Disney's Loss of Spider-Man: How Will it Affect the Parks?

brodie999

I see it more of Marvel getting back (without really getting back) one of their major properties. Sony just really wasn't handling Spidey very well prior to Marvel getting involved. He is better off staying in Feige's hands than to go solo with Sony.
I agree. Caleb Williams says talks are improving. So it's definitely more like Marvel eventually getting the rights in the near future.

You were right. Disney is gonna be the winner in this.

brodie999

Didn't Feige and Holland get in front of everybody at D23 for a farewell to Spiderman of sorts?
Yeah, but they didn't actually say he was leaving the MCU. Just that the deal was short-lived and it wasn't mean to last forever. So people are predicting a new one could become a reality in a few days.

brodie999

While I'd like to believe a deal will be announced anytime, I wouldn't really trust a source from FB.
Don't worry. He's a contributing writer/reviewer who predicted the Spider-Man deal would be made and he was right. He actually talked to Disney and Sony during the past few days. So I'd be surprised he was right again.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Don't worry. He's a contributing writer/reviewer who predicted the Spider-Man deal would be made and he was right. He actually talked to Disney and Sony during the past few days. So I'd be surprised he was right again.
I'm not saying the person themselves is not to be trusted. I'm just saying I wouldn't put much faith into a simple FB post.

TROR

Friend just sent me this lol

brodie999

I disagree, that to me indicates that they are back negotiating again. Basically that there is signs of life, like its not completely dead yet.
Yeah, that also might indicate things are sailing really well between Disney and Sony. Which perfectly sets the deal announcement to be early next month.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, that also might indicate things are sailing really well between Disney and Sony. Which perfectly sets the deal announcement to be early next month.
A single beep on an EKG indicates signs of life, not a healthy heart beat. That in itself should provide you all the information you need from that tweet. Basically some positive signs, but I wouldn't say a deal announcement is eminent. So it might be a good sign, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

brodie999

I know we're not supposed to post non-mainstream links on here, but I just heard Sony is offering Disney 30% of the Spider-Man rights. But that also means Venom has to be rebooted into the MCU. We don't know if they're willing to accept those terms yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom