Disney's Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary?

Marc Gil

Yes!! I remember meeting the Power Rangers over at DHS! That would be a total throwback! They should've done something like that!

mm52200

Honestly it's ashame how sad these events were but also Disney didn't even seem to really hype up the day all that much online. I know people have more of an attachment I guess to Epcot and MK but on their recent celebrations of 30 and 40 they were much more crowded. It seemed like Disney announced today's events about a week ago. It's a shame because DHS really is/was a special park with a great history, sad that it's birthday wasn't properly celebrated.

aladdin2007

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the Festivies that were held today so far. The rededication ceremony was dry, and the motorcade was strangely plain and awkward... Overall, it was very un-disneylike...

It looks like they just planned all of this last minute, which makes me kinda dumbfounded. 25 years is a pretty big milestone! Remember the castle cake that everyone loathed? Remember the Disneyland special that we all watched on cassette?

Anyway, I hope the firework ceremony really kicks off the celebration..

It appeared to be pretty cheap and thrown together. Disney has lost its touch and just doesnt seem to care anymore. The princesses looked ridiculous on top of those cars. They seem to have lowered themselves to local fair/carnival level anymore, really is a shame. Use to be a company that prided itself on parades and performances, but not allowed to have that these days.

filmy3

It is kind of surprising that there are no current refurbishments and nothing in the works for Hollywood Studios. I think that a great 25th anniversary gift would be an announcement for Cars Land like in Disneyland or Star Wars Land because of it's popularity. I feel like Disney has something in the works especially when Bob Iger basically announced it back in November (2013).

PhotoDave219

It appeared to be pretty cheap and thrown together. Disney has lost its touch and just doesnt seem to care anymore. The princesses looked ridiculous on top of those cars. They seem to have lowered themselves to local fair/carnival level anymore, really is a shame. Use to be a company that prided itself on parades and performances, but not allowed to have that these days.

Actually was very similar to the villains party except for that whole meeting rare characters part.

I thought it was very well done and from operational standpoint, this is exactly what they should do for Star Wars weekends and those ridiculous crowds. Operations was spot on with exactly what they needed to do and everything was staffed properly.

However the entertainment as a whole, it wasn't the draw they were expecting. And I think that has to do with the characters they had out characters you meet every single day.

I thought the fireworks were very well done… It wasn't bad as far as celebrations go. I would prefer different entertainment with rare characters to meet and more of a old Hollywood atmosphere but that's just what interests me.

As for the parade? It was essentially the Star Wars processional… five minutes. Tops.

PhotoDave219

It is kind of surprising that there are no current refurbishments and nothing in the works for Hollywood Studios. I think that a great 25th anniversary gift would be an announcement for Cars Land like in Disneyland or Star Wars Land because of it's popularity. I feel like Disney has something in the works especially when Bob Iger basically announced it back in November (2013).

You would think that, wouldn't you?

mm52200

The fireworks show was amazing, just watched it. I agree, I wish they had embraced more of the old Hollywood vibe, they seem to forget that's the half of the park that works really well. In fact if the park and imagineering embraced that side of the park more that'd be a step in the right direction for the park. I wish the Studios would get a parade and some kind of show in the center of the park back. Too bad Paris has the Stars and Motorcars Parade cars, I'd be happy with even that coming back. The park is missing a lot of energy these days.

Cmdr_Crimson

Fireworks were good...But, it's a shame they couldn't have done it in the vein of Sorcery in the Sky...
tumblr_n080k18fPc1r1pz1eo4_1280.jpg

Marc Gil

The fireworks looked great in the video. I would imagine them looking pretty incredible in person.

I personally loved the ToT segment and the Be Our Guest segment. Overall, it was a great fireworks show, but I still have mixed feelings about the rest of the festivities... Especially the Chevy parade, which I now view with scorn...

Oh my, I have to stop with this negativity!!! :facepalm:
Fireworks were good...But, it's a shame they couldn't have done it in the vein of Sorcery in the Sky...
tumblr_n080k18fPc1r1pz1eo4_1280.jpg
See, this show was timeless... If inflatable Mickey appeared during these fireworks and shot the fireworks out of his finger, I probably would've shed a tear...

Again, sorry for all the wild emotions. DHS is the park that I enjoyed the most during my childhood and it still holds a special place in my heart.

PhotoDave219

By the time I headed to do fireworks, (745) it wasn't busy.

It was mostly cast members.

Again, operations had their A game today. The rerouting of traffic was a very smart idea and I will bet it is replicated in the future

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom