Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Resort earn four diamond AAA

sweetpee_1993

Don't the rooms need to be clean to earn such a high rating? Ours was quite icky when we arrived and the dust bunnies on the shelves and under the vanity were quite rowdy. LOL!

DonaldDoleWhip

The Polynesian definitely deserves this honor. Our recent stay there was great!

I actually hate the Contemporary, however. In our Jan' 08 visit, we booked a tower Magic Kingdom view. When we arrived, they gave us concierge Bay Lake view. When we tried to get the situation fixed, the staff accused us of lying. And after we proved that we were supposed to have a Magic Kingdom view, it was too late to switch rooms, so they gave us a refund for the stay. Yet they weren't courteous enough to apologize directly. Our experience at the Contemporary was terrible to the awful service, so I'm shocked.

Scooter

I actually hate the Contemporary, however. In our Jan' 08 visit, we booked a tower Magic Kingdom view. When we arrived, they gave us concierge Bay Lake view. When we tried to get the situation fixed, the staff accused us of lying. And after we proved that we were supposed to have a Magic Kingdom view, it was too late to switch rooms, so they gave us a refund for the stay. Yet they weren't courteous enough to apologize directly. Our experience at the Contemporary was terrible to the awful service, so I'm shocked.

I'm sorry you had a bad experiance.

My wife and I have stayed at Disney's Contemporary Resort several times and have never had a bad experiance. We have even been upgraded to a Tower room without even asking on more than one occasion. While on one trip, our Travel agent screwed up. We requested a Concierge level 12th floor room but the travel agent booked just a tower room. The Desk Clerk talked to her supervisor and we ended up with a 12th floor Concierge room our whole trip at no extra charge. We LOVE this resort!:sohappy:

rainfully

The Polynesian was actually announced as a Four Diamond resort last year. I even have a picture of the cake for the celebration they had for Poly CM's in March of last year:

250018286-M.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Yeah, this is old, old, old news, the Contemporary and Polynesian earned four-diamond ratings almost a year ago now. In fact, we're awaiting review from AAA for this years rating.

sweetpee_1993

I have yet to stay at Poly. I definitely felt the rooms at POP were cleaner/fresher than those at Contemporary. Shocking considering the price difference. :eek:

WDWFigment

Don't the rooms need to be clean to earn such a high rating? Ours was quite icky when we arrived and the dust bunnies on the shelves and under the vanity were quite rowdy. LOL!

Have you two ever thought that maybe your experiences were isolated? I know it sucks when you personally have a bad experience, but one (or even a handful) of anecdotal evidence doesn't make something the general rule. I'm sure there are people who have had bad experiences at the world's highest regarded resorts...

sweetpee_1993

Have you two ever thought that maybe your experiences were isolated? I know it sucks when you personally have a bad experience, but one (or even a handful) of anecdotal evidence doesn't make something the general rule. I'm sure there are people who have had bad experiences at the world's highest regarded resorts...

Actually, prior to our stay in December I had read numerous reviews on allearsnet where people mentioned the lack of cleanliness in the rooms. I had hoped that these were over-analytical, germophobes, or the isolated incidents you mentioned. I really really did hope that this was not the norm and that my experience would not be similar in any way. I know another person on these boards who stayed at the Contemporary the same time I did and had some comments on the cleanliness as well. With so many comments on lack of cleanliness it seems a bit more than just isolated. Think about how many people never comment on their experiences. There could be many more. Nobody would ever know if no one ever spoke up. I appreciate when other people share their experiences good or bad so that I know what to look for. I try to do the same whenever I can. If you read my entire review on allearsnet I also complimented where I found things I liked.

I admit, this was a hard one on me. This was the first time I ever spent that kind of money on hotel accomodations at WDW. We went into it with pretty high expectations. I don't regret doing it because it was an experience I wanted to try and I'd always wonder about if I hadn't. I just felt for that kind of money cleanliness is a basic enough thing that it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Yes, I've stayed in other luxury-type hotels in my travels as well as inexpensive, budget places. In terms of cleanliness, I have only stayed in one other hotel that was dirtier...and that's when my sons learned to take showers as toddlers. LOL!

I haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was very young so I don't remember the stays, but we stayed at the Poly last October and I definitely think they deserve this rating. We didn't have one issue with the cleanliness of it anywhere while we there. It was beautiful and clean. In fact when we came home, I sent a letter thanking our mousekeeper for going what I thought was above and beyond everyday taking care of our room. It always sparkled! Our upcoming trip, I offered 2 weeks at Pop (which we enjoyed too) or 9 days at the Poly and my children chose the Poly even though it was less time :) because it was such an amazing resort and all of the castmembers were so nice!:)

DonaldDoleWhip

I understand that my specific experience at the Contemporary would be very uncommon, but I would have been fine if the service wasn't so poor. And on many review sites, I've read that the Contemporary's service is below par in comparison to other deluxe resorts (from experience, I agree).

The one aspect of the trip I liked was the room. I actually like the new furnishings and we didn't have a dirty room. But no matter who we spoke to about our view issue, all CMs (at least 5) were rude and unhelpful until we proved the mistake with our reservation history. Service was the main problem for us.

True Knowledge

While I love the Contemporary itself, the hotel design, room view & style. the service was abdominal, room service never came, they lied about a do not disturb sign on our door. Also I recall dust near the TV as well and some stick stuff on a night table or something. I also recall food service staff being a problem. Maybe they think were all rich snobs? Got a free night out of it though so meh. Cant' see myself staying there again anytime soon.

raiden

Ive have never had a problem at the contemporary. Rooms were clean, CM were very helpful and service was outstanding!! And the valet guys are great!!

Wonderful to see the Poly get this honor; it definitely deserves it. I've stayed there almost every year for 20 years, and I've never had a problem. Honestly, it's my favorite place in WDW. Though staying there this summer after being randomly upgraded to the King Kamehameha suite last year will be a bit of a bummer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom