Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

bhg469

What "studio type" atrractions are left in Universal Studios? Aside from maybe Fear Factor live?

Epcot has survived on a name with no relevant meaning for decades now. And surprisingly few guests question the name Epcot or wonder what it means. I think its better for a park to keep a name long-term than to keep switching because it doesn't precisely fit the current direction its headed.
Makeup show, animal actors, loosely could count the mummy.

britain

I personally just don't like Adventure at the end of any park name. It's too singular for a whole park. For an attraction lik Indiana Jones Adventure it's fine, but I've never liked the name Disney California Adventure. I similarly wouldn't want it here.

Disney Hollywoodland
Disney Hollywood Kingdom

Brer Oswald

How? the Studios parts are going. The "Old Hollywood" parts are staying. I am pretty sure the final name will be Disney Hollywood Adventure.
When I think Pixar, Lucasfilms, Disney Animation, and old Hollywood Studios, what I see in common is that they are all studios themselves, not that they all are a part of Hollywood. But I digress, maybe that's just me.

HMF

When I think Pixar, Lucasfilms, Disney Animation, and old Hollywood Studios, what I see in common is that they are all studios themselves, not that they all are a part of Hollywood. But I digress, maybe that's just me.
If they were actually keeping the studio theming (which they are not) I would agree with you. I personally feel theming the lands to the different studios would fix the identity problems and save a lot of money but they are going the MK 2.0 route for better or for worse.

MayorLionheart

I just really dont see Hollywood Adventure making much sense. Hollywood is even more of a thing of the past than when the park opened in '89; most movies just aren't made there anymore. It's clear the park's identity is drifting away from the nostalgia of Hollywood (Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd) and drifting towards IP-based lands of movies that weren't even made in Hollywood. If you look at Pixar and Lucasfilm, the anchors of the park, neither are even Hollywood film companies.

HMF

I just really dont see Hollywood Adventure making much sense. Hollywood is even more of a thing of the past than when the park opened in '89; most movies just aren't made there anymore. It's clear the park's identity is drifting away from the nostalgia of Hollywood (Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd) and drifting towards IP-based lands of movies that weren't even made in Hollywood. If you look at Pixar and Lucasfilm, the anchors of the park, neither are even Hollywood film companies.
"The Hollywood that never was and always will be"

RAXIP

"The Hollywood that never was and always will be"
Not a place on the map, but a state of mind...

Studio-Statues-006.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Even thought a lot of movies aren't made in Hollywood, the general public still associates the word "Hollywood" with movies.

No Name

I do wonder if they are going to do the full re-dedication thing like they did with DCA. with the new name and Iger's signature on the plaque.

I was a bit annoyed when they did that with DCA, but since it was built as a crappy park, I could understand. A "reopening" was arguably justified.

DHS has been a much more well-themed and well-received park throughout its history, so if Iger rededicates it, I feel like it's a cruel effort to take away Eisner's legacy and get his name on the plaque instead. A reopening is unneccesary and unwarranted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom