face time. If Paperman doesn't win Best Animated Short at the Oscars, there is something seriously wrong with the system that exists within the Academy voting council. I mean they are really screwing us over lately. Almost there should've won Original Song, I See the Light should've won Original Song are two obvious ones that Disney got screwed over on and o yeah none of the Enchanted songs won Original Song either. They must hate Menken now or something. On a final note, I seriously pray and hope WIR whoops Brave for Best Animated Feature cause Brave was meh and WIR was awesome and really suprised me on how good it turned out to be. Would be okay to if Frankenweenie won BAA too, but lets be honest, that movie don't stand a chance.

bubbles1812

Paperman should definitely be included in the WIR BLU-RAY. No, these characters shouldn't be incorporated into the parks as they only had 5-10 minutes of acutal face time. If Paperman doesn't win Best Animated Short at the Oscars, there is something seriously wrong with the system that exists within the Academy voting council. I mean they are really screwing us over lately. Almost there should've won Original Song, I See the Light should've won Original Song are two obvious ones that Disney got screwed over on and o yeah none of the Enchanted songs won Original Song either. They must hate Menken now or something. On a final note, I seriously pray and hope WIR whoops Brave for Best Animated Feature cause Brave was meh and WIR was awesome and really suprised me on how good it turned out to be. Would be okay to if Frankenweenie won BAA too, but lets be honest, that movie don't stand a chance.
None of the Enchanted songs should have won IMO. The song that won that year, Falling Slowly, from Once was an absolutely beautiful song that summed up that movie so well. The Enchanted songs were cute but no where near the caliber of Falling Slowly.

I See The Light was a very nice song as well. I thought it was better than what won... Think the academy just loves Randy Newman, who I am not a fan of generally. However, I don't think that even though I very much liked the song that its that great a song compared to other Disney "ballads" of old. I think people's like of it is colored by the absolute gorgeous animation sequence. As a song by itself, it's no, say Beauty and the Beast. The other selections weren't that strong though either so I guess I'd say it might have been the best.

Almost There.. I have mixed feelings about. Like I said I'm no fan of Newman but the songs in princess and the frog were some of his least annoying. Not that that says much. I'd honestly have to go back and listen to that year's winner and watch it in context before I made a judgement. I wouldn't necessarily call any of the Disney songs not winning a screw job though. Sometimes there just are better songs.

Genie of the Lamp

None of the Enchanted songs should have won IMO. The song that won that year, Falling Slowly, from Once was an absolutely beautiful song that summed up that movie so well. The Enchanted songs were cute but no where near the caliber of Falling Slowly.

I See The Light was a very nice song as well. I thought it was better than what won... Think the academy just loves Randy Newman, who I am not a fan of generally. However, I don't think that even though I very much liked the song that its that great a song compared to other Disney "ballads" of old. I think people's like of it is colored by the absolute gorgeous animation sequence. As a song by itself, it's no, say Beauty and the Beast. The other selections weren't that strong though either so I guess I'd say it might have been the best.

Almost There.. I have mixed feelings about. Like I said I'm no fan of Newman but the songs in princess and the frog were some of his least annoying. Not that that says much. I'd honestly have to go back and listen to that year's winner and watch it in context before I made a judgement. I wouldn't necessarily call any of the Disney songs not winning a screw job though. Sometimes there just are better songs.

Yeah I completely forgot that Falling slowly was in the running that year. I thought it was up for the award the year before the Enchanted songs. Yeah you got me on that point that was a great song.

Yeah the academy loves Newman esp. cause Lasseter has his connections with the Academy. Menken has clearly stated that he doesn't really care anymore if he wins another award and recommends that he lets other live their shining moment. Yeah it ain't the Disney "ballads" of old, but you have to look at the songs put on the table, not compare it to songs of the past which is what you later stated.

Almost There was a great song to me, but it's ok that we have different opinions. I just feel that way cause in the end I want Disney to succeed and deserve credit whenever they are given the opportunity to do so the right way. Yeah their are better songs so you have to acknowledge that as well.

Yes, I am a Menken fanboi for life and he has made my Disney life so magical and behind the Sherman Bros is the next greatest musical genius to write songs in the antimated realm. Newman, yeah he aint that great and with the exception of a few songs, I find them to be annoying as well. Yeah, the songs of today aint what they used to be, but Enchanted and Tangled proved that Menken has still got it and always had that musical genius in him. Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed, constructive response to my post bubbles. Much appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom