News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

bcoachable

And those customers who feel slapped in the face will still go to Disney and they know it. Now maybe they will lose some people but that number will be very very small and they will be replaced with new addicts...I mean customers. Disney knows their customer base a lot better than anyone on this website.
You could be right, but I can attest that our families vacation habits have pivoted away from Disney. We will never do a “week at Disney” until the pendulum swings back to customer service. And the people I know who were Disney regulars are whispering the same. If the end game is smaller crowds, but more money- I think they have found their formula.

Vegas Disney Fan

no Company.. Not Sears, at one point in time was the number one retailer in the world, Not J.C. Penneys' the number two retailer in the world at one point in time, not GM the number one car company, not IBM, the number one computer company, not KODAK, the number one camera company... can defeat the laws of supply and demand.. no matter how big they get.. ask mr gimbals and mr macy... it can certainly happen..
All doomed because better options became available, until someone dethrones Disney (Universal being the only threat at the moment) they unfortunately have free reign to do what they want.

As much as I hate some of the things Disney is doing they are still the undisputed theme park champ, sure I can go to Six Flags or my local park in protest but they aren’t Disney.

Disneys major threats are Hawaii, cruises, international travel, etc and they’ve already hedged their bets by building in exactly those areas. Even when a Disney fan skips the US Disney parks in protest Disney still ends up with a lot of our vacation dollars.

UNCgolf

All doomed because better options became available, until someone dethrones Disney (Universal being the only threat at the moment) they unfortunately have free reign to do what they want.

Well Sears wasn't really doomed by better options; they were doomed by poor management decisions. They could (and probably should) have been Amazon.

You're right that it's highly unlikely someone comes along and builds a new highly detailed, themed park, though. The issue for Disney is that they've been moving away from that, which makes Universal an even bigger threat. They don't really have to worry about a new competitor popping up and taking market share; the bigger concern would be an overall decline in the theme park market if people decide their money is better spent on something else because they no longer see value.

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

Believe me if I were wealthy and could drop 10-20 grand for a week at WDW I would not be doing it. Their luxury resorts are not luxury and neither are their restaurants. I would be going to a lot of other places---real places . Disney your base is the middle class--- you are S________ on.
back in March of 2020, we had started our planning to visit DLR for my oldest's big HS graduation trip. My DW found a hotel room and started her planning. Then, ... well, you know... and Ca shut down. So, we shifted coasts and booked at the Poly and she started planning there. Welp. So, much for those plans.

Since Disney has re-opened without most of it's live entertainment AND all of the cuts are finally taking hold, our post-pandemic (and now 2 other kids will be graduating HS) trip won't be to either DLR or WDW. Saw a video on some parks in Mexico. Also, Dollywood and Silver Dollar City are on the radar. So is Hawaii.

Our current 'fridge is a Kenmore from Sears. The service we last received from them left such a bad taste that we said, "never again". JCP's commercials were a big turn off for us too. We're not sad to see either fade away. The rate Disney is going, they're headed to the same category. I hope they change direction.

JoeCamel

back in March of 2020, we had started our planning to visit DLR for my oldest's big HS graduation trip. My DW found a hotel room and started her planning. Then, ... well, you know... and Ca shut down. So, we shifted coasts and booked at the Poly and she started planning there. Welp. So, much for those plans.

Since Disney has re-opened without most of it's live entertainment AND all of the cuts are finally taking hold, our post-pandemic (and now 2 other kids will be graduating HS) trip won't be to either DLR or WDW. Saw a video on some parks in Mexico. Also, Dollywood and Silver Dollar City are on the radar. So is Hawaii.

Our current 'fridge is a Kenmore from Sears. The service we last received from them left such a bad taste that we said, "never again". JCP's commercials were a big turn off for us too. We're not sad to see either fade away. The rate Disney is going, they're headed to the same category. I hope they change direction.
Just a caution on the Quintana Roo parks, they don't operate to Disney standards and might be rough around the edges. The guests are not dropping like flies but there are "incidents" and no concept of our tort system. Crazy fun though

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Believe me if I were wealthy and could drop 10-20 grand for a week at WDW I would not be doing it. Their luxury resorts are not luxury and neither are their restaurants. I would be going to a lot of other places---real places . Disney your base is the middle class--- you are S________ on.
Our first trip to Paris was a direct result of how expensive WDW had become. We priced it out and figured 5 days in Europe was comparable to 5 days in WDW, it ended up being twice as expensive because we went for 10 days to justify the flight time but per day it was no more expensive than WDW.

Disney still got a chunk of our money though because we spent 5 days at a DL Paris hotel and a few days in the parks while we were there.

James Alucobond

Wildly off topic, but Kenmore isn't even independently manufactured. It's just a vanity label slapped on various products produced by Whirlpool, LG, GE Appliances, etc.

CaptinEO

no Company.. Not Sears, at one point in time was the number one retailer in the world, Not J.C. Penneys' the number two retailer in the world at one point in time, not GM the number one car company, not IBM, the number one computer company, not KODAK, the number one camera company... can defeat the laws of supply and demand.. no matter how big they get.. ask mr gimbals and mr macy... it can certainly happen..
Not saying it can't happen. I am just saying that as of current Disney parks are doing extremely well. I've been seeing everyone saying the same thing since the early 2000s about how Disney will get whats coming to them when people stop coming back.

At least as of now, attendance is not an issue.

John park hopper

Sears appliances used to be made by MayTag and Whirlpool back when those companies made quality products but as they cut corners the stuff made for the Kenmore label also dropped in quality. Same thing happened to their power tools. No company is to big to fail even Disney

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

That's not really surprising since Sears has been dying (if not outright dead) for at least a couple of decades.
While it seems odd? There IS a Historical connection here.... Sears and WDW.
Sears was an absolute KING - they even sold HOMES, via the catalog (the Internet of the 1930s-1960s).

Then? They got killed by lack of technology, diminishing quality, and greed. And they were HUGE.

My suspicion with WDW Parks? We see an effort to recover as much cash from the Pandemic years for stock holders - just before the Parks are sold off :(. Follow the History of the "Sears Playbook" - there are too many similarities :(.

I really hope to be wrong.

Jrb1979

While it seems odd? There IS a Historical connection here.... Sears and WDW.
Sears was an absolute KING - they even sold HOMES, via the catalog (the Internet of the 1930s-1960s).

Then? They got killed by lack of technology, diminishing quality, and greed. And they were HUGE.

My suspicion with WDW Parks? We see an effort to recover as much cash from the Pandemic years for stock holders - just before the Parks are sold off :(. Follow the History of the "Sears Playbook" - there are too many similarities :(.

I really hope to be wrong.
Six Flags presents Disney World has a nice ring to it.

lewisc

Disney
The other site just posted a riveting article about guests missing their flights with the new system. The article is somewhat... vague.
MCO is telling pax to get to the airport 3 hours before departure.

Edited to add The article suggests the affected guests were entitled to a DME trip to MCO. Disney wasn't communicating with Mears. No idea if its true

Last edited:

pdude81

I booked Mears Connect for return trip. Got confirmation email with schedule at 24 hrs. Showed up on time but a DME wrapped bus. Got a text confirmation also when shuttle arrived.

What's new new here is that the Poly bus isn't just with CR/BLT and GF. It was me, then a no show at CSR, and leaving All Star Music now. Seems they more prioritize fewer trips now with less people riding instead of quick return. I'll end up at the airport at little under 2 hours from flight, which is no problem for me. Seems good but I can see how one or two things going sideways could make those without pre check very nervous.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Wildly off topic, but Kenmore isn't even independently manufactured. It's just a vanity label slapped on various products produced by Whirlpool, LG, GE Appliances, etc.
To clarify, GE Appliances are owned and made by Haier Corp of China. A lot of them are still made on US designs and in the US... but the ownership is Chinese.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom