Trip Report Disneymoon aka the trip of ROLLER COASTERS!

Who: The newlyweds! Myself- Laura, 30 & husband Roland, 40
(he turns 41 one week before we leave!)
When: Oct 26 - Nov 2 2017
Where: Staying on property, at All Star Movies
Tickets: 6 day Park Hoppers

The day we tied the knot! May 18, 2017 in Hamilton, NJ
18556315_10100451011927267_494927323973703412_n.jpg
18835646_10100458178505387_1054385178980437903_n.jpg

Last edited:

LMSB

Original Poster
DAY 6
Tuesday 10/31/17

Happy Halloween! I thought it was really cool that we got to spend a holiday in Disney :) We went about our morning routines and I had Roland snap a pic of me in my 'costume'
IMG_6714.JPG

My shirt says 'Happy Un-birthday' Can you guess who I am?;)
We headed over to the food court for breakfast, then headed out to the bus stop. Our destination for that morning: AK!
IMG_6715.JPG

I am the Mad Hatter, and this is my mad husband:D:D
Soon we arrived:
IMG_6718.JPG

It was beautiful out- nice & cool, but not cold like the past few mornings had been. I checked the app and saw that Dinosaur was a 5 minute wait so we headed towards Dinoland.
IMG_6722.JPG

We walked right on and soon we were at the loading dock:
IMG_6723.JPG

As always, I screamed like crazy as we raced to save our dino- and Roland laughed at me:D It was a good ride to start the day!
IMG_6728.JPG

Up next was our FP for EE so we headed off to Asia
IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6727.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

LMSB

Original Poster
DAY 6 cont'd
We did our EE routine- single rider, then FP!
IMG_7187.JPG

IMG_7186.JPG

Decided to take a quick rest:
IMG_7185.JPG

It was exhausting chasing after that Yeti!!

Like my trip report says, this was the trip of roller coasters! Our coaster count was at:
Space Mountain- 3
BTMR- 1
RnRC- 3
7DMT- 1
EE- 5

Roland had to make a phone call to our realtor, so I grabbed a Mickey pop & Facetimed with my sister
IMG_6733.JPG

We finished our calls and continued on. We watched these two guys for a good 20 minutes- they were very active and drew quite a large crowd:
IMG_6739.JPG

IMG_6742.JPG

Kali River Rapids was a walk on- it was still pretty cool out! We contemplated riding, but decided not to risk getting soaked and opted to walk through Maharajah Jungle Trek. There weren't many animals out but it was a nice, peaceful walk. I spotted this & loved it:
IMG_6754.JPG

We stopped for some Photo Pass pics too
IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

We emerged, and it was time to use our FP for Festival of the Lion King!

LMSB

Original Poster
On to FOTL!
IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

We joined the FP queue and soon we were in the theater. We sat in the section facing the entrance/exit in the farthest right hand corner- they were great seats! We were the 'lion' section:) I just love this show- the music, the stunts, it's all just amazing.
IMG_6766.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

After the show we decided to take a break & head to one of the resorts for lunch. AK was starting to get crowded & congested again:confused: I took this on our way out of Africa:
IMG_6782.JPG

We wanted to go to a resort we hadn't yet been at, and Roland suggested The Boardwalk so off we went! We hopped on a bus & soon arrived. We were pretty hungry at this point so we headed right out onto the boardwalk & decided to eat at Big River Grille. We sat outside with a beautiful view of the Yacht & Beach Clubs. I ordered the chicken quesadilla & Roland had the fish tacos- they were both very good! Our server was from New Jersey so we had fun chatting about our home state with her. After we ate, we checked out The Screen Door General Store and walked the boardwalk- it was practically deserted!! That afternoon was actually one of my favorite parts of the trip:)We just enjoyed the peace & quiet before getting on a boat over to HS.
IMG_6788.JPG

Next up was our afternoon & evening at the studios!

LMSB

Original Poster
Happy Thanksgiving week! I'm hoping to finish my TR this week:)

I had to come on here and talk about the new film, The Florida Project. I was reading a Buzzfeed article last Friday about upcoming movies that will sure to be talked about this awards season, and this film was on the list.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/awards-season-preview-2017?utm_term=.ivnLOYwKL#.haaMOoREM
My curiosity got the best of me, so I googled the trailer, and showtimes- turns out it was playing at a tiny five theater cinema near my parents. We decided to go check it out, and went for the 4:30PM showing Saturday afternoon. We were blown away by this film! It was really something to see the characters living day to day, many living in poverty just trying to get by all while living in the shadows of the Happiest Place on Earth. There are lots of subtle references to Walt Disney World, although as viewers we don't actually SEE it until the final scene. As a Disney fan, I enjoyed this film- but it also opened my eyes a bit to what actually goes on in the surrounding area of such a magical world..

Last edited:

LMSB

Original Poster
Back to the Trip Report!
We arrived at HS and posed for some Photo Pass shots:
IMG_6811.JPG
IMG_6936.JPG

*We now joke & say that this one is Roland's reaction when I told him I've already started planning our 2019 trip:D
(Talks of a possible 2018 trip are in the works for my sister & I, but more on that later)
We grabbed some iced teas from Starbucks and caught the March of the First Order again:)
IMG_6796.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

At lunch I had grabbed a FP for RnRC so we headed that way and did our usual routine- checked the single rider (10 minutes), rode single & then met back up again for our FP.
IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

Our RnRC count was now at 7!
After our ride we saw that Star Tours was only a 20 minute wait so we headed that way- and got sidetracked by this:
IMG_6816.JPG

We settled in for the short film, which we enjoyed! (It inspired us to watch the films again- so far since we've been back we have watched A New Hope & Empire Strikes Back. We are low-key Star Wars nerds for sure:)) After the film it was getting close to our 5:00 reservation at 50's Prime Time so we opted to ride Star Tours after dinner..

LMSB

Original Poster
IMG_6819.JPG

Love this place! We checked in, and the CM who helped us was from New Jersey, our second fellow Jersey-an of the day! We took a seat in the lounge and waited for our name to be called
IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_6822.JPG

I also got in trouble for doing this:
IMG_6820.JPG

"WHAT ARE YA DOING IN MA KITCHEN?!!":D:D
We were seated and soon greeted by Cousin Carmelo, who was great. I ordered Mom's Old-Fashioned pot roast & Roland got a chicken Cesar salad. For dessert we shared the Traditional Warm Apple Crisp & Dad's Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter layer cake. Everything was sooo good! We really enjoyed ourselves, and apparently this was the only food pic I took:
IMG_6824.JPG

Nice and full, we headed back outside and walked around for awhile to let our meals settle. Soon, we were back at Star Tours which was a walk on:) Glad we had waited to do it until after dinner!
We exited to Jedi Training, which we stopped & watched for awhile-
IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_6842.JPG

LMSB

Original Poster
We decided to make our way back to Hollywood & Vine for Fantasmic! and got sidetracked yet again:
IMG_6852.JPG

YAYYYYYY!!!!!:):)
We hopped on line and soon we were on a warm, wonderful smelling beach!
I instructed Roland that Olaf likes warm hugs
IMG_6867.JPG

IMG_6865.JPG

Then it was my turn!
IMG_6868.JPG

Then a group hug!
IMG_6857.JPG

After our visit, we checked the single rider for RnRC- a walk on! This was our 8th ride, and as much as I love it I would have preferred a ride on ToT.:) At this point, ToT stand by was at 120 minutes! Which quickly changed to 'temporarily closed'! As the kids say, it was a hot mess, LOL.
IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Look who made the wall again!!!
IMG_0324.jpg

After our 8th and final ride with Steven & the boys, we headed in for Fantasmic!
The theater was PACKED but we didn't mind- we sat in the very last section of bleachers right by the exit. We could see & hear everything no problem:) I was so happy we were finally sticking around for some nighttime entertainment!
IMG_0330.jpg

Not the best pic, but I had to get a shot of this- it was my favorite part! We headed our right after this so we could beat the crowds- and made it to our bus stop just as the Star Wars fireworks were starting! We were able to watch for a few minutes before a bus showed up. It was the perfect way to end our evening at the Studios!
Once back at the hotel, we grabbed our nightly snacks and headed back to our room where we found our pink slip aka DME info :( Couldn't worry about that yet though, we still had one more day of magic left!

LMSB

Original Poster
Hello all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving & long weekend! I sat down a few times to try and finish this up but food & shopping kept distracting me:) Back to the report!

DAY 7
Wednesday, 11/1/17

Our final day:(:( I woke up feeling pretty under the weather- all stuffed up with a sore throat:confused: All the running around, and not to mention the weather constantly changing had finally caught up to me. I was not going to let this ruin our last day though- off we went!
IMG_6871.JPG

It was soooo pretty and peaceful that morning, I had to take a pic!
We headed over to the food court for some Mickey waffles, and Roland mixed me up some hot tea with honey & lemon. Was just what I needed! We boarded a bus for our last trip to the MK and soon arrived. It was beautiful out- we took our time on Main Street before heading over to Tomorrowland for our Space Mountain FP. Stopped for some Photo Pass pics:
IMG_6884.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

We grabbed some drinks from Starbucks (another tea for me, coffee for Roland) and made our way over the bridge into Tomorrowland.
IMG_6876.JPG

We took a spin on the People Mover so we could finish our drinks before riding SM. After our FP ride, we saw stand by was only 10 minutes so we rode one last time!
IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6897.JPG

I'm not sure why or how we got separated on our second ride:( I think it was a party miscount by the CM- no big deal though! Roland took a call while I got a little rattled in the back there:D After we walked over to Fantasyland to Chesire Cat Cafe where I treated myself to one of these:
IMG_6886.JPG

Chesire Cat tail! It was filled with chocolate, and delicious! The frozen lemonade felt great on my sore throat too. While having my snack I checked the app and saw that 7DMT stand by was only 20 minutes!!! That was the shortest wait time it had been all week! We quickly headed over for one more ride through the mines..

LMSB

Original Poster
DAY 7 cont'd
We didn't mind the short wait because we got to see the queue this time. (I also got to finish my wonderful frozen drink;)) Again, this is a great ride- just needs to be a little longer!
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6925.JPG

I had grabbed a FP for BTMR while on line so afterwards we headed towards Frontierland. We had some time to kill before our window opened, so we stopped for a spooky ride through Haunted Mansion. I forget which ghost hitched a ride with us:(
Roland suggested before riding BTMR that we take a trip over to Tom Sawyer Island. It was fun! I hadn't been over there since I was little.
IMG_6898.JPG

IMG_6900.JPG

IMG_6903.JPG

IMG_6911.JPG

After we got our fill of exploring and getting lost in a cave, we rode back to Frontierland for our FP. After our final ride on BTMR our coaster count was at:
Space Mountain- 5
BTMR- 2
RnRC- 7
7DMT- 2
EE- 5

We had planned to spend the afternoon at Disney Springs, and at this point it was nearing lunchtime. We decided to do one last MK ride before heading out- and decided that POTC was it!
IMG_6935.JPG

Until next time, Magic Kingdom!

LMSB

Original Poster
I'M BACK, to finish what I started! It's been nine long months since my last post, and being that a 2019 trip is (hopefully) in the works -- I am now inspired to finish this trip report. Since last November we sold our townhouse in Trenton NJ, moved into our new house in Cherry Hill NJ, my sister got in engaged at Christmas, my parents sold their home & are now living with us before they move into their new place in September. Whew, crazy busy!
Last I left you's, R & I were finishing up at the Magic Kingdom -- on to Disney Springs!
I have to admit, I don't remember which route we took to the springs :oops: I want to say, buses didn't begin running there from MK until 4:00PM so we got creative -- hopped over to a resort, then on a bus to the springs? Anyways, we arrived & decided to have lunch at Planet Hollywood -- had some burgers & enjoyed the atmosphere. After lunch we walked around the top level to see all the movie memorabilia
IMG_6933.JPG
IMG_6934.JPG
IMG_6941.JPG

(A League of Their Own is one of my favorite movies!!)
After PH we hit the Starbucks before doing some shopping. We came across this awesome wall at Starbucks:
IMG_6943.JPG

We browsed some more stores before heading into World of Disney where I stocked up on goodies!
IMG_6942.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6946.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

After saying goodbye to the springs, it was close to 4:00 so we decided to just end our trip with a bang -- the wait time for Flight of Passage was posted at 2 hours, so we decided to go for it! We hopped on a bus to AK, and before we knew it we had arrived at Pandora..

LMSB

Original Poster
Our curiosity of FOP had gotten the best of us so we were pretty excited at this point -- not to mention the floating mountains & beautiful scenery to take in.
IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg

Checking all of this out made the wait seem less than two hours. Plus, the two girls behind us were former College Program participants so we got to talking to them for awhile.
IMG_0356.jpg

Almost there!
Pretty soon, we arrived at the gates -- was a little confusion with another group and the numbers they were supposed to stand on:rolleyes: BUT everyone got it together and soon we were boarding. We both loved the ride, and were glad we decided to suck up the wait time & have it be our last attraction of the trip. We checked out the gift shop, and the banshees that were up for adoption ;) By then we were starving again so we headed across the way to Satu'li Canteen. We each had a grilled beef bowl, and R had the blueberry cream cheese mousse & I had the chocolate. MMMMM;)
IMG_0358.jpg

And just like that, our time in the parks had come to an end:confused:
Until next time, AK..
IMG_0359.jpg

We headed back to AS Movies, where we packed up for our flight home the next day. Early the next morning, we had our last breakfast of Mickey waffles before the Magical Express picked us up. It's just not as fun as when you're coming in. Hmph.
Before we knew it, we were back in Newark NJ & our honeymoon was over.
Nine months later, we're still talking about what an amazing, magical trip it was -- and I am working on R to join my sister & I for a 2019 trip! We're thinking late February (after all the presidential holidays) or early March (before the craziness of spring break).
Stay tuned for a pre-trip report, friends!

mlegerto

Glad you were able to get back to finish this TR!

What a great adventure the two of you had, looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully you can convince R to join in on your 2019 trip. I can't wait to hear what you have planned - February or March isn't that far away. Happy planning!

LMSB

Original Poster
Glad you were able to get back to finish this TR!

What a great adventure the two of you had, looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully you can convince R to join in on your 2019 trip. I can't wait to hear what you have planned - February or March isn't that far away. Happy planning!
Thanks for following along! It was a great trip. A slight change in plans, a girls trip no more! R & I will be heading down in Sept 2019 :):)
My sister miiiiight join us (she got engaged this past December and isn't sure she'll be able to afford the time off from work with all the wedding planning, costs, etc.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom