Disney's 2010 Promotion - Give a Day, Get a Disney Day

brkn3467

special FP?

Could someone in the know explain the special FP that was given out as part of the 2009 WWYC promotion? I am assuming that this years hoopla uses the same or similiar FP program? How many attractions were included? Were they spread across all parks or did you pick a park specific FP? :shrug:
Thanks!!

_Scar

Could someone in the know explain the special FP that was given out as part of the 2009 WWYC promotion? I am assuming that this years hoopla uses the same or similiar FP program? How many attractions were included? Were they spread across all parks or did you pick a park specific FP? :shrug:
Thanks!!

At Epcot, the FP was for each FP ride (Soarin, TT, Maelstrom...)

At least that's what I think. 75 dollars was way worth it over it.

kimmychad

That's a thought. Wow. I didn't even think of that. Get rid of the birthday thing. I guess because people caught on they are only saving a couple of dollars on a 5 day vacation for ONE PERSON. Good point, Cali!
-Nicholas

If anyone was only saving a couple dollars on a five day ticket because of the birthday promotion that's their choice. the option of a giftcard in the amount of a one day pass was (and is) there.

Next Big Thing

I mentioned this to my husband, but he does not seem that interested. I checked into the opportunities in our area. The opportunities include working with the public television station, the Salvation Army, the local food pantry, club/school sporting tournaments and a nature center etc.. I wonder what the figure with trading pins is like also. There are a limited number of tickets that are distributed by December 15, 2010 or until they are gone, which ever comes first. The ticket can be used up until that date, but there are blackout dates as well. I believe that date to be correct or close to.
Where did you find out what your local opportunities are?

Tarzan513

Just want to say that I think this is a great idea and I am very proud of Disney for trying to mobilize its large following. This is certainly not something that they have to do, but they have elected to try to make a difference; good for them.

Enderikari

To the best of my knowledge, using pretty good info, the Free on Your Birthday promotion and all associated "celebration" giveaways are stopping, as planned, on December 31, 2009. The "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" will completely supplant the FYOB, and to the best of my thoughts, it can't come fast enough. Its about time Disney started rewarding people for doing something good for someone else, as opposed to just breathing for another year. Disney guests already have an overinflated sense of entitlement, and FYOB only made it worse.

Poking around the FAQ seems to verify what I thought.
Free On Your Birthday

27. Can I still get free admission to a US Disney theme Park on my birthday?

Answer - You can get free admission to one of the theme parks of Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort on your birthday through December 31, 2009. Click here for terms and details. See Free on Your Birthday

One quick aside though.

Ghostbuster626 said:
Good thing my hommie John "E-Ticket" Lasseter is pushing against that mindset with a good lineup of new rides.
Good thing my hommie John "E-Ticket" Lasseter
hommie John "E-Ticket" Lasseter

:lookaroun:):lol::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::brick:

That may be the funniest thing I've seen today, for more than one reason. Thanks for the humor, GhostEnigmaReturnBuster

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Didn't realize Disney was getting into the community organizing business....

It's not community organizing, it's getting people out and volunteering through various charitable organizations in their area. That's a little different........

JWG

I'm hoping all the places aren't up yet. I put in a few different states and none of them had any locations to volunteer.

Am I missing where you can look? All I saw was the link to sign up for further e-mail notification. Is it true the volunteering has to happen in 2010 as well? We may go in January, 2010 but volunteering before that could be tough if it has to be in 2010.

The Conundrum

To the best of my knowledge, using pretty good info, the Free on Your Birthday promotion and all associated "celebration" giveaways are stopping, as planned, on December 31, 2009. The "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" will completely supplant the FYOB, and to the best of my thoughts, it can't come fast enough. Its about time Disney started rewarding people for doing something good for someone else, as opposed to just breathing for another year. Disney guests already have an overinflated sense of entitlement, and FYOB only made it worse.

Poking around the FAQ seems to verify what I thought.
Free On Your Birthday

27. Can I still get free admission to a US Disney theme Park on my birthday?

Answer - You can get free admission to one of the theme parks of Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort on your birthday through December 31, 2009. Click here for terms and details. See Free on Your Birthday

One quick aside though.

:lookaroun:):lol::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::brick:

That may be the funniest thing I've seen today, for more than one reason. Thanks for the humor, GhostEnigmaReturnBuster

ah here you are. I've been meaning to PM you since I haven't seen you in awhile. How have you been? :wave:

Ziggie

Saw it this morning on GMA. It was shortly after 8. I missed the beginning of GMA this morning but apparently they are at a school in Chicago where they made the announcement. The segment was probably 2 minutes long with Jay making the announcement. They keep going back to the school throughout the show giving info on how you can volunteer, links on the website, the Jammitors were there, etc...

Sam Champion was in Chicago at the Bethune School of Excellence as part of Disney Theme Park’s “Give A Day Get A Disney Day” announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom