Price a decent trip to Canada, Europe, or even Japan (TDL!). They’re surprisingly similar to WDW’s current price point.For us, the DME decision is just one of many poor decisions we think Disney has made recently.
- No Magical Express
- No resort airline check-in / baggage check
- No Extra Magic Hours
- Constant upcharges (pre-COVID)
- Approving construction projects that ruin sightlines (Guardians, TRON, Harmonious)
- Cinderella Castle "makeover"
- Constant price increases
- Whatever is happening in Epcot's Future World
Disney is offering less and charging more. Meanwhile, they're eliminating many of the things that set them apart - immersiveness, show quality, "magical" experiences.
And so on and so on. While DME independently probably isn't enough to make us rethink a Disney World trip, all of those combined has zapped the excitement. The "bang for our buck" has dropped dramatically over the past four or five years and it's time for us to explore new options.