Disney's Art of Animation Resort Family Suites and good?

KwikE

Original Poster
Hello, I was planning a trip out and came across these room these room. I was wondering if any one had good or bad thoughts on them. Since the price is kinda high for a value resort.

Thanks for your time

Matt_Black

We stayed at the Finding Nemo family suite one year. Very nice. 2 bathrooms, 3 beds (one being a murphy bed that converts into a mini-dining table), mini-kitchen area... Overall, quite nice.

donaldtoo

In July of '12, when only the Finding Nemo and Cars sections were open, we stayed in a Cars family suite and loved it.
But, the prices were considerably lower, and I was a CM at our local Disney Store at the time so we also got a 60% discount.
When we wanted to book it again for our June of '13 trip, the prices had gone up considerably, and there were blackout dates for CM discounts during the time we were going to be there. It was just not going to be worth it to us.
We opted for a family suite at ASMusic (where we had already stayed in a family suite on our July of '07 trip) at a much lower rate, and were also able to use my CM discount. We liked it just fine.
As I said, we really loved our stay at AoA. Great suites, great food court, great pools, and theming.
If you can afford it, I'd say give it a whirl once, and see what ya'll think.
It is a neat resort...! :)

patch553

we stayed at the cars section and absolutely loved it, the theming is amazing,as is the whole resort.the feature pool is great and the food court has a wide selection we would stay again in a heartbeat

wannabeBelle

As others have mentioned, this isnt a typical Value resort room either. I was really impressed with the food court at this resort, and the Suites are cute. Depending on the needs of your travel party, it may or may not make sense for you. For me personally, it wouldn't be worth it. I tend to travel alone or with one other person on most of my trips, I dont need the kitchenette or dining table at all. Many families prefer having some common living areas and this is certainly less expensive than the Deluxe Villa type of properties that would offer something similar. I think it is a great in between option with a reasonable price tag for a larger family. Marie

surfsupdon

And remember that ye,s you do have extra beds, but they are not in locked off rooms. So you don't get access to your living room sofa if you have it pulled out as a bed and someone is using it. You also don't get access to your dining table if its morphed into a bed and someone is using it. In theory it sounded good, but in use I did not find the rooms practical for our family of 4s needs.

I am certain for some families it is perfect. Not for us.

But like I said above, they have a terrific food court with very healthy options.

Kat326

My family's stayed in a Lion king suite the last 2 trips and we've loved it! The theming is awesome.
We really love having the two bathrooms. That way in the mornings, my parents can use one and my BF & I can use the other, and we get to the parks quicker by all of us being ready quicker! The extra space compared to a standard room is nice too (especially our last trip when we went to MNSSHP and had 4 costumes & all their accessories to hang up!!)

HatboxGhost

My wife and I LOVE staying in the Cars suite. Its only the two of us, and its a bit more money, but its nice having what amounts to a small apartment and the best thing is that there are two showers and we can get ready at the same time so we can get out asap in the morning. The Radiator Springs design is really cool and I am sure the other suites are just as nice. We have stayed at few different resorts and this has been the best experience so far which is why we are going back later this year.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I stayed at Art of Animation in October of 2012. I stayed in The Lion King suites. The theme was awesome and I liked the options in the food court.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom