News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

dsinclair

Indeed. But they are the largest in the area and I would be shocked to see them just throw their hands up in surrender.

Much like the companies that service Disneyland guests at LAX, I'd expect to see Mears and others come up with something similar for MCO.
I hope so, and assume some new option would pop up. We're planning a October 2022 trip, and as others have said, having car seat aged kids but no DME will make to and from the airport so much more of a headache.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This is a horrible decision on their part. At this point, if I’m paying to stay at a deluxe I would much rather stay at the Four Seasons. They now get the same perks as staying on property and the hotel is nicer, rooms are larger, and the service is actually four/five star.

nicb88

I'm waiting for DVC to take away my free parking benefit. There are no perks to being on site. The off site hotels that you can book for much cheaper (and on credit card points) that have the same value at this point.
I’m not sure DVC can take away ‘free’ parking as you effectively own at the property and pay for it via dues. If I recall, it’s all written into the contract or something. I’m sure someone else can clarify that!

dolbyman

I always took the paid Disney shuttle buses from the Paris airports (VEA Magical Shuttle), works just fine.

So if Mears makes this an external paid service .. whatever (still a bad decision from Disney..unless there is some sort of secret plan behind it)

GusEzra

Another thing is IF I'm now going to stay on property and have to rent a car I no longer need Disney Transportation to get to the parks since I'm paying for parking at the resort can't you park for free at the parks(while it lasts)? no more waiting for crowded busses. now its crowed trams (if they return) and since im driving around why not get some fast food for lunch or dinner? or just go to the store for supplies.

Brian

Another thing is IF I'm now going to stay on property and have to rent a car I no longer need Disney Transportation to get to the parks since I'm paying for parking at the resort can't you park for free at the parks(while it lasts)? no more waiting for crowded busses. now its crowed trams (if they return)
Yes, you still get "free" theme park parking when you stay at a Disney resort.

Of course, you pay for that by paying for parking privileges at the resort.

HarperRose

UNCgolf

I wonder how long until Disney eliminates bus transportation around the resort?

I don't actually think they will eliminate it for various reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut back significantly. If Uber/Lyft are more efficient than DME for transport from the airport, why not also just have guests use them to get around Disney property? Especially if they bring back Minnie Vans and can charge guests more money. Plus if it leads to more guests driving and parking their cars at resorts/the parks, then that's even more revenue!

Lilofan

I don't actually think they will eliminate it for various reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut back significantly. If Uber/Lyft are more efficient than DME for transport from the airport, why not also just have guests use them to get around Disney property? Especially if they bring back Minnie Vans and can charge guests more money. Plus if it leads to more guests driving and parking their cars at resorts/the parks, then that's even more revenue!
Buena Vista Drive from All Star to Disney Springs can't even handle normal high season traffic .

Disney Glimpses

Would be shocked to see any changes to bus transportation. At least for the routes that don't have access by foot/ferry/monorail/skyliner. That is literally the WDW experience.

The Magical Express, while nice, is only 15 years old. I hate this change, but our fondest memories in the 1990s of WDW do not include the Magical Express.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom