News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

UNCgolf

Buena Vista Drive from All Star to Disney Springs can't even handle normal high season traffic .

One of the various reasons I don't think they would eliminate it entirely.

I would not be remotely surprised if they cut back on bus service, though -- maybe a specific schedule where a bus only comes once every 45-60 minutes or something like that. Still an option but with lower capacity and less convenience (nominally, at least).

PolynesianPrincess

If this is about money, why not tack a charge on for the DME like they do with port transfers for cruises? $20 one way, $40 roundtrip or something similar. You know people would pay it if it means they don't have to deal with the hassle of renting a car.
For us? We're at the end of our rope with Disney. There is ZERO incentive to pay their insane prices to stay on property now. We will rent a car and spend a few days off property now. It just isn't worth it is us anymore and that's really sad.... :(

M:SpilotISTC12

I’m not sure DVC can take away ‘free’ parking as you effectively own at the property and pay for it via dues. If I recall, it’s all written into the contract or something. I’m sure someone else can clarify that!
I hope you're right but if it's free and at Disney, they'll go down every road to find a way to get rid of it.

UNCgolf

I'm also sure they'd love to be able to charge people to use the resort transportation buses -- something like $10 a night for access to the bus service.

That, thankfully, is incredibly unlikely just because of the logistical nightmare it would cause.

el_super

Much like the companies that service Disneyland guests at LAX, I'd expect to see Mears and others come up with something similar for MCO.

Just an FYI that the Disneyland Express service offered by a separate company, ended in January 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom