News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

seabreezept813

Yes, of course. I just don't understand why women especially feel they have to bring their closet on vacation.
I will say this as we usually visit in August. You typically need 2 outfits for most park days because of just being drenched in sweat. And I do think we brought like 20 outfits for my 1.5 year old cuz they just go through clothes like crazy at that age from potty and food accidents, sweating etc.

Chi84

Premium Member
I will say this as we usually visit in August. You typically need 2 outfits for most park days because of just being drenched in sweat. And I do think we brought like 20 outfits for my 1.5 year old cuz they just go through clothes like crazy at that age from potty and food accidents, sweating etc.
We’re the same way, although the kids are adults now. We change from park T-shirts to something nicer for dinner so we bring extra clothes. I don’t know how much we’re paying per hour for our time at WDW, but there’s no way I’m spending any of it doing laundry. That’s just me - I know others have no issue with it.

drizgirl

We’re the same way, although the kids are adults now. We change from park T-shirts to something nicer for dinner so we bring extra clothes. I don’t know how much we’re paying per hour for our time at WDW, but there’s no way I’m spending any of it doing laundry. That’s just me - I know others have no issue with it.
Me either.

_CJ

We used ME 4 times last year. We had to drag our own stuff to the buses on most of those trips. I’m saddened by these announcements, but MEARS has been running those buses, and it sounds like they’ll continue to run those buses, probably with the same drivers on the same routes. It’ll just be a matter of reservations and payment.

raymusiccity

We used ME 4 times last year. We had to drag our own stuff to the buses on most of those trips. I’m saddened by these announcements, but MEARS has been running those buses, and it sounds like they’ll continue to run those buses, probably with the same drivers on the same routes. It’ll just be a matter of reservations and payment.
Payments will certainly become a sore point for large families. Right now it's absorbed into the price of your hotel or DVC stay. The train will be the furthest mode of transportation to to be of any help. Projected fares look scary: "By 2023, Brightline expects to achieve an average fare of $100 from Miami to Orlando, and $45 from Miami to West Palm Beach." No word on fare from MCO to Disney Springs. Brightline is not a shuttle service, so, good luck waiting in line for the next train!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know. I was just referencing the part of your post that said "the rental counters are nearby." Hertz is even better - you just go to where the cars are parked (with the keys in the ignition) pick out the one you want and check out on the way out of the lot.

My point was that without the Magical Express handling large numbers of guests, there will be a lot more congestion at the airport - more people waiting for luggage, renting cars, getting into Ubers, etc. It won't be as uncrowded and easy as it is now, with the buses handling so much of the transportation. Hopefully, a new system will come into place before this happens.
It’s worth remembering MCO currently has duplicate rental car facilities for A and B sides.

And the south terminal soon.

spock8113

Time after time, service after service, Disney cuts everything that makes people want to come to the parks.
First it was annual passes, now the Magical Express.
It screams, "We're losing money!" Pathetic, sad and shows how business people should not be allowed to operate Walt's aspiration of "affordable family fun." Adieux, Disney. It was fun while it lasted.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My I've really only been to the All Stars but where on earth do they plan to have the Uber/Lyft drop offs and pick ups? Their front drive is already busy. People will need to exit; grandma and her cane might not be very fast. The car seats have to be taken out. Luggage taken out.
I dare say should ride shares become the norm parking lot space will be rearranged to accommodate.

dreday3

Yes, of course. I just don't understand why women especially feel they have to bring their closet on vacation.

I like options. We are there 9 nights. Change of weather during when we go - can go from hot to chilly.
I like shoes. I don't wear the same pair the whole trip. That's not even good for your feet.
I don't wear the same thing all day. I change before we go out to dinner or to another park at night.
I don't want to do laundry on vacation.

I even bought a luggage scale to make sure I don't have one suitcase go over 50lbs! :D (shoes can bump it up you know)

Two of us have 3 pieces of luggage total (one big, one medium, one smaller), with our own backpack of stuff on the plane. I can assure you it's not my whole closet, but definitely more than a couple of shirts and one or two pairs of pants. And he packs just as much!

I will miss ME because weirdly I thought it was a fun way to start the trip.
We will just use an uber now. It's just the two of us so a ride from MCO to the hotel would be roughly $30.

Last edited:

unmitigated disaster

I like options. We are there 9 nights. Change of weather during when we go - can go from hot to chilly.
I like shoes. I don't wear the same pair the whole trip. That's not even good for your feet.
I don't wear the same thing all day. I change before we go out to dinner or to another park at night.
I don't want to do laundry on vacation.

I even bought a luggage scale to make sure I don't have one suitcase go over 50lbs! :D (shoes can bump it up you know)

Two of us have 3 pieces of luggage total (one big, one medium, one smaller), with our own backpack of stuff on the plane. I can assure you it's not my whole closet, but definitely more than a couple of shirts and one or two pairs of pants. And he packs just as much!

I will miss ME because weirdly I thought it was a fun way to start the trip.
We will just use an uber now. It's just the two of us so a ride from MCO to the hotel would be roughly $30.
Eh. I wear my New Balance tennis shoes almost exclusively - I buy ones for my foot type - and my feet are fine. Changing shoes is probably good if you're buying for style rather than support. I take a windbreaker and I'm good. In the unlikely event I get cold if there's one thing I can get at Disney it's clothes.

DME was great for my dad - he's 91 - for the luggage alone. Plus it's nice to get off the plane and realize you can leave the driving and navigating to someone else.

jaklgreen

Eh. I wear my New Balance tennis shoes almost exclusively - I buy ones for my foot type - and my feet are fine. Changing shoes is probably good if you're buying for style rather than support. I take a windbreaker and I'm good. In the unlikely event I get cold if there's one thing I can get at Disney it's clothes.

DME was great for my dad - he's 91 - for the luggage alone. Plus it's nice to get off the plane and realize you can leave the driving and navigating to someone else.

I'm the same with shoes. I have worked on my feet for over 30 years and I have to wear a supportive walking shoe. I have the one type that fits me perfect and supports my feet. I don't change my shoes out because it would just be the same shoe. I do change my socks out though. I agree that if you have to constantly change your shoes out throughout the day, then you are buying the wrong shoes.

dreday3

I'm the same with shoes. I have worked on my feet for over 30 years and I have to wear a supportive walking shoe. I have the one type that fits me perfect and supports my feet. I don't change my shoes out because it would just be the same shoe. I do change my socks out though. I agree that if you have to constantly change your shoes out throughout the day, then you are buying the wrong shoes.

I like shoes. I dont like to wear the same pair everyday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom