Disney's Lonestar Resort

oogie boogie man

Oh my Gosh!

Jolly Holiday is one of the things I’m looking forward to on my next Disneyland trip. So it would be cool to have something similar in another stateside Disney park. Thankfully they didn’t turn JH into a Starbucks too. I think us DL fans would have revolted.

I agree, I think Magic Kingdom should have kept the Main Street Bakery (and Confectionery) the way it was. It feels like it’s lost it’s early 1900’s theming and charm with the switch (especially Confectionery).

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I agree wholeheartedly about Starbucks. I always felt it is beneath Disney and what it stands for to have a Starbucks in the park. But Disney has always been about saving and making money from companies outside the park. Even in the beginnings when Disneyland first opened back in 1955.

Usually it is with sponsorship though from companies like McDonalds, GE, Eastern Airlines and TWA. They don't usually go with a dedicated location, like you could see in any town. I'd much rather see something that feels more Disney instead like a Joffery's. Something you wouldn't see across the street from your house like a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
photo-1-16250392383761945084753.jpg

alice-in-wonderland.png

This section is based on Alice in Wonderland, the animated version. It is on the opposite side of the park from Dumbo's Circusland and would be laid out similarly to it. The Queen of Hearts though a great villain in the movie, will only be shown a little bit. Because she is going to be a vital presence in Dark Dominion.

AliceinWonderland.jpg

Tweedledee-Tweedledum.jpg

Cheshire-cat-4.jpg

Alice in Wonderland
----- (dark ride, similar to dl’s version)
----- (Just like the main character in this tale, this ride takes you to the wonderful world of wonderland. Where the strange and unusual are around every corner. With classic animatronics fully telling the story of Alice. Similar to the Disneyland version, but with bigger rooms and more show scenes added in from the 1951 classic. The Queen of Hearts will play a minor role, because she will get her own attraction at Dark Dominion. She is replaced by the Caucus Race scene and the Meadow of Living Flowers. As well as many other characters not seen in the original version like Pat the Dodo, Toucan and Hawk.)

9ae40a9b9d70bbafc8cd55818fbacfd1.jpg

alice mad tea 2.jpg

alice mad tea 3.png

alice mad tea 4.jpg

Mad Mad…. Mad Tea Party
----- (spinning coaster, similar to crush coaster)

----- (The queue looks like Tulgey Wood, the colorful forest from the movie. Which has an abundance of red, blue, purple and green trees scattered throughout. The queue would be reminiscent of the queue for E.T.’s Adventure at Universal. But of course way more colorful and with various odd creatures like the broomdog and hammer and pencil birds. Each tree also has signs on them with random directions like “Up”, “Down”, “This Way”, “Yonder” and “Back”. Once you get to Mad Hatters house you encounter the vehicles for the attraction. Each looks like an oversized Tea Cup with colorful patterns on the sides of them. They are much bigger than the ones at the Magic Kingdom and more akin to Crush’s turtle shells in Disneyland Paris.)

----- (They’re definitely not just cups though because they speed and spin out of control through the forest. Along the way you encounter the Mad Hatter and his companions. They greet you by singing various songs like Mad Hatter’s “Unbirthday”. As you spin around in your teacup and venture around the unusual party you see the different characters from the scene. Like the March Hare, the Dormouse and of course the Mad Hatter himself who sings merrily… and madly.)

alice blue caterpillar 5.jpg

The Blue Caterpillar
----- (caterpillar, similar to slinky dog zig zag spin)
----- (The unlikeable caterpillar sits in the middle puffing smoke, looking very putout in the process. As inhabitants go around him in a circular movement. Every once in a while a puff of spoke emanates from his frowned mouth.)

alice down the rabbit hole.png

Down the Rabbit Hole
----- (drop ride, similar to tower of terror)
----- (Alice goes by random items as she plunges downward. As you descend you go passed different things, like a mirror, a clock, a rocking chair, a fireplace and various other stuff. Much like Tower though you don’t just plummet you come off the track. And you see a dark ride part with Alice. Where she shrinks down to the size of a mouse and grows to the size of a giant. Unable to shrink back to normal size she is stuck being huge. And is incredibly saddened about it so she begins to cry, her oversized tears fill the room you are in with water. Thankfully she is eventually made small again before everyone aboard drowns… and we venture through the key hole.)

and last, but not least...

a Meet and Greet
--- (with Alice, Mad Hatter and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum)

Restaurants

Mad Hatter’s (TS), Eat Me Drink Me (QS), Cheshire Cafe (walkup) and The White Rabbit’s House (walkup)

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

I love it, the original Alice isn’t my favorite movie, but the things in it are so iconic. They are a feast for the eyes and would work great in a land.

Yeah, I think the movie sucks, but it is iconic. It’s the english equivalent to Wizard of OZ. Every character seems like a bumhole to me, even Alice. ... But it is something that deserves it’s own land just based on the way it looks.

Goofy Ninja

It definitely would be better as a land rather than just 1 or 2 attractions. Because Wonderland is such a big part of the movie.

Disney has been so cheap with their lands lately that 2 attractions would actually make up a land. Look at what they did with Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land. The latter one would have only gotten 2 if they didn’t already have one.

The Lochness Monsta

I’d never have the walrus and the carpenter in Wonderland. Their baby clam scene in the movie is quite disturbing and really effected me when I was a child. D+ must have edited it out like they did with Aristocats Siamese cat’s scene.

Yeah, I don’t know how that got passed the censors. The poor baby clams stood no chance with that obese walrus. I’d like to turn him into a meal.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Alice in Wonderland 4.jpg

Alice in Wonderland 5.jpg

Alice in Wonderland 6.jpg

The White Rabbit’s House (Walkup) – This walkup would sell various white rabbit themed snacks like carrot cake cookies and ice cream. But for noncarrot lovers of the group (those weirdos) it will also have regular flavors as well.

Mad Hatter’s (TS) – I’d like to make this restaurant as weird as possible. Kinda like a Pee Wee’s Playhouse in atmosphere. Afterall Mad Hatter is possibly the weirdest of the weird.

Eat me, Drink me (QS) – This quick service would serve undersized and oversized entrees and desserts like the Antman restaurant in DCA. To get you into the theming, the atmosphere would consist of under and oversized décor as well. Throughout the restaurant there is big and small pictures of the characters, lamps and a humongous television, which plays Alice in Wonderland all day.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

The White Rabbit’s House (Walkup) – This walkup would sell various white rabbit themed snacks like carrot cake cookies and ice cream. But for noncarrot lovers of the group (those weirdos) it will also have regular flavors as well.

I’d kill someone for one of those Carrot Cake Cookies right now. I remember eating it right before my Sci-Fi reservation on the Street of America section.

However I’ve never had it in ice cream form, it seems like an unnecessary flavor. But people are crazy and will make anything a flavor.

Last edited:

The Great Gonzo

Oh boy I love it!

The Carrot Cookie is one the few items that you don’t have to sell your house for at Disney.

That and the School Bread… which I did not care for… at all. If I wanted a hard roll I’d go to my grandma’s. She never throws away anything.

“I’ve got this loaf of bread from a month ago. If you just cut off the green it’s almost edible.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom