Disney's Electrical Parade Floats are Leaving Disneyland (picture)

miles1

This may be a dumb question, but do they actually ship it across country by truck or is it just trucked to an airport to be shipped by air? Cross country by truck seems like it would be awfully slow and much more risky for damage. I can't imagine those crates are going to clear every underpass and Jersey barrier between Cali and Florida.

etwtec

The parade is now being called Disney's Electrical Parade, DEP, which it what the Drum float shows and is on all signage and Cast Member documentation. "Main Street" is not longer being used anywhere.

As of now, the floats are set to arrive over the next few weeks while the cast is currently rehearsing on the ground. The cast is said to start rehearsing with the floats the week of May 20th and with a scheduled "official" opening date being Saturday June 12th.

UHH June 12???? You mean they are not starting MSEP when Summer Nightastic starts on June 6th???? :veryconfu

THEMEPARKPIONEER

To be honest I like Spectro Magic much better. I hope what ever happens they have Jimmy cricket do the hosting and the announcements. That alone makes a great atmosphere in my opinion.

_Scar

Yea, I really hope MSEP doesn't overstay its welcome into the 40th... :/

I'll miss Jiminy hosting the nighttime spectaculars this summer ):

spectrodanny

and unlike it's last trek cross country,for this one the floats are being shipped in crates So did I read that right that the parade will retain the "Disney's Electrical Parade" title? if so that would be quite disapointing as Meg Crofton specifically called it "The Main Street Electrical Parade"

spectrodanny

The parade is now being called Disney's Electrical Parade, DEP, which it what the Drum float shows and is on all signage and Cast Member documentation. "Main Street" is not longer being used anywhere.

As of now, the floats are set to arrive over the next few weeks while the cast is currently rehearsing on the ground. The cast is said to start rehearsing with the floats the week of May 20th and with a scheduled "official" opening date being Saturday June 12th.
any idea why they are not calling it the "Main Street" Electrical Parade?? after all that's how Meg Crofton introduced it at the Press announcement?

dlpwishes

I should think they'll replace the text on the Drum, to say Main Street Electrical Parade. It has 'Presented by Sylvania' on it was well, right? which may be removed as well.

I think they will re-introduce it as MSEP. It wouldn't be right otherwise.

mpaul32001

I should think they'll replace the text on the Drum, to say Main Street Electrical Parade. It has 'Presented by Sylvania' on it was well, right? which may be removed as well.

I think they will re-introduce it as MSEP. It wouldn't be right otherwise.

I'm pretty sure since they made such a big deal about it leaving last time, selling merchandise and such for the farewell, they can't legally bring it back using the same name. That looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I think legally the name will never go back.

puntagordabob

It was announced as the MSEP is returning to WDW repeatedly by Disney...so it takes no rocket science to assume the drum will be marked as such!

ryno1982

It will definitely be the Main Street Electrical Parade. It doesn't take much work to change the drum. The only reason it was called Disney's Electrical Parade is because DCA doesn't have a Main Street. And the farewell thing only applies to Disneyland Park.

spectrodanny

(crosses fingers that WDW will add Christmas music to the soundtrack for the holidays and release a CD of it if they do. the Christmas music they did last time the Parade was in town was quite good)

kingdaniel97

I'm pretty sure since they made such a big deal about it leaving last time, selling merchandise and such for the farewell, they can't legally bring it back using the same name. That looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I think legally the name will never go back.

They lied, they sold me this shirt saying it was leaving the park and while it did now that it's coming back I no longer want the shirt? That lawsuit wouldn't hold water in a puddle.

WDW-Crazy

When someone mentioned about this being around for a year or two, I hope that's true because I would love to see them extend the parade into Sept when we'll be there. I haven't seen it since 1989, so it would be a definite welcome! I've seen SpectroMagic twice now but to see the original again would surpass that! :)

etwtec

OMG ILL GET TO SEE THE FIRST PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Well someone stated that the opening will not happen till the 12th! I hope that is not true and if it is it does not make sense since Summer Nightastic begins on the 6th.... I can see a LOT of guest complaints!

mpaul32001

They lied, they sold me this shirt saying it was leaving the park and while it did now that it's coming back I no longer want the shirt? That lawsuit wouldn't hold water in a puddle.

I was referring more to the fact that they made the trip cross country to see it or something, but I do see what you mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom