Disney's Lonestar Resort

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
The 3 Castles of Lonestar Resort.png

gunslinger.png

Disney’s Lonestar Resort (which is in the town of Burnet, Texas) consists of 3 parks, 3 immense resorts and a set of parking decks. The first of the parks is Enchanted Kingdom (which opened in 1985) and is themed to storybook characters. Next up there was Hollywood Adventure (which opened in 1996), which puts you in the world of your favorite movie genres. Then the third and final park is Dark Dominion (which opened in 2010) and is themed to everyone’s favorite Disney Villains.

Disney's Lonestar Resort 5 with rounded sides.png

It would be a similar layout to the Disneyland Resort, but instead of Downtown Disney and Bus Dropoffs there would be a Parking Deck and a Theme Park (Hollywood Adventure). Each park would also be surrounded by similarly themed resorts and a monorail.

snow white main picture.jpg

white-dream-personal-use-only-regular.png

The park opened in 1985, before the Disney Renaissance in 89. Thus the princesses here consist of mainly Snow White (whose castle is the landmark weenie), Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. All of the other lands and attractions not affiliated with them are based on non princesses or animal characters from movies before or in the opening year.

Seven Dwarfs Lane

Meant to look like a Main Street if it was in the middle of the Wilderness. It’s various buildings look like they are all made out of mostly wood and leaves. There is also a scattered amount of trees throughout the front area, like you’d might find in a forest.

Restaurants and Shops

• Grumpy’s Grub
  • Happy’s Ice Cream
  • Doc and Dopey’s Trinkets
  • Bashful’s Bounty and more
  • Sleepy’s Bedtime Apparel
  • Sneezy’s Medicine Cabinet
  • Seven Dwarfs Cottage

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 657012

gunslinger.png

Disney’s Lonestar Resort (which is in the town of Burnet, Texas) consists of 3 parks, 3 immense resorts and a set of parking decks. The first of the parks is Enchanted Kingdom (which opened in 1985) and is themed to storybook characters. Next up there was Hollywood Adventure (which opened in 1996), which puts you in the world of your favorite movie genres. Then the third and final park is Dark Dominion (which opened in 2010) and is themed to everyone’s favorite Disney Villains.

View attachment 657014

It would be a similar layout to the Disneyland Resort, but instead of Downtown Disney and Bus Dropoffs there would be a Parking Deck and a Theme Park (Hollywood Adventure). Each park would also be surrounded by similarly themed resorts and a monorail.

View attachment 657268

The park opened in 1985, way before the Disney Renaissance in 89. Thus the princesses here consist of mainly Snow White (whose castle is the landmark weenie), Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. All of the other lands and attractions not affiliated with them are based on non princesses or animal characters from movies before or in the opening year.

Seven Dwarfs Lane

Meant too look like a Main Street if it was in the middle of the Wilderness. It’s various buildings look like they are all made out of mostly wood and leaves. There is also a scattered amount of trees throughout the front area, like you’d might find in a forest.

Restaurants and Shops

• Grumpy’s Grub
  • Happy’s Ice Cream
  • Seven Dwarfs Cottage
Are you gonna have Roger Rabbit in Hollywood Adventure?

Disney Warrior

View attachment 657012

gunslinger.png

View attachment 657014

View attachment 657268

The park opened in 1985, way before the Disney Renaissance in 89. Thus the princesses here consist of mainly Snow White (whose castle is the landmark weenie), Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. All of the other lands and attractions not affiliated with them are based on non princesses or animal characters from movies before or in the opening year.

Seven Dwarfs Lane

Meant too look like a Main Street if it was in the middle of the Wilderness. It’s various buildings look like they are all made out of mostly wood and leaves. There is also a scattered amount of trees throughout the front area, like you’d might find in a forest.

Restaurants and Shops

• Grumpy’s Grub
  • Happy’s Ice Cream
  • Seven Dwarfs Cottage
Hmm this looks very familiar (can’t wait to see where this Texas Disneyland goes)

Snow Queen 83

You know from my avatar that I’m a big fan of this idea. Snow White is of course one of my favorites. She is a bit too trusting when it comes to taking apples from ugly hags, but what a sweetheart.

To have a castle themed to her would be awesome. It looks vastly different than any of the other ones as well. For some reason it doesn’t seem to get the publicity that Cinderella and Aurora’s castles do. I don’t why, because it’s actually pretty nice. I’d definitely live in it with my prince. The color scheme of red and white would really separate it from the other two as well and make for a very different photo opportunity.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
You know from my avatar that I’m a big fan of this idea. Snow White is of course one of my favorites. She is a bit too trusting when it come to taking apples from ugly hags, but what a sweetheart.

To have a castle themed to her would be awesome. It looks vastly different than any of the other ones as well. For some reason it doesn’t seem to get the publicity that Cinderella and Aurora’s castles do. I don’t why, because it’s actually pretty nice. I’d definitely live in it with my prince. The color scheme of red and white would really separate it from the other two as well and make for a very different photo opportunity.

Yeah, I went with Snow White, OZ and Maleficent’s castles for the landmarks. It's a lot of castles, but I think they seem to fit with what I'm going with for each distinct park.

Another important thing for me is theming. The lands will only have attractions that go with the theming. I can't stand when attractions don't fit with their corresponding land. Like "Monsters Inc Laugh Floor", I'm sure it's a great show and all, but it doesn't fit in Tomorrowland. It just rubs me the wrong way whenever Disney or some other clueless fool shoehorns things in where it doesn't belong.

The Lochness Monsta

Interesting that you set the first park in 1985. Before the Disney renaissance in the late 80’s with “The Little Mermaid”. That will make it drastically different than any other more modern park and resort area. Disney World especially has been influenced by and formed by their more recent movies. With many of their attractions being based around them at Epcot, Hollywood and Animal Kingdom.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Interesting that you set the first park in 1985. Before the Disney renaissance in the late 80’s with “The Little Mermaid”. That will make it drastically different than any other more modern park and resort area. Disney World especially has been influenced by and formed by their more recent movies. With many of their attractions being based around them at Epcot, Hollywood and Animal Kingdom.

Yeah I wanted to try to be different with this one. Sometimes just changing the year makes you think outside the box and create something different. The next park (Hollywood Adventure) will be very influenced by the mid 90’s as well.

I’m thinking of releasing 1 land each month until all 3 parks are complete. This way I’ve got time to really think things out for each park.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah I wanted to try to be different with this one. Sometimes just changing the year makes you think outside the box and create something different. The next park (Hollywood Adventure) will be very influenced by the mid 90’s as well.

I’m thinking of releasing 1 land each month until all 3 parks are complete. This way I’ve got time to really think things out for each park.
I can't wait what kind Roger Rabbit attractions will be...I think we need Roger Rabbit mini land for Hollywood Adventure, I think you
can use Roger Rabbit's Toontown with Roger Rabbit attractions like Roger Rabbit's Runaway Bus (simulator), Baby Herman in Hospital Trouble (dark ride based on Tummy Trouble short), Terror Tunnel (roller coaster based on Roller Coaster Rabbit short) and Benny the Cab: Escape from the Toon Patrol.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) Filming Locations - The Movie District

Hidden Things: Roger Rabbit at Disney's Hollywood Studios – Orlando ParkStop

ImNotBad.com - A Jessica Rabbit Site: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood

1624241728127.png

Main Street Gazette: Terror Tunnel

Most Missed Magic: 10 Things We Miss About the Disney-MGM Studios Theme  Park - Inside the Magic

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin - Disneyland | GML_9920 | George Landis |  Flickr

Attachments

• 1660254324149.jpeg
    1660254324149.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

Seems like a cool version of Main Street, that is vastly different than any other. I love the idea of a wilderness theming, since Wilderness’ lobby is one of my must dos whenever I resort hop.

There’s so much you can do with the interior as well. The shops and snack places could be really themed to the assigned dwarf it’s named after. Like the Sleepy store could have a décor of pillows, blankets and little beds. While Sneezy can have tissues, medicine bottles and hot water bottles.

PrinceCharming617

I see what you did there pally boy. Very appropriate, 7 buildings for 7 dwarfs!

It would be nice to get some pics with them in their cottage. You usually don’t see all of them together, unless it’s at the Christmas party. But throughout the year they never hangout. Even at Artist Point, the table service at Wilderness Lodge. I think you only get Grumpy and Dopey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom