Disney's Club 33 film in the works

CaptinEO

Just disgusting. A Disney sanctioned movie about someone getting MURDERED on Disney property? In Walt's club of all places.

What the heck is wrong with this company? What's next a movie where Walt gets kidnapped on Main Street?

UNCgolf

Just disgusting. A Disney sanctioned movie about someone getting MURDERED on Disney property? In Walt's club of all places.

What the heck is wrong with this company? What's next a movie where Walt gets kidnapped on Main Street?

Well it's not about someone getting murdered on Disney property. It doesn't take place in an actual Club 33 location at Disney.

I do think it's bizarre to make a movie based off an exclusive club that the vast majority of guests have no chance of ever seeing, though.

Last edited:

TP2000

Reading the plot summary, it appears to have no connection to Disneyland or any Disney property. It's about a New York City detective in some weird clubhouse murder-mystery thing.

Although this part of the plot summary made me chuckle...

"The club’s members are the greatest and most iconic members from the past: geniuses, royalty and history-makers."

I have had the Sunday brunch and several nice dinners at Club 33 over the years, and I have had several cocktails at 1901 Lounge. A couple visits were as a business guest of Standard Oil decades ago now, and a couple more recent visits that were purely social visits via a club member friend.

Never in those visits did I encounter anyone who might be considered a genius (myself included), there certainly wasn't any royalty, and the "history-maker" label is dubious at best. What I did find during Club 33 meals and visits were a group of upper-middle class Disneyland fans, a few business groups, and in more recent years some awkward nerdy Disneyland lifestylers who somehow wrangled an invite for Likes.

The Club 33 clientele is pleasant overall, but it's not exactly a MENSA convention or a WEF meeting in Davos. 🤣

Tha Realest

These movies don't feel like movies anymore. More and more they just feel like thinly veiled marketing efforts for something else the company wants to promote.

I eagerly await the upcoming "Mystery at The Disney's Polynesian Resort Island Tower®" if DVC sales look to be slow. :rolleyes:
At least when they used to do that more blatantly…

1) they put them on Sunday night’s Wonderful World of Disney
2) they were budgeted accordingly
3) people actually watched them.

Vegas Disney Fan

Actually the more I think about this it could be tied to the whole Society of Explorers and Adventurers universe they have been trying to setup for a few years now. Plus Ultra could be part of that and so I don't see why this couldn't be a spiritual successor to the TL movie.
The society of explorers and adventurers would be the perfect foundation for an interconnected set of mystery and adventure movies from Disney, they could even add “ride” connections into it… it would take creativity though so doubtful we’ll see anything that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The society of explorers and adventurers would be the perfect foundation for an interconnected set of mystery and adventure movies from Disney, they could even add “ride” connections into it… it would take creativity though so doubtful we’ll see anything that.
They have been working on a few movies that involve S.E.A. for a few years now, Ryan Reynolds is even involved in one. They are mentioned the article about this project. So it wouldn’t surprise me if this was linked in someway to S.E.A. also.

MoonRakerSCM

I saw the hwadline... and shook my head... then I read the story and burst out laughing.

This is just Tomorrowland with a 33 in front of it. No one except the fanatic tik tokers are going to like this.

Disney's got issues man. Serious issues.

Cariad

I think the term 'running out of original ideas' springs to mind. Now if it involved Wolverine and Deadpool themselves then I'm interested;)

Tha Realest

I saw the hwadline... and shook my head... then I read the story and burst out laughing.

This is just Tomorrowland with a 33 in front of it. No one except the fanatic tik tokers are going to like this.

Disney's got issues man. Serious issues.
What if we made a murder mystery*…

…about a secretive society…

…that even many ardent theme park fans have never heard of, let alone experienced?

*PG-13, no less

erasure fan1

What if we made a murder mystery*…

…about a secretive society…

…that even many ardent theme park fans have never heard of, let alone experienced?

*PG-13, no less
Sadly it stands a better chance than a thunder mountain, space mountain, test track or any known park property. They might get lucky and people will think it's something new because they've never heard of club 33.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom