Disney's Next Acquisition Speculation / Discussion

Twilight_Roxas

Not what I meant. I’m referring to this IP that is own by Lucasfilm, and Jim Henson that Disney could regain if acquiring Sony.
718uGgB6XiL._SY679_.jpg

Darkprime

Original Poster
Sony are kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place if they ever want to sell out tho. The Spider-Man rights make things complicated. If Apple or someone else wanted to buy them specifically for spider-man they couldn't because they would lose those rights the moment they announced a deal. Which means SPE as a whole company loses that much more value. Jumanji, Men in Black, Bloodshot,Underworld, The smurfs, aren't exactly lucrative IP. When a potential buyer finds out they wont be able to get spider-man because of contract complications its going to turn most potential buyers away. Which means if Sony ever wanted to sell they really have no choice but to sell to Disney. The problem is whether or not it would get government approval. And if Disney would even have the cash for it. I could see SPE being worth around at least 40 Billion.

brodie999

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man just disappeared from Sony Crackle and Sony's promoting Disney+ now. So it looks more and more likely that they'll indeed be Disney's next acquisition.

brodie999

It's the truth. I'll send you the link along with the factors why Sony could be Disney's next purchase.

Attachments

• 95884312_1117425545279984_2739172301340672000_o.jpg
    95884312_1117425545279984_2739172301340672000_o.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 96292070_3525568794123086_7882927913597665280_n.jpg
    96292070_3525568794123086_7882927913597665280_n.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

brodie999

How about I write them on here?

I have this crazy theory about who Disney will buy next. I personally believe they will go for Sony Pictures....let me explain

-First off, after making their second deal with Sony in September 27, 2019, Disney/Marvel now has 25% of the rights to Spider-Man films. Basically they own a chunk of Sony Pictures's most valuable IP.
-Secondly, on that same day, oddly enough, Disney made another deal with Sony to have their channels on Sony's now-defunct PlayStation Vue. On that exact day their relationship grew more than it did with the first deal.
-Thirdly, Disney had licensed some of their characters exclusively to Sony for games (such as Marvel's Spider-Man, Iron Man VR, and Predator).
-Following the shutdown of PlayStation Vue, Hulu became the live tv streaming service for Sony/PS4. Speaking of television, FX has been (and still is) buying broadcasting rights to most Sony films.

Although it may seem more likely that another company could buy Sony Pictures in the near future, there's no denying that Disney and Sony's relationship has gotten stronger. This may not happen, but the impossible has happened before

It’s all been leading to this. Watch #StarWars: The Clone Wars’ final season unfold with more color and contrast. #DisneyPlus ( #Sony4KHDR X800H HDR LED Smart Android TV.) http://bit.ly/SonyTVX800H

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How about I write them on here?

I have this crazy theory about who Disney will buy next. I personally believe they will go for Sony Pictures....let me explain

-First off, after making their second deal with Sony in September 27, 2019, Disney/Marvel now has 25% of the rights to Spider-Man films. Basically they own a chunk of Sony Pictures's most valuable IP.
-Secondly, on that same day, oddly enough, Disney made another deal with Sony to have their channels on Sony's now-defunct PlayStation Vue. On that exact day their relationship grew more than it did with the first deal.
-Thirdly, Disney had licensed some of their characters exclusively to Sony for games (such as Marvel's Spider-Man, Iron Man VR, and Predator).
-Following the shutdown of PlayStation Vue, Hulu became the live tv streaming service for Sony/PS4. Speaking of television, FX has been (and still is) buying broadcasting rights to most Sony films.

Although it may seem more likely that another company could buy Sony Pictures in the near future, there's no denying that Disney and Sony's relationship has gotten stronger. This may not happen, but the impossible has happened before

It’s all been leading to this. Watch #StarWars: The Clone Wars’ final season unfold with more color and contrast. #DisneyPlus ( #Sony4KHDR X800H HDR LED Smart Android TV.) http://bit.ly/SonyTVX800H

I love how people turn a marketing campaign for a Sony TV as an indication of Disney buying Sony Pictures.

While I think its possible Disney may make a play for Sony Pictures in the near future, this is not a smoking gun or even any type of indication. Its simply two companies collaborating on a marketing campaign nothing more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

brodie999

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The rumor around the camp fire is that Holland will remain in the MCU, with no crossover to the Sony Spiderverse. But that in exchange for that the MCU will bring a former Spider-Man in for a cameo via WandaVison/Doctor Strange 2 which will reboot that Spider-Man into the Sony Spiderverse (or whatever they're calling it now) and allow the connection to the MCU.

Sony realizes it needs the connection to the MCU, but still wants to remain separated. Basically have its Spider-cake and eat it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom