Disney's Again.........

Carolyn1717

Original Poster
Disney Takes Back Disney Stores

BURBANK, Calif. (AP) – Walt Disney Co. said Thursday it has taken over the Disney Store chain in North America from Children's Place Retail Stores, and will close about 98 stores in the US and two in Canada.

TheDisneyMagic

Have a scroll down on the forums home page to the Walt Disney Company section, we have been discussing it there for a few weeks such as the actual stores that are closing.

raven

They are closing the one I'm working at as well as 6 others in the Southeast Michigan area. That's 7 out of 9 that will be closed since this past January. :(

All of the news articles say they are working with the lanlords at each existing place to make the final decision but that's wrong. Our landlord wants us to stay and even offered to lower the rent but Disney won't listen and is still closing it.

wedway71

Yep-Disney will operate 220 and close 98-100.

Im am soooooo mad.they gave James Fielding the job as new Disney Store President.
When I had lunch with Iger last week, he told me I was a sure fit for the job.:D

All kidding aside, he has done a stallar job in Consumer Products.I also have to back a fellow Hoosier.

wedway71

Is it going to (or has it already) to take over the UK DisneyStore?

Disney never lost ownership of the stores in Europe.The CP deal was for the North American stores only.

So now Disney Store will be owned by Disney for Europe,North America, and will work directly with OLC which operates the Disney Stores in Japan.

raven

Here's an email from our store manager today explaining the shut-down process. I was really quite shocked to hear some of it.

"At 9 AM, I was on a Conference Call with Disney, announcing the closing of the stores. I can't believe how "cold" they were about it!

Disney has hired Hilco, a company that handles store liquidations.

As for (our district manager), he has been informed by Disney he is not to contact ANY of his stores anymore, even though his last day is May 8! They have already assigned a new DM to take over the stores that will remain open!

The Hilco Rep came in and put a "store closing" sign in our doorway sign holder. The backstage is filled with "everything must go" and "entire store on sale" signs!

Here is a time line for liquidation events:

NOW: All Cast Members MUST punch in using a new Disney Employee Number! DO NOT use your old TCP six digit number. If you do, I will have no way of knowing it and you will NOT be paid! Be sure to get your NEW number from a Manager before punching in!

ASAP: You MUST come in the store to receive your "Offer Of Employment" Letter from the Walt Disney Company. After reading it, you must sign your name and write "accept" or "decline." Accept means you will stay on and work the remaining weeks. If you decline, it means you are turning down the job with Disney. I know it's only for 6-8 weeks, but I hope you all "accept" the job offer! I must fax your decision on Tuesday, so if you are not working before then, please stop in the store.

FRIDAY, MAY 2: Last day we will sell DVD's, CD's and Disney Dollars

SUNDAY, MAY 4: NO more Guest Holds, Last day for Cast Member discounts! We will have select "friends and family" days when we will get an additional discount off the liquidation price.

MONDAY, MAY 5: Liquidation Sale Begins. We will NOT accept Checks. All Sales are FINAL! The liquidation sale is expected to run 6-8 weeks.

See you Onstage,
(Manager)"

TheDisneyGirl02

Here's an email from our store manager today explaining the shut-down process. I was really quite shocked to hear some of it.

"At 9 AM, I was on a Conference Call with Disney, announcing the closing of the stores. I can't believe how "cold" they were about it!

As for (our district manager), he has been informed by Disney he is not to contact ANY of his stores anymore, even though his last day is May 8! They have already assigned a new DM to take over the stores that will remain open!

The Hilco Rep came in and put a "store closing" sign in our doorway sign holder. The backstage is filled with "everything must go" and "entire store on sale" signs!

NOW: All Cast Members MUST punch in using a new Disney Employee Number! DO NOT use your old TCP six digit number. If you do, I will have no way of knowing it and you will NOT be paid! Be sure to get your NEW number from a Manager before punching in!

ASAP: You MUST come in the store to receive your "Offer Of Employment" Letter from the Walt Disney Company. After reading it, you must sign your name and write "accept" or "decline." Accept means you will stay on and work the remaining weeks. If you decline, it means you are turning down the job with Disney. I know it's only for 6-8 weeks, but I hope you all "accept" the job offer! I must fax your decision on Tuesday, so if you are not working before then, please stop in the store.

SUNDAY, MAY 4: NO more Guest Holds, Last day for Cast Member discounts! We will have select "friends and family" days when we will get an additional discount off the liquidation price.

MONDAY, MAY 5: Liquidation Sale Begins. We will NOT accept Checks. All Sales are FINAL! The liquidation sale is expected to run 6-8 weeks.

See you Onstage,
(Manager)"

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about your store. It's almost unreal that that is happening to some of the stores. It doesn't seem very Disney-like and I feel so badly that it is happening. I know there is nothing that can be done, but please know that I am thinking about your Cast during this difficult time.

lilo091701

I am so sorry!!!

I feel your pain!! We were on the closing list on the first list that was put out but because our store is brand new (Pixie Dust) they decided to keep us and close a store close to us that was on the original staying open list!!!! We were VERY SURPRIZED!!!!! And very excited at the same time!!

We ALL are thinking of all the stores that are closing and praying for the best for all of you!!!!!!!

wedway71

I know they have a new Disney President and will have all Disney Executives for the DS.I also know that they will keep Store Managers and CMS.
Question is,it seems like they are letting District and Regional Managers go so where are they getting their replacements this quick?

lilo091701

They have no replacements. Because of the amount of stores that are closing they are just realining the remaining opening stores. My DM picked up 3 new stores that were a near by DM's and that persons job was elliminated because he only had 3 stores left after all his stores closed. In our original district we had 3 close!!!

Jellyfish

Disney never lost ownership of the stores in Europe.The CP deal was for the North American stores only.

So now Disney Store will be owned by Disney for Europe,North America, and will work directly with OLC which operates the Disney Stores in Japan.

Ok, thanks =]

jiminyfan

Question

See you Onstage,
(Manager)"

Have you been getting in new stock? Our store is really sad, looks like a budget outlet store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom