Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Sage of Time

I would really like some horticulture work to be done around the castle/hub to restore some of the castles scale in the hub area. Those trees are beautiful, but they have changed the scale of the buildings and the Matterhorn.

In the early 2000s two tall trees right behind Snow Whites Wishing Well were removed and it made a huge difference in the castles appearance.
I agree that the scale IS thrown off... but Disneyland is so lush and so green and so beautiful. Maybe trimming the trees, instead of removing them? I really would hate to lose that old growth that the park has.

Announcement date is set...so keep your eyes peeled later this month. ;)

Oh, fantastic!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Mickey and Minnie look like similar to Year of a Million Dreams. I like the cape on Minnie.

Minnie_Mickey_YOMD_costumes_sowa.jpg

TP2000

Okay, so I was told January 28 for the announcement. Got the clear to post. :)

About six hours after you posted that, the Miceage gang published a big Miceage Update. There's a whole bunch of 60th Anniversary info in that update, but this paragraph caught my eye and I thought of you @GiveMeTheMusic !

"The official 60th Anniversary media announcement is now slated to happen at Disneyland during a private event on the night of Wednesday, January 28th. A second media day on the 29th will be dedicated to Frozen Fun as the attending press is marched over to DCA to see those not-quite-temporary Arendelle offerings. And then on Friday, January 30th the Disney Parks Blog will kick into high gear and release 60th Anniversary artwork and information online to Disney fans around the world." - Miceage Update, January 6th 2015

Disneyland fans should run, not walk, to read the latest Miceage Update today. http://micechat.com/91544-disneyland-diamond-anniversary/

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

MousePlanet is reporting this morning that DLR is considering multiple 24 hour parties this year. In addition to the Memorial Day weekend 60th kickoff they are also considering 24 hour events for July 17th (Disneyland’s birthday) Halloween, Christmas, and New Years Eve.

Kman101

I think that's overdoing it a bit on the 24 hour thing ... it's a nice novelty that's going to be quickly worn out IMO

Looking forward to Disneyland's 60th though. Really hope I can make it out there this year.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
MousePlanet is reporting this morning that DLR is considering multiple 24 hour parties this year. In addition to the Memorial Day weekend 60th kickoff they are also considering 24 hour events for July 17th (Disneyland’s birthday) Halloween, Christmas, and New Years Eve.

Oh gosh, I really hope they don't judge one on Disneyland's actual birthday. I'm planning to be there that day.

GiveMeTheMusic

About six hours after you posted that, the Miceage gang published a big Miceage Update. There's a whole bunch of 60th Anniversary info in that update, but this paragraph caught my eye and I thought of you @GiveMeTheMusic !

"The official 60th Anniversary media announcement is now slated to happen at Disneyland during a private event on the night of Wednesday, January 28th. A second media day on the 29th will be dedicated to Frozen Fun as the attending press is marched over to DCA to see those not-quite-temporary Arendelle offerings. And then on Friday, January 30th the Disney Parks Blog will kick into high gear and release 60th Anniversary artwork and information online to Disney fans around the world." - Miceage Update, January 6th 2015

Disneyland fans should run, not walk, to read the latest Miceage Update today. http://micechat.com/91544-disneyland-diamond-anniversary/

I'm just relieved to find out I'm not TOTALLY useless! I'll wear this as a badge of honor from now on when anyone questions me. "WHO AM I? I BROKE THE 60TH ANNOUNCEMENT DATE 6 HOURS BEFORE MICEAGE, THAT'S WHO I AM! Now get me a sandwich."

Mike S

I'm just relieved to find out I'm not TOTALLY useless! I'll wear this as a badge of honor from now on when anyone questions me. "WHO AM I? I BROKE THE 60TH ANNOUNCEMENT DATE 6 HOURS BEFORE MICEAGE, THAT'S WHO I AM! Now get me a sandwich."
Didn't you actually break it with your first post about the date? I swear you wrote January 28 but then you edited it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom