Disneyland Things I Never Knew Existed & Now Want Back

SuddenStorm

I knew this existed but I would love to see a real Indian village complete with dancers. Knotts still has their Indian dancer why not Disneyland? It would have added a lot to the river.

NORVELL4124.jpg

It's to bad they didn't make space to bring this back when they extended the Critter Country path and built the Star Wars entrance. Would have been a neat diversion.

Rich T

Original Poster
It's cool because it's subtly TRON-esque but not a literal TRON attraction like that stupid roller coaster that just goes outside.
Agree, but--to be fair--The Tron ride does end by going indoors and turning into Rock n' Rollercoaster. (And, geez, wouldn't it have been cool if Rocket Rods had gone through the old Tron superspeed tunnel...but then It would have also been ironic that the best part of the ride had been where the Rods slowed to a crawl...)

XxBigCheesexX

The wonderful Gorillas Don't Blog recently posted shots from the DL's 1976 Easter Parade, including this gem:
View attachment 287661
Col. Hathi and Winnifred in their Sunday best. Elephant spats!!! I know 2018 ain't 1976, but.... this is so much more charming and interesting than the same old same old character roster we currently get time and time again.
for a second i thought that was a real elephant

Old Mouseketeer

Yes, it connects the now-useless station to the Buzz building. It's not large. Maybe they could turn it into a dungeon for people who take flash photos on dark rides.

Oh, yes please. I have a tasty tidbit from one of my Rebel Spies! A friend who worked in entertainment told me that when Innoventions closed to build Launch Bay and Marvel Superhero HQ several years ago, Captain America and Thor dressed in that basement while meeting guests upstairs under the old peoplemover/rocketrods platform. After doing their set in the hot sun, they descended into a meat locker. Apparently the air handling system was shared with the Buzz Lightyear store which has an entry portal opened to the outside. So the hotter the temperature outside, the harder the system worked to cool the store and turn the basement into a freezer. On the hottest days they could see their breath in the cold air. Many days' work were lost to colds and sickness.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh, yes please. I have a tasty tidbit from one of my Rebel Spies! A friend who worked in entertainment told me that when Innoventions closed to build Launch Bay and Marvel Superhero HQ several years ago, Captain America and Thor dressed in that basement while meeting guests upstairs under the old peoplemover/rocketrods platform. After doing their set in the hot sun, they descended into a meat locker. Apparently the air handling system was shared with the Buzz Lightyear store which has an entry portal opened to the outside. So the hotter the temperature outside, the harder the system worked to cool the store and turn the basement into a freezer. On the hottest days they could see their breath in the cold air. Many days' work were lost to colds and sickness.

SMH. The Happiest Place on Earth?

SuddenStorm

I knew this existed, but some kind of burning cabin and story on the backside of the rivers. Yes, the story changed over the years and the cabin eventually stopped burning and has now been completely rebuilt, but just having it sit there is a missed opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom