News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

UNCgolf

Two days will require skipping a good number of things... or doing COVID schedule where they don't have most of their entertainment.
It almost is all of WDW in a fraction of the space when it comes to attractions and nighttime entertainment. Spend 3 days or prepare for full commando mode.

There are a lot of attractions I'm okay skipping -- there's almost nothing I care about doing in DCA beyond RSR and Soarin', but I'd only do the latter if it's Soarin' Over California instead of the world. Grizzly River Run is the only other ride in that park I'm interested in, but wouldn't be upset if I missed it.

I think I'd try to do a few hours at DCA one day to just walk around and see it along with those two or three rides (hopefully) and then spend the rest of that day and one other full day at Disneyland. As long as I can get in the Fantasyland dark rides, POTC, and Indy at DL proper I'd probably be happy, although there are several other things I would really like to do. Most everything else is stuff I wouldn't really be upset if I missed, even if I'd ideally like to do/see it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There are a lot of attractions I'm okay skipping -- there's almost nothing I care about doing in DCA beyond RSR and Soarin', but I'd only do the latter if it's Soarin' Over California instead of the world. Grizzly River Run is the only other ride in that park I'm interested in, but wouldn't be upset if I missed it.

I think I'd try to do a few hours at DCA one day to just walk around and see it along with those two or three rides (hopefully) and then spend the rest of that day and one other full day at Disneyland. As long as I can get in the Fantasyland dark rides, POTC, and Indy at DL proper I'd probably be happy, although there are several other things I would really like to do. Most everything else is stuff I wouldn't really be upset if I missed, even if I'd ideally like to do/see it.

dca is worthy. Skipping it (including carsland) would be a big mistake.

UNCgolf

dca is worthy. Skipping it (including carsland) would be a big mistake.

I'm not planning to skip it -- just planning to spend half a day there. Can't see how I'd need more than that when there are only two or maybe three attractions I'd want to ride. Doesn't take that long to walk around and explore everything if you're not waiting in line.

unmitigated disaster

I doubt I'll have time to get over there for more than two days. I'm sure I could spend at least two days in Disneyland alone, but I'll have other things I have to do while I'm there.

I'm assuming I can skip Galaxy's Edge since it and the one at DHS are basically clones, right? I think nearly everything else is different from the Orlando version, except maybe the Jungle Cruise. I don't even really like the JC but I feel like I'd have to go on it in Disneyland as one of the original rides regardless.

Actually I guess I could skip Soarin' at DCA if they're doing Around the World. I think they sometimes go back to the California version, though, and I would definitely like to see that. I'd also definitely skip Little Mermaid and Toy Story Midway Mania.
Jungle Cruise is different at Disneyland.

I don't get why Disney can't offer the Magical Express as a paid option. An extra $10 or $15 bucks a person? Yeah, the luggage alone makes that worth it for me.

JoeCamel

Jungle Cruise is different at Disneyland.

I don't get why Disney can't offer the Magical Express as a paid option. An extra $10 or $15 bucks a person? Yeah, the luggage alone makes that worth it for me.
Mears does, no luggage but Disney wasn't paying $10-$15 for your luggage handling either, welcome to the new world order where all costs are outfront and there is no opt out.

RSoxNo1

Fair point. But believe me WDW is my number one love by far. That’s why it hurts so much to be going off it thanks to the way it’s run. We found better value for our money in Disneyland (despite admission being what felt higher) and DLP (where we stay in the bubble - much like you do in Orlando I’d imagine - until flying home)

But value for money is certainly in the eye of the beholder.
Personally, I really only have objections to what's being done in EPCOT. Sure, mistakes have been made in the other parks, but EPCOT is really what's objectionable to me.

Dutch Inn '76

I dontl't find that reasonable at all. Then again the more I think about it I don't fit into any of the Disney fan groups. IMO there is 3 main Disney fan groups. 1 is the family with young kids. 2nd is the 40 to 60 group that don't do thrill rides and grew up going to Disney yearly as a child. The 3rd is the empty nesters that go just for the festivals and ride the occasional attraction.

For me I am 41 and my child is 1. Right now Disney isn't in my plans til she is 4 or 5 and can enjoy the parks. As most know I love my coasters and thrill rides. Part of which I enjoy Universal more. The other part is the lack of planning involved for Universal. I can show up and buy my express pass and ride what I want whenever I want.
$100-125 isn't "reasonable at all," but you're willing to "show up and buy an express pass and ride whatever" you want. Do that today at USO and it'll cost you $229.99. I'm confused. ;)

Jrb1979

$100-125 isn't "reasonable at all," but you're willing to "show up and buy an express pass and ride whatever" you want. Do that today at USO and it'll cost you $229.99. I'm confused. ;)
I wouldn't pay that price either for an express pass at Universal.

Here's the thing for me. When I go to any parks and not just Disney I look for deals to get in. I never go to Florida parks in the summer ever as that's when it costs the most. I go to Florida parks in January or February. Universal usually does a buy 2 days get 2 days free which makes the ticket cost about $60 a day.

The only other parks I go to are Cedar Fair parks which I have a platinum pass for and it costs me $200 for the year.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Was THIS ever discussed?

That will run a handful of times a day to a terminal near but not in Disney Springs and will only be convenient if you happen to land near one of those times, and convenience is probably overselling it because you’ll still need to get from Disney Springs to your resort and the resort buses aren’t designed to carry luggage.

It’s intended to carry people to Disney World from Miami, not MCO.

Mears bus service will be a better option for virtually everyone.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Mears Connect site is live and accepting reservations starting January 1st -

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 5.09.33 PM.png

kong1802

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom