Disney's Lonestar Resort

Snow Queen 83

Silly Symphony (TS) (similar to Animators Palate)

This restaurant is definitely a feast for the eyes with Characters galore. Including the main mouse himself dressed in his Sorcerer Mickey attire. Much like on the Disney Cruise you can also bring your art to life, with a little help from the aforementioned mouse and his magical wand.

This is something I definitely would want to do. Because I'm not a big cruise gal, so I'd still get to experience something like Animators Palate. Without the sea sickness and high prices.

Ha, I draw like a 4 year old, but it would still be mega fun.

The Lochness Monsta

This is something I definitely would want to do. Because I'm not a big cruise gal, so I'd still get to experience something like Animators Palate. Without the sea sickness and high prices.

Ha, I draw like a 4 year old, but it would still be mega fun.

I agree, that could be fun. It would have to separate itself in some way from Animator's Palate though. Perhaps different decor and animations. It could be more musically themed.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
horror 1 collage.png

young-frankenstein-regular.png

horror 1 setting.png

Setting: a Black and White version of the infamous Transylvania, where monsters reside and live like normal, everyday people.

horror haven 1 young frankenstein.gif

a1ff6354913e76765059b2cc24b77dea.jpg

Young Frankenstein: ElectriCoaster
----- (rollercoaster, similar to space mountain in disneyland paris)
----- (Based on the popular comedy classic by Mel Brooks. A drawbridge leads to the castle, which can be seen on a nearby graystoned hill. It is similar to the appearance of hogwarts at universal. Indoors though it looks like a laboratory straight out of the film. With gadgets and gizmos galore.)

r-1352081752-TowerOfTerror5.jpg

Transylvania Tower Hotel
----- (drop ride, similar to haunted mansion)
----- (Based on early concepts by Mel Brooks, which never happened at MGM Studios. You are sent on a guided tour of the most monstrous hotel in the world. Guests would experience a coven of witches cooking in their cauldron in the hotel kitchen, encounter Quasimodo the hotel “bellboy”, and even visit the men’s room where Dracula is trying to shave himself in a mirror where he can’t see his reflection and the wolfman is combing himself. While Frankenstein is in a stall trying to grab the Mummy’s wrappings from the nearby stall to use as toilet paper.)

horror haven 4.png

horror haven 5.jpg

The Spooky Monster Sound Show
----- (stageshow, similar to original version)
----- (The Monster Sound Show was an opening day attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It explored how sound effects were created for films and television by inviting four guests to participate as foley artists and create sounds for a horror-comedy short featuring Martin Short and Chevy Chase. The main lobby is filled with fake movie posters starring different monsters like “Father of the Bride of Frankenstein”, “Mummy Dearest” and “Drac to the Future”)

horror haven creature 1.jpeg

horror haven creature 2.png

Creature Choice Awards
----- (stageshow, similar to kitchen kabaret)
----- (Inside the Dracula’s castle is a monstrously great attraction. A comedic animatronics show taking the form of an Awards Show for classic movie monsters, hosted by Eddie Murphy (as "Eddie Frankenmurphy") and featuring Elvira, Mistress of the Dark as one of the presenters. The main subplot of the show would follow Godzilla, the guest of honor and recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award, on his journey from Japan to Hollywood Adventure, which would regularly be shown on the main screen before literally bringing down the house in the finale.)

Streetmosphere

Victor Frankenstein, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Igor, Dracula and The Wolfman

Restaurants

Frankenstein Monster Burger, Count Dracula Cafe, The Wolfman’s Full Moon and Dr. Deadman’s Mad Laboratory

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

They should have kept some of the studio stuff at Hollywood. Superstar Television was hilarious. I used to watch it over and over again on my Disney vacation planner dvd. They'd show an audience member along side Tim Allen on Home Improvement during it's segment.

So much fun! They could have just updated it to fit shows from this time period. Though ABC is a bit of a dumpster fire now and nowhere near it's TGIF heyday.

oogie boogie man

They should have kept some of the studio stuff at Hollywood. Superstar Television was hilarious. I used to watch it over and over again on my Disney vacation planner dvd. They'd show an audience member along side Tim Allen on Home Improvement during it's segment.

So much fun! They could have just updated it to fit shows from this time period. Though ABC is a bit of a dumpster fire now and nowhere near it's TGIF heyday.

I don't agree with everything Disney has done with Hollywood (Great Movie), but even I have to admit the park is vastly better now than it was. I do think that modern Disney has a problem with themings though (parks and resorts). Either they are going plain or they are going away from the original identities too much (Moana).

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
horror haven restaurant 1.png

horror haven restaurant 2.png

summer-horror-09.jpg

a18093eb27f60f3429b1e8f67e34aaf5.jpg

Frankenstein Monster Burger (quick service)

A relaxing spot for burgers and chicken sandwiches. The décor is similar to Restaurantosaurus, but monster themed. With loads of funny movie posters with our favorite dead man… made out of different human body parts. As you dine inside you can enjoy funny tunes. Different and sometimes really weird 1950’s/60’s halloween music like “Frankenstein Twist”, “Mr. Were-Wolf”, “Graveyard Cha Cha”,“Castin my Spell”, “Drac’s Back” and of course the king of monster ballads “Monster Mash”.

Count Dracula Cafe (table service)

A much more fancier restaurant than Frankenstein's, you can choose from a variety of meals. Even steaks… Dracula tends to stay away from. Dine on coffin shaped tables in some of the nicest cobwebbed rooms you’ll ever see.

Wolfman’s Full Moon (walkup)

It’s hard to miss this place, since the wolfman’s stuck in the sign of it. Here they serve a variety of different Chicken Wings and Specialty Drinks and Snacks like homemade moon pies.

Doctor Deadman’s Mad Laboratory (bar and tavern)

Similar to Trader Sam’s, but in a laboratory/bar setting. Though he is now dead the Doctor can still make some interesting concoctions. Each with their own unique mug or cup.

The Great Gonzo

The Frankenstein place sounds like lots of fun. I love the atmosphere at Restaurantosaurus, so that is a big selling point for me. The music and theming are so funny, if this place is anything like it it's a dream.

Yeah, it's too bad we may have to eventually lose Restaurantosaurus. I always love going there for a bite to eat. The music and decor are for some reason very relaxing to me.

The Lochness Monsta

Count Drac's place sounds like it doesn't' suck. Hopefully the new monster section as Epic is anywhere near as great as this concept. If so we're in for a real treat.

I love Halloween so this whole section tickles me. There was a restaurant in another thread that kinda fits what I'm thinking Dracula's restaurant should look like. When it comes to it's décor.

It's the old Haunted Mansion restaurant thread.

oogie boogie man

I like the theming for Doctor Deadman's joint. It sounds like it could be really happening like Trader Sam's. The laundry list of possible ideas for drinks and sides are endless. You could have a bubbling one like they do for during the Halloween season, using dry ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom