Disney's Loss of Spider-Man: How Will it Affect the Parks?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know we're not supposed to post non-mainstream links on here, but I just heard Sony is offering Disney 30% of the Spider-Man rights. But that also means Venom has to be rebooted into the MCU. We don't know if they're willing to accept those terms yet.
Seeing as how Venom was a huge pile of crap, I don't see why that would be an issue.
If this happens, and that is a big IF, why would they even need to reboot Venom? There was nothing specific about the Venom movie that would need to be rebooted. Venom 2 could retcon any story "issues" if any to tie it back to the larger MCU.

But again this is a big if the contract terms are how you laid out. I've heard the same story, but so far its not from any reputable source as of yet. Additionally all these little stories about contract terms are just that, "stories". Its nice talking points for website clicks or the fandom to talk about, but there is nothing concrete to get hyped about yet. No sense in getting all hopes up until its official at this point. So many let downs with this story.....

brodie999

I heard the same sources who gave us new lashes about She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel before they were officially announced that Disney/Marvel is thinking about buying the Web-Head's rights fully back instead of opting to make a new deal with Sony.

Phroobar

This was back in May but was kind of cool.

spider-man-stars-tom-holland-zendaya-prank-fans-in-disneyland-meet-and-greet-2.jpg

ccelebritiesfotof409f2995cd44cc3e08706.02947263_.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol
View attachment 414531
>>The new film even has a release date: July 16, 2021...Also, as part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will appear in a future Marvel movie.
https://apple.news/AlX2Qg8D6TziNU_rUyk3Ouw
This is not surprising especially after the Sony story that Feige is too busy for them was found false. With the reports this week that Feige is being brought in to help with Star Wars and him wanting to use Holland in Star Wars. It only makes sense for Sony to come back to the table and get at least one more Holland Spidey picture out of Feige before both are too busy with Star Wars.

Phroobar

This is not surprising especially after the Sony story that Feige is too busy for them was found false. With the reports this week that Feige is being brought in to help with Star Wars and him wanting to use Holland in Star Wars. It only makes sense for Sony to come back to the table and get at least one more Holland Spidey picture out of Feige before both are too busy with Star Wars.
I hope they make him a nobody that just happens to be good at everything without knowing it. A natural Force user. I hope he goes up against a wantabe Sith Witch and kills her master while the Rebellion in the background does things that actually advance the plot.

brodie999

I agree. The Gamer reports this new deal might just be part of a bigger plan to get Spider-Man back from Sony for good.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There are a lot of "what ifs" in that article, which to me means its just more clickbait. We already know that the Spider-Man rights automatically revert back to Disney/Marvel if Sony is purchased, no matter by who. What isn't known is how serious a look Apple took at purchasing Sony. Or if its was just a passing thing, kicking the tires as it were. Also I wouldn't put bets on Apple (or anyone else) buying Sony soon anyways, my gut tells me its at least 18 months away. Which puts it happening right around the time that Spidey 3 comes out.

SuddenStorm

"'Spider-Man' returns to the Marvel universe as Sony, Disney strike new deal"

I was responding to the speculation that Sony would sell the character back to Disney. Making a deal that's beneficial for Sony, and that allows them to retain ownership of the character obviously makes sense.

truecoat

I’d just trade Sony the Alien and Planet of the Apes properties along with some cash and couple dozen churros. Make it 6 dozen.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Dear god no.. modern Disney will crush spidey like a bug.
Well first, this is not likely happening anyways so nothing to worry about.

But second, Spidey is one of Kevin Feige's favorite Marvel characters so he would protect him from any "issues".

And finally third, its not like Disney hasn't been using Spidey already anyways. They've been using Spidey in various animated series on Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Jr channels for years now. So no Disney would not "crush" Spidey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom