News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

skipperdan

I have a feeling that people from other countries that are visiting WDW, do have cell phone connectivity and Internet. BTW, non-LAN lines have been more popular outside of the US for a while since some countries never had the infrastructure for LAN lines.
As someone from the UK there is always a question with whether your data connection will work. Data roaming costs a small fortune and most phone makers switch it off by default for this reason (this stumps a lot of people who don't travel often).

I also remember having a difficult time using the Uber app in other countries. Despite previously using it in the UK, it wouldn't let me use my credit card when I was in HKDL and kept erroring (this was a few years back).

If I was arriving at MCO I would like to prebook transportation to just have that peace of mind. Imagine turning up at MCO on a flight from the UK, waiting in line at immigration for 2/3 hours and then attempt to get a rideshare (probably at the same time the other 400 people from your flight are trying).

Personally, Uber/Lyft wouldn't work for me due to the lack of child car seats. It would be great if the Minnie vans came back but they were pretty expensive. So with a lack of other options, I will probably be using the Mears service next time.

Waters Back Side

Did ME really take your luggage off the carousel? Why do not I not remember this? I remember walking with luggage to the ME waiting area and they take your luggage from you and the next time you see it is in your room. It was still pretty quick and convenient. I have no recollection they actually took it off the carousel for you.

James Alucobond

Did ME really take your luggage off the carousel? Why do not I not remember this? I remember walking with luggage to the ME waiting area and they take your luggage from you and the next time you see it is in your room. It was still pretty quick and convenient. I have no recollection they actually took it off the carousel for you.
Yes. It would simply arrive in your room at some point later. You only had to worry about your carry on.

Wendy Pleakley

It never got to the carousel. They collected the bags behind the scenes.

If you brought your bag with you to ME you'd be boarding a bus that already had previous guests luggage loaded, so yours would still be delivered later rather than it being on the same bus as you.

ImperfectPixie

If you brought your bag with you to ME you'd be boarding a bus that already had previous guests luggage loaded, so yours would still be delivered later rather than it being on the same bus as you.
We always made a point of bringing our luggage with us because then it was always on our bus and arrived at our resort with us. No waiting for it to appear later.

TransportationGuy

This is not accurate. Bags Inc pulled the luggage off the belts after it came up and took the luggage to waiting bag trucks on large rack that were then simply rolled off at the appropriate resort. The only luggage under the bus itself was brought by guests and could get quite substantial if completely full. Any magical delivery bags would be dropped at the room somewhere between two and four hours later.

lewisc

DME tagged luggage was pulled off the tarmac and directly trucked to the DME sorting facility.

Bags Inc employees pulled luggage off the carosel which got missed. Bags also checked the unclaimed luggage office.

skipperdan

Baggage wasn't collected for international flights and I never had any problem getting the baggage on the same bus as us - but that could be to do with time. Flights from the UK tend to land early afternoon and once you are through immigration it's more like early evening.

witandwander

Seasoned rental car renters, what’s the cheapest I could expect to rent a car for a family of 5 for 6 nights (Tuesday-Tuesday) in early May?

I’m trying to determine if the cost would be THAT much more than the Mears (which if I book right now is $120, but will probably go up before our trip), but I don’t have much experience with rental cars.

TransportationGuy

Seasoned rental car renters, what’s the cheapest I could expect to rent a car for a family of 5 for 6 nights (Tuesday-Tuesday) in early May?

I’m trying to determine if the cost would be THAT much more than the Mears (which if I book right now is $120, but will probably go up before our trip), but I don’t have much experience with rental cars.
For a one week rental including fees and taxes, somewhere around $600 as a rock bottom, you got a deal type of situation,

Last edited:

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Shop around and look for discounts. There can be a sizable difference in what different companies charge for similar vehicles which becomes even more noticeable when renting anything that can comfortably fit more than 4 ppl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom