Disneyquest in Chicago closing!!!!!

Roy G. Dis

My brother-in-law visited DQ in Chicago often when he was a teenager and said it was awesome because no one was ever there so him and his friends could play some sort of teams based moving vehicle game over and over again. I didn't move to Chicago until after it became an ESPN Zone which I thought was pretty fun for an hour or two.

Also true Chicago pizza is the ultra thin, extra crispy Sausage/onion/green pepper tavern style special. But I love me some paddy sausage Gino's deep dish too.

ToTBellHop

I forgot about Modern... My college roommate was from Bradford so I ended up sampling all of them .. I don't remember Pepe's being burnt, although that was 20+ years ago....
Branford? That’s where I live.

I gave Pepe’s two shots and moved on. Too much good pizza up here.

Did you know there are people who call the stuff Pizzerizzo serves “pizza”? Gasp.

dreday3

Polish Sausage and Fries at "The Original" on Maxwell Street. MMMMMM

And a good Italian Beef from a great local stand (Johnnie's in Elmwood Park). Looks like a sloppy mess and tastes just as good! :D
beef.jpg

dreday3

My brother-in-law visited DQ in Chicago often when he was a teenager and said it was awesome because no one was ever there so him and his friends could play some sort of teams based moving vehicle game over and over again. I didn't move to Chicago until after it became an ESPN Zone which I thought was pretty fun for an hour or two.

Also true Chicago pizza is the ultra thin, extra crispy Sausage/onion/green pepper tavern style special. But I love me some paddy sausage Gino's deep dish too.

(last one)

My favorite thin crust is from Armands - which also happened to start in Elmwood Park many moons ago...

armands.jpg

Ricky Spanish

I don’t know what part of Chicago you’re from but “ultra thin, extra crispy” doesn’t sound like my Chicago pizza.
Tavern style does.
Born and raised in Chicago.
And deep dish is for tourists.
And a good Italian Beef from a great local stand (Johnnie's in Elmwood Park). Looks like a sloppy mess and tastes just as good! :D
View attachment 570864
Thanks for the dinner idea.
I’m about 15 minutes from Johnnie’s.
Combo, sweet, wet.

ArmoredRodent

There was, and I visited it shortly before it closed many years ago, while I was taking a break from a conference. As others have said, nobody was there, and the place hadn't been kept up. The LBV DQ was far better.

Homer fan

Branford? That’s where I live.

I gave Pepe’s two shots and moved on. Too much good pizza up here.

Did you know there are people who call the stuff Pizzerizzo serves “pizza”? Gasp.
Ya, Pepe's is burnt...I gave it 3 tries and hated it. My favorite is Colony in Stamford, but I'm a little biased because I grew up on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom