Disney's Lonestar Resort

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
It would be cool if the people that work at Grumpy’s Grub act like him.

“What do you want?”
“Here you go, now get outta here!”

Hey it works for "50's Primetime Café".

The only trouble is that some people might not know that the waitstaff is joking. These same people maybe easily agitated too and want to throwdown. You know the type of person I'm talking about, the ones that go crazy if they don't get all of their McNuggets.

"I GOT A 10 PIECE, NOT A 9 PIECE!"

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
storybook forest.jpg

tomeoftheunknown.png

This area will be home to all of the Disney characters who dwell in the forest. It would have a natural forested appearance with lots of trees throughout. Each of the homes and attraction exteriors would look like trees as well, except for Elliot’s from “Pete’s Dragon”, who lives in a cave.

The homes are similar in appearance to the ones the characters from “Winnie the Pooh” reside in. So each is very different from one another to show the different themings of the particular story. Some are in the trees and some are even the trees themselves.

20e35b937a95dc1d369bb3654c61a893.jpg

Bambi
----- (dark ride, similar to winnie the pooh)
----- (The young deer gets his own attraction, along with Flower and Thumper and all of their forest friends. Even though it is a powerful and important scene the death of Bambi’s mother would be omitted and it will focus more on his happier times in the forest.)

Cap-und-Capper-Szene-3.jpg

The Fox and the Hound
----- (boat ride, similar to living with the land)
----- (A young fox named Tod is taken in by an old woman after his mother is killed by a hunter. Full of mischief, Young Tod befriends Copper, a hound dog pup. Both of them become good friends despite where their paths lead. Not knowing they maybe enemies in the future.)

43b910ee92167b8d80345d780bf9a06b.jpg

Pete’s Dragon
----- (aerial carousel, similar to dumbo)
----- (The adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliott, who happens to be a dragon. The young boy, Pete, is found in a forest where he's been living for six year after an accident took his parents' lives.)

storybook forest sword in the stone 4.png

The Sword in the Stone
----- (dark ride, similar to snow white’s scary adventure)
----- (Sword has many scenes where the main characters shapeshift into different animals. Especially during the grand battle with Merlin and Madam Mim. These scenes help to make the film fit within the animal based land. The main character Arthur also spends much of the film as different animals as well. As Merlin tries to teach him how to react to different environments in the forest.)

robin-hood-disney-maid-marian.jpg

Robin Hood
----- (dark ride, similar to winnie the pooh)
----- (This was one of my favorite movies growing up. It’s got some great country music in it… even though it takes place in England. Our heroes make their home in Sherwood Forest, where the evil Prince John cannot get them.)

1385037-download-winnie-the-pooh-desktop-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-retina.jpg

The Hundred Acre Woods Amphitheater
----- (stageshow, similar to country bear jamboree)
----- (Our favorite chubby bear and all of Christopher Robbins’ other toys sing about various things. For Tigger it’s obviously got to be bouncing, Eeyore’s is about rain and sunshine and Pooh sings about his favorite food…. honey of course.)

and last, but not least...

a Meet and Greet
--- (with Bambi, Thumper, Flower, Robin Hood, Little John, Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger)

Restaurants

Sherwood Forest Faire, Forest Friends Cafe, King Arthur’s Royal Banquet Hall, Honey Bear Restaurant and The Dragon’s Cave

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

Interesting, so it would be just about the Forest Animals in the classic Disney movies. That’s good because it seems like they are often overlooked at the Magic Kingdom and other castle parks, in favor of Disney Princesses.

I love the Princesses, but Disney has a long library of tales involving animals. For some reason they don’t really give them many attractions, unless they are more recent movies. Like you see Lion King and Finding Nemo, but you don’t see Bambi or Lady and the Tramp.

itsy bitsy spider

Interesting, so it would be just about the Forest Animals in the classic Disney movies. That’s good because it seems like they are often overlooked at the Magic Kingdom and other castle parks, in favor of Disney Princesses.

I love the Princesses, but Disney has a long library of tales involving animals. For some reason they don’t really give them many attractions, unless they are more recent movies. Like you see Lion King and Finding Nemo, but you don’t see Bambi or Lady and the Tramp.

I think it’s because they don’t fit with the lands at Magic Kingdom. Adventureland is the only one I could see (Jungle Book, Moana), which could actually represent animals. Frontier, Liberty, Fantasy and Tomorrowland don’t have many movies that would fit with their theming.

The ones that do have seemed to fail at the box office (Home on the range, Chicken Little, Brother Bear). So you can see why they’ve had a tough time integrating animal based movies.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Are you going to have anymore animal attractions? Because there’s still some great characters that aren’t represented.

Yeah, of course. You’ll just have to wait and see though.

I’ll release 1 land or section at the beginning of every month, unless I get abducted or something. But I’m sure my aluminum foil hat and invisible dog will keep me safe.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I figured "Sherwood Forest Faire" would be the character meal with Robin Hood related characters. The establishment would look like it’s outside, but would actually be indoors like Mexico and Biergarten. This way inclement weather wouldn't effect people's meals.

It’d be fun for the fans to meet their favorite characters in their normal natural setting, like in the movie. It too plays an integral part in the film. The atmosphere also coincides with the theming of the land, and the whole "animals of the forest" motif.

As for the other characters, you can meet them all throughout the rest of Storybook Forest too, in regular Meet & Greets.

oogie boogie man

I don’t really like the character meals. So I’ll probably be sticking to the other options like King Arthur’s Royal Banquet. I’m all about the food and Disney doesn’t bring their A-game with the food at character buffets. In fact Disney feels like they can give Grade F quality food at these places (Hollywood and Vine, Crystal Palace).

“Is that a pigeon?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom