DisneylandForward

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Lighten up it ain't that serious.
So you correct my sarcasm, I call you out on it, then you tell me to lighten up? You are one piece of work my friend. You are also finally going on my ignore list, so get in the last word you are always compelled to get in, because I won't be seeing it.

1617305264919.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So you correct my sarcasm, I call you out on it, then you tell me to lighten up? You are one piece of work my friend. You are also finally going on my ignore list, so get in the last word you are always compelled to get in, because I won't be seeing it.

View attachment 544292
My apologies if your original post was being sarcastic, didn't come across that way to me. Why didn't you just say that instead of "GMAFB"?

Nirya

Back to the Disneyland Drive/Walnut Street discussion...

It is weird that the city is unwilling to give up Disneyland Drive because they want to keep Walnut Street as a residential street but is more than willing to buy and displace people in an apartment complex in order to build a road to nowhere. Almost like the city views some people as more important than others.

Darkbeer1

It is weird that the city is unwilling to give up Disneyland Drive because they want to keep Walnut Street as a residential street but is more than willing to buy and displace people in an apartment complex in order to build a road to nowhere. Almost like the city views some people as more important than others.
Or maybe the city wants major roads to access the Convention Center, which it owns.

The Disneyland Drive exit from South Bound I5 including the Carpool lane takes folks directly to the West Street Parking Structures.

Gene Autry Way has a Northbound I5 carpool exit and if the new road is built takes folks to the main entrance area.

Since the Convention Center brings in a lot of business and guests, and of course the city wants to cater to them.

lazyboy97o

Or maybe the city wants major roads to access the Convention Center, which it owns.

The Disneyland Drive exit from South Bound I5 including the Carpool lane takes folks directly to the West Street Parking Structures.

Gene Autry Way has a Northbound I5 carpool exit and if the new road is built takes folks to the main entrance area.

Since the Convention Center brings in a lot of business and guests, and of course the city wants to cater to them.
You make Moses proud.

TP2000

TP2000

I don't know that it's all that sinister. The use of eminent domain by governments to acquire property to expand roads and infrastructure predates the invention of Portland cement. And it continues well into the 21st century. Heck, the state of California has taken hundreds of properties in recent years from private landowners and small farmers to build the Bullet Train from Bakersfield to Modesto (two megalopolises that are global centers of commerce, to be sure), and that's a project that may never be completed.

This is just a half-mile extension of an existing road.

Now, there's the question of whether or not this road extension is actually needed. I'm of the opinion that this extension is not, and Gene Autry Way in general is an overbuilt road to nowhere for very few people who want to get nowhere.

If they built this Gene Autry Way extension, I can think of very few people that would want or need to use it between State College and the Convention Center. I can also think of only one or two events that may come along once every decade or three that this extension would be helpful for. It just seems like a bad idea from 20 years ago that hasn't aged well at all.

TP2000

I will go on record that Gene Autry Way makes sense at least from the Stadium (State College) to the 5 freeway, on Angel game days or big events at the Stadium. But from the 5 westward to Haster, or God forbid on through the Toy Story Lot, it makes no sense to me. Especially if it diminishes the ability to build large-scale tourism complexes or a theme park on that land.

I don't really care that much about it, as any theme park built there won't arrive until long after I'm dead.

I just wanted an excuse to get "the 5" into conversation here. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom