Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Figments Friend

I think I remember someone said that single rider is what skips everything. I definitely won't be doing that.

Yes, Single Rider definitely skips most of the indoor queue.
For a 'first ride', definitely try to do IJA first thing in the morning when the Park opens, or even better, right before the Park closes.
I find riding at nighttime makes many of the interiors easier to see and effects even better since your eyes are already adjusted to the dark from being outside.

Mike, either way, you WILL get to ride it and you will be blown away.
:)

And now we return you to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Bing Bong

What..?
Well that is news to me then. Every time i have ever done FP or Single Rider for IJA they have always routed people through the exit of the Attraction, completely bypassing most of the indoor queue.
Apologies then, friend.
Apparently in the busier Summer months they keep FPers in the main line.
I always visit off-season, so perhaps that is why the route is different.

Still, i highly recommend doing the full queue for one's first ride experience. There is plenty of eye candy to keep one entertained.
If you need some examples, check out some of my posts in my 'Tony Baxter Tour of Disneyland - a Venture' thread.
I have never seen them route FP through the exit...

JediMasterMatt

Illuminations DID get a major improvement with the new lasers. It may sound small but it did add a lot to the show. We also have Festival Of Fantasy which is still pretty new. The thing about WDW is that it's so big, you can usually find a place you've never fully explored or knew about yet. Sorry to get off topic...

Illuminations lasers replaced the old lasers that were not functional for years; but, previously were part of the show when it opened. So, it is righting the wrong done by poor maintenance. They do look great though as I just saw them last week.

Festival of Fantasy is really good. It is also the replacement of a parade that was a remodel of a parade that in essence had been around for almost a decade.

You are correct about the size of WDW masking a lot of this; but, what happens after you've seen it all? This is where the size of the resort is counter productive. Being big may hide away what is stale and not changing; but, it also creates diminishing returns for repeat business.

The worlds most visited amusement resort deserves better.

lego606

MagicBandit
I have. It was years ago, but I do remember entering through the exit at least once or twice. Haven't been in a while, so I can't speak to how it works now....

That is indeed the way it was done for a while. Indy FP used to merge, unmerge, and remerge at the film room. The exit was the next plan they tried (to save the ramp outside for ADA access). Too much line hopping --> current plan

George Lucas on a Bench

It's simple to line-hop at Indy these days as a single rider. You go up the exit and merge with the normal line at the film room, at which point you can just stay with a group instead of taking the elevator since it's all one line. Not that I would do such a thing.

OSUgirl77

That is indeed the way it was done for a while. Indy FP used to merge, unmerge, and remerge at the film room. The exit was the next plan they tried (to save the ramp outside for ADA access). Too much line hopping --> current plan
Thanks for confirming! I thought maybe I was remembering it wrong...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom