Disney's Lonestar Resort

Rambozo

uhf-firehouse.gif

Hopefully no one drinks from the firehose. 🤡

Goofy Ninja

Bella Notte (table service)

An Italian restaurant, which serves the best spaghetti and meatballs in the park. It’s the only place that serves it… but that’s besides the point. Looks like the back alley from the film where “Lady and the Tramp” shared a meal. Every once in a while you might hear some sounds coming from the city itself.

It would be nice to have a romantic Italian dinner. The castle parks don’t have many of those that actually serve good food. Tony’s at Magic is gross, it taste like they just dumped a tomato can onto a plate and put in the microwave. They don’t even make a good spaghetti and meatballs, which is supposed to be their trademark.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Hollywood Adventure main 2.png

blockletter.png

The second park will be akin to Hollywood Studios, but instead of decades and backlots it will be themed to the different genres of movies. It will be more of a celebration of movies than a working studio like it’s sister park. It opened it’s gates in 1996 to park and movie lovers everywhere with a whole host of celebrities of the time period on hand for the premiere like Tim Allen, Celine Dion and Steve Urkel himself Jaleel White.

At the end of the main street area is the hub and a familiar, iconic structure. Oz’s castle seen in the classic 1939 film and childrens’ book series “Wizard of Oz”. Emerald City will shine like a beacon off in the distance. At the end of this parks main street area. The hub area is where the yellow brick road begins and takes you on your way through the castle and into a world of wonderment. The hub is patterned after the green fields in front of Emerald City. Where the Wicked Witch tried to stop Dorothy and her friends from making it to the Great and Powerful OZ, by putting them to sleep.

It is a stark contrast to the street that leads to it, which I’ll talk about later on in the future. The castle is alive with vibrant colors of Emerald and Gold. Oz’s inclusion into the park is made possible by Disney’s ownership of 11 out of 14 L. Frank Baum books. So it will take a lot of it’s inspiration throughout the park from Baum’s literary version as well.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

View attachment 707718

blockletter.png

The second park will be akin to Hollywood Studios, but instead of decades and backlots it will be themed to the different genres of movies. It will be more of a celebration of movies than a working studio like it’s sister park. It opened it’s gates in 1996 to park and movie lovers everywhere with a whole host of celebrities of the time period on hand for the premiere like Tim Allen, Celine Dion and Steve Urkel himself Jaleel White.

At the end of the main street area is the hub and a familiar, iconic structure. Oz’s castle seen in the classic 1939 film and childrens’ book series “Wizard of Oz”. Emerald City will shine like a beacon off in the distance. At the end of this parks main street area. The hub area is where the yellow brick road begins and takes you on your way through the castle and into a world of wonderment. The hub is patterned after the green fields in front of Emerald City. Where the Wicked Witch tried to stop Dorothy and her friends from making it to the Great and Powerful OZ, by putting them to sleep.

It is a stark contrast to the street that leads to it, which I’ll talk about later on in the future. The castle is alive with vibrant colors of Emerald and Gold. Oz’s inclusion into the park is made possible by Disney’s ownership of 11 out of 14 Frank L. Baum books. So it will take a lot of it’s inspiration throughout the park from Baum’s literary version as well.

Sorry to interrupt, but, the authors name is actually L. Frank Baum.

PrinceCharming617

Wizard of Oz is such a feast for the eyes.

I think they pulled off the transition in the movie from Kansas to Oz so fricking well. It says online they used a style called Sepia Tone for the beginning. That’s why it looks very copper-like like an old penny during those scenes. I don’t know how it’s done, but it definitely works. That’s my 1 cent, since I’m poor. hahaha

oogie boogie man

I used to have nightmares about the WoZ. Because of the Wicked Witch. I found her more terrifying than Darth Vader. She reminded me of my next door neighbor when I was a kid, Miss Conway. She used to take our ball whenever it went in her yard. One time I went in her house and it smelled like old, dead bodies… hold on a minute.

Just kidding, but it did smell pretty bad. … I think it was just Miss Conway herself.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
silent main collage.png

vanity-bold.png

Setting: Hollywood Adventures main street will be patterned after the early days of moviemaking, before even sound was introduced. Showcasing the big screen stars of the time like Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, who helped pave the way for many of today’s blockbusters. The buildings that make up Silent Street will look straight out of a black and white movie.

486c15a492bc765a8dbc1a7f5beb3e2a.jpg

ug2OxYz.jpeg

3a5980e5e1cb76bbfb2daf8ca8210f3d.jpg

The Shops

Buster’s Ice Cream Shop
Chaplin’s Candy Confectionery
Mr. Demille’s Drug Store
Moving Pictures Mercantile
Film Reel
Vaudeville Gifts
Keystone Clothiers

Streetmosphere

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd and Laurel and Hardy

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 709991

vanity-bold.png

Setting: Hollywood Adventures main street will be patterned after the early days of moviemaking, before even sound was introduced. Showcasing the big screen stars of the time like Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy, who helped pave the way for many of today’s blockbusters. The buildings that make up Silent Street will look straight out of a black and white movie.

486c15a492bc765a8dbc1a7f5beb3e2a.jpg

ug2OxYz.jpeg

3a5980e5e1cb76bbfb2daf8ca8210f3d.jpg

The Shops

Buster’s Ice Cream Shop
Chaplin’s Candy Confectionery
Mr. Demille’s Drug Store
Moving Pictures Mercantile
Film Reel
Vaudeville Gifts
Keystone Clothiers

Streetmosphere

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd and Laurel and Hardy
I wonder what Roger Rabbit attractions will be like for Toontown?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom