"Disney's Great Escapes"

sbkline

This is the title of a WDW special that aired on the Travel Channel a year ago. I set my DVR to record it, but unfortunately, it was a rainy day that day. I have Dish Network and it seems like almost all that has to happen for the reception to go out is for a few sprinkles of rain to fall. Well, somehow, amidst the rain of that day, the reception managed to stay intact for most of the airing, but it went out for 10 or 15 minutes. It went out during the Yacht Club segment and came back on in time to see them talk about the Hoop dee doo, so I think I missed alot of the coverage of Ft Wilderness.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who has that show recorded and who has the the know how to burn it to a DVD and mail to me. PM me if you think you may be able to help me out. :wave:

I'm really not sure why this was the only time they have ever aired this show...at least in the couple years that I've been keeping my eye out on Disney specials. All the other ones they show over and over again, but I had never seen this one on until September 8, 2007, nor have I ever seen it played again. :shrug:

I originally posted this in the Movies and TV forum, but then I thought it may fit here (and get seen alot more since this forum gets much more traffic), since the show pertains to the resorts, as opposed to just being a TV show by the Walt Disney Company.

sbkline

Original Poster
Is this a longer version of what was in the Disney Splurge show? I'm thinking about the family of four that went with the guide and toured the jungle.

No, but alot of it does seem to be recycled Samantha Brown footage. When it talks about the GF, AKL, Y&B Club and WL, some of the same footage is used, and a couple times, you can even see Samantha Brown. It has a male narrator, but he uses that same Samantha Brown line about "various price ranges that pretty much suit everyone's taste and budget".

But it also has some extra stuff. In addition to some footage of the aforementioned resorts that isn't on the Samantha Brown shows, it also talks about Saratoga Springs and Pop Century. Unfortunately, it also wastes the last 10 minutes or so talking about DL and DCL.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom