News Disney's Hollywood Studios Ronto Roasters and Pizze Rizzo to reduce operating hours, Backlot Express to increase hours

Brer Panther

PizzeRizzo isn't very Muppety, from what I've heard the food sucks, and Rizzo has been reduced to non-speaking cameos since they kicked Steve Whitmire out. As far as I'm concerned, bulldoze it and use the space for a Muppets dark ride.

TrainsOfDisney

PizzeRizzo isn't very Muppety, from what I've heard the food sucks, and Rizzo has been reduced to non-speaking cameos since they kicked Steve Whitmire out. As far as I'm concerned, bulldoze it and use the space for a Muppets dark ride.
Lack of space isn’t what’s keeping us from having a muppets dark ride. I do agree that it’s a shame we lost Steve :-/

Figments Friend

I would say this adjustment in operating hours is being done in response to Disney noticing most typical Guests visiting Studios want 'burgers and fries'.
This certainly seemed to be the case when I was there last week.

Backlot Express was quite full , even though it is a 'mobile order' location.
Ronto's seemed fairly sparse and PizzeRizzo's looked closed.....but it wasn't.

-

TrainsOfDisney

I would say this adjustment in operating hours is being done in response to Disney noticing most typical Guests visiting Studios want 'burgers and fries'.

-
How was docking bay cargo?

Lora Baines Bradley

Very sad. When I was at HS last time I saw some of my former coworkers when I worked at Woody’s working at Rizzo's. I hope they stay on and aren’t affected by the layoffs.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

-
You could say that for the majority of Disney guests. Epcot's world showcase would do much better it people would expand their pallets.

phillip9698

-

Its strange to me that you have a place where you can get good and different food if you are willing to just do a wee bit of research and people dont take advantage of it. Maybe people just default to burgers, fries, and chicken tenders because they have kids and they know the kids will always eat that. But pizza should also be on that kid friendly list too so maybe it was because the place is now out of the way that it didnt do much business. Pizza Planet seemed to keep a crowd when it was still called that.

techgeek

Anyone on these boards could have predicted it's outright failure if we were given the plans from inception. Serving the same awful pizza and having virtually no change to the Pizza Planet menu were mistakes #1-12.

I mean, pizza is my favorite food and has been since I could chew. I’ve always been of the mind that a bad pizza is still a pizza, and I can count on one hand the number of times in my life that I’ve left a slice on the plate and declared it inedible.

WDW produced all but one of those occasions, their history with pizza is just that bad.

Figments Friend

Always felt 'PizzeRizzo' should have taken a step in the direction of 'Rainforest Cafe' or 'T-Rex Cafe' and had a Muppet-inspired Show element.
Take a page from history like the original idea for the 'Enchancted Tiki Room' and have animatronic characters spread around the restaurants that do random things periodically as Guests enjoyed their food.
The various small Muppet rat character would have been perfect for this...as they are small enough to hide anywhere and could pop up and out of literally anything during a meal.

When the project was first announced, i had the impression this was something they were considering but perhaps it was deemed too expensive to add such elements.
Would have made a big difference, and made this place somewhat unique in the Park as far as QS dining locations go.
The 'Show' elements would have also added a great novelty and definitely made the place more fun and 'Muppety' befitting of it's theme choice.

A missed opportunity for sure.
This was a chance to do something creative with something as simple as a quick service pizza joint.
Disney of yore used to excel at taking the 'normal' and turning it onto it's head to make something truly memorable.

-

RSoxNo1

I mean, pizza is my favorite food and has been since I could chew. I’ve always been of the mind that a bad pizza is still a pizza, and I can count on one hand the number of times in my life that I’ve left a slice on the plate and declared it inedible.

WDW produced all but one of those occasions, their history with pizza is just that bad.
I'll actually eat the flatbread pizzas that they've had within the last 10 years. Enough red pepper makes those edible. The circular super doughy offerings at PizzeRizzo are awful and the demand for the restaurant bears that out. Sure, people are allowed to like it but it was a wasted refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom