Disney's 2010 Promotion - Give a Day, Get a Disney Day

prbiker15

I was expecting something bigger than this, if this was the only thing announced for 2010, but it's rather a excellent idea, giving chances to people. Great job Disney:)

AEfx

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
  • Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
  • A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
  • Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.
Very nice. Glad they are doing something other than just the free admission. The "Free on your Birthday" thing was kind of a joke because it only worked for locals who don't have AP's - which is a tiny portion of the WDW visitor base. Anyone else who has travelled all that way probably already has multi-day admission, making a "free day" really not much for most.

TheJonesys

It is a great idea, many charities are desperate for volunteers, but what about the people who volunteer lots of their time already, will they get a free ticket??

trr1

it looks liks Disney is running 2 programs
Disney announces 2010 celebrations
By Leah Zanolla
Sep 29, 2009

#1 Disney announced that it will continue its popular "What Will You Celebrate" promotion through 2010. Guests are encouraged to come to the parks to celebrate milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries and other special events. One thing that will change about 2010's celebration is that Disney is no longer offering a gift card in place of a park ticket on your birthday. In 2009, guests had the option on their birthdays of choosing a one-day park ticket, a $75 Disney gift card, or a special fastpass. Next year, the gifts offered will be a one-day park ticket, the special fastpass, an EarHat figurine with exclusive trading pins, or the option to donate your park ticket to a participating charity.

#2 A new program Disney scheduled to start in 2010 is called Give A Day Get A Disney Day. Guests pick a charitable organization from a list Disney provides. After completing a day volunteering with this organization, you will be given a certificate to redeem for a Disney theme park ticket.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Disney_News/Disney_announces_2010_celebrations.htm

calicommando

It looks like another option for AP holders would be to apply the ticket to a future AP.

From the FAQ:
May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?
Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value. However, the Guest is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the Guest.

:shrug:

DisneyRunner

I mentioned this to my husband, but he does not seem that interested. I checked into the opportunities in our area. The opportunities include working with the public television station, the Salvation Army, the local food pantry, club/school sporting tournaments and a nature center etc.. I wonder what the figure with trading pins is like also. There are a limited number of tickets that are distributed by December 15, 2010 or until they are gone, which ever comes first. The ticket can be used up until that date, but there are blackout dates as well. I believe that date to be correct or close to.

wdwwdeagle

Thread unrelated, but jvrabel... your avatar is the coolest I've seen yet! I would croak if I saw that rollin' down the highway. Lucky duck!

wdwwdeagle

Check out post #4

I was just reading the FAQs and came across this...

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
  • Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
  • A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
  • Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks.
I hope that they'll let your entire family take advantage of the promotion on the same day. For our family that would mean we could get one super FP, each kid could get the figurines/pin things, and we could then donate a ticket. If they'll let us all use our volunteer credits together, everyone wins! I like this promotion, too. Great PR for Disney, and worthwhile, to boot!

The Conundrum

Finally! a normal year.

Not while Jay Rasolu is in charge:

#1 Disney announced that it will continue its popular "What Will You Celebrate" promotion through 2010. Guests are encouraged to come to the parks to celebrate milestones such as birthdays, anniversaries and other special events. One thing that will change about 2010's celebration is that Disney is no longer offering a gift card in place of a park ticket on your birthday. In 2009, guests had the option on their birthdays of choosing a one-day park ticket, a $75 Disney gift card, or a special fastpass. Next year, the gifts offered will be a one-day park ticket, the special fastpass, an EarHat figurine with exclusive trading pins, or the option to donate your park ticket to a participating charity.

So graffiti on the monorails is staying but on the plus side I get a free ticket which means im setting foot in a Disney park alot sooner than 2011! Now I can finally see the new Hall of Presidents.

The Conundrum

quote from a Disney Executive-New Attractions cost too much and our guests don't care.:drevil:

statements like that make me so :fork:

Good thing my hommie John "E-Ticket" Lasseter is pushing against that mindset with a good lineup of new rides. Maybe once 2011 comes around and attendance actually spikes because of new rides those executives will learn (doubtful I know)

_Scar

Good thing my hommie John "E-Ticket" Lasseter is pushing against that mindset with a good lineup of new rides. Maybe once 2011 comes around and attendance actually spikes because of new rides those executives will learn (doubtful I know)

statements like that make me so :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom