DisneyQuest VR

Zerocool

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride and Ride the Comix are still in operation? I recently heard that Disney is closing DisneyQuest next year and I want to go there one last time during my trip to DisneyWorld later on this year.

Chef Kronk

Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride is still there, but Ride the Comix was closed last year to add more seating for FoodQuest.

Zerocool

Original Poster
Aw man, I should have tried out Ride the Comix when I had the chance. At least I'll get to try out Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride before it closes.

Have any of you guys tried out Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride? What's it like?

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah...It's nothing great...Your abu riding on the carpet flying around agrabah picking up gems, and the two scarab pieces. You then go to the cave of wonders find the lamp....And that's it..

thomas998

Aw man, I should have tried out Ride the Comix when I had the chance. At least I'll get to try out Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride before it closes.

One of the most uncomfortable rides I think you can find in DisneyQuest... Clearly the headsets were made for a particular size head in mind and if your head is larger than the standard they set out you will not enjoy it that much.

ProjectXBlog

honestly, it's worth a shot if you're into VR, but keep in mind that it's about 17 years old so it's going to be a really dated experience, compared to oculus vr

Bucfan87

It is a most uncomfortable experience but it has a great memory for me. I was like 6 or 7. We went to EPCOT as a family and random cast member approached us and asked if we wanted to be part of testing for an upcoming Disney attraction. my Aunt was 20 or so at the time and she spoke up saying yes! We were taken to a small theater near spaceship earth that had 3 stations on the stage that looked like jet ski's on the floor. they explained to the small crowd that virtual reality will soon be a part of attractions across WDW. My aunt came out with two other guests and they did a demo of the Aladdin attraction. I thought it was the coolest thing ever!. I asked my aunt about that for two years. Until one day i was watching Disney channel and a commercial for Disney Quest came on. On the screen was that Jet Ski! i freaked out! We had to go! i told everyone that i was gonna get the chance to fly a magic carpet like i had seen my aunt do that day at EPCOT. I will never forget that day at EPCOt, nor the first time i got to put that helmet on and fly the carpet. By today's standards its super lame, but at the time for a 9 year old growing up in the Nintendo vs. Sega Bit wars era, IT WAS AWESOME!!

Berret

In the Parks
No
Ride the Comix was fun to me. Only thing I didn't like is the VR masks you have to wear certainly aren't compatible with me wearing my glasses, but I could still see ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom